MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm Getting Bad Vibes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smudge

smudge

Number of posts : 6
Rig : 07 2 Door Rubi
Registration date : 2008-12-28

I'm Getting Bad Vibes Empty
PostSubject: I'm Getting Bad Vibes   I'm Getting Bad Vibes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 12:13 am

I have a vibration coming from my drive train (I think) and it doesnt happen all the time its mostly when I am driving up a slight grade and its always between 1400 and 1500 RPM's no matter what speed I'm going.

I took it to Mission Chrysler and the wonderful service rep I dealt with told me it was my aftermarket tires humming before I could finish explaining my problem. When I told him those were the stock tires he laughed and said "do I look like and idiot to you?" and I said nope but you sure act like one.

He went and got a salesman to tell me I didnt know what I was talking about and then STFU when the salesman confirmed his idiot status.

I left it at the dealership for the day but of course it didnt make the noise when the service tech drove it and I took the guy for a ride that afternoon and it wouldnt do it then either.

Can anyone recomend a good dealership to take it to and if you have any idea about what it might be let me know.
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm Getting Bad Vibes   I'm Getting Bad Vibes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 7:40 pm

Hey Smudge, is yours an auto or standard? I have an 07 X standard and I have this same vibration. I had someone tell me they had an 07 4 door X standard with the same vibration and it ended up needing a new transmission mount. However, it did take 281 North Jeep (actually Ancira, but now closed-could not happen to a more deserving person) four attempts before they fixed the problem. I took mine to Lonestar and they said it was normal. Now that I have put my lift and tires on, there is no way I can relate to them what it was doing prior to that, so I might be SOL if there is in fact some issue.

I would not take it to Ancira on I10-they have to be the worst service department I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, hence the renaming of the Ancira dealership on 281 and then the ultimate closing of the dealership-they suck. Renee recommended Lonestar and that is who I took it to this last time, all in all, I was happy. Still a little concerned about the drivetraiin vibration, but it least I have something documented that it was occuring prior to mods.

Keep posting on this. I would like to know if we have the same issue.

Stacy
Back to top Go down
smudge

smudge

Number of posts : 6
Rig : 07 2 Door Rubi
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm Getting Bad Vibes   I'm Getting Bad Vibes Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 10:37 pm

Its an automatic.

I will give Lonestar a try and I will let you know if they find anything or not.

John
Back to top Go down
jflys yj
Got No Life
Got No Life
jflys yj

Number of posts : 886
Rig : 93 YJ
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: I'm Getting Bad Vibes   I'm Getting Bad Vibes Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009, 8:20 pm

maybe new transmiaaion mount or try your motor mounts amke sure there nice and tight
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jfly22
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Getting Bad Vibes   I'm Getting Bad Vibes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Getting Bad Vibes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Stock Options-
Jump to: