MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Houston Install Party

Go down 
+8
Hutch
jeeperjennie
The Raven
akonius
redneckhouston
CRUX
N2rock
TxCrawler
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Houston Install Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2009, 7:20 pm

terrahawk wrote:
George / Jenny,

Can Joe and I come help ya'll sort out the barn this weekend?

we wont be home on Saturday it's grandpaws 88th birthday and we will be at his birthday party........Maybe Sunday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2009, 6:31 pm

don't forget to take pics.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2009, 5:03 pm

that is is kick ass mod
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2009, 4:54 pm

George / Jenny,

Can Joe and I come help ya'll sort out the barn this weekend?
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009, 4:43 pm

the install party will be at our house...we live out near the waller magnolia area.

Hutch don't forget I still have my bumper as well the plastic and the metal frame with the light hoop on it.
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009, 3:37 pm

jeeperjennie wrote:
ok then the 21st it is.....bring chairs and your drink of choice....oh and jeep parts to install...see you all there

Where? I don't have anything to install (as of yet), but can I come to the party? bounce
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009, 2:13 pm

Akonius, that looks good. I have not seen it done like that before.

Yeah Jody that would be great. All your talk about cutting off my bumper got me thinkikg....

Umm...sorry about hijacking the thread.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009, 12:43 pm

Hutch wrote:
anybody have any experience welding plastic? I have been thinking about doing the stock stubby bumper mod.

Mark, I have my old stock bumper you can experimant with.
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jan 2009, 9:24 pm

Hutch wrote:
anybody have any experience welding plastic? I have been thinking about doing the stock stubby bumper mod.

I did mine...riveted and welded. Once you get into the welding...its not that hard, just time consuming. Best approach I used was a "stitching" approach with a point tip, then you smooth it out with the sides of the bit. Either a high wattage soldering iron or a portable butane torch will do the job...I used the butane torch. After I was done, I sprayed it all over with Duplicolor Bedliner - I only had one can so it didn't really fill in gaps as well I would have liked it to - but I'm fine with the end result. Also, I used a low speed Rotozip with a cut-off wheel seen below - it goes thru the plastic like butter and leaves a nice sanded cut edge...also goes thru the steel bumper frame. Here's a few pics of mine...

Houston Install Party Stubbytools

Houston Install Party Stubbyprocess005

Houston Install Party Stubbycomplete005

Houston Install Party Completedstubbyonrig12-10-08FORU-3

Houston Install Party Completedstubbyonrig12-10-08FORUM3
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jan 2009, 7:31 pm

why weld plastic just use the expanding foam and paint
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jan 2009, 6:42 pm

Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jan 2009, 5:37 pm

ok then the 21st it is.....bring chairs and your drink of choice....oh and jeep parts to install...see you all there
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009, 9:54 pm

N2rock wrote:
Feb 21st gets my vote... ANd then we go wheeling on the 28th to give the new mods a pre-Trees shakedown run

I'm with Steve - the 21st is good...following week at the Creek will be good as well!

...now I just need to BUY something to install! cheers
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009, 6:45 pm

Feb 21st gets my vote... ANd then we go wheeling on the 28th to give the new mods a pre-Trees shakedown run
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan 2009, 6:20 pm

Ok as for the install day

Feb 7th
is too close we wont have parts in and things ready to do installs

Feb 14th
valentines day ooo not so good some of us will have plans that day

Feb 21st
We are having Alex's birthday party here at the house....we can still do an install day here that day...at least it would give all of the kids something to do...maybe I'll rent a moon walk or something but we can for sure bar b q and eat cake!

Feb 28th
I think we are all planning on wheelin that day

March 7th
Not too much going on that day could do an install day

March 14th
could do an install

March 21st
Week before we go to Trees........install day not such a good idea.

Should we start a poll?
or do you just wanna give feedback?
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009, 6:09 pm

hummmmm.......you guys need a place with big trees, lots of room for Jeeps to park, room to work on Jeeps, a place with not too many neighbors, some place near tomball, some place tucked away in the sticks, with no Home Owners Ass.

Gosh G and I have been racking our brains trying to find a place like this.........

this description sounds so much like a place I have been to before...now where was that place?
Back to top Go down
The Raven
Poster child
Poster child
The Raven

Number of posts : 313
Rig : 09 X ulimited **1/2 doors**
specs. : 2.5" TF BB 35" KM
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009, 8:25 am

as we are trying to think of a place... it would be nice if this place was close to me. Wink

say just outside of Tomball.
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009, 2:55 am

:idea:
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 10:52 pm

hmm.......... wonder where we could find a place like that????
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 10:03 pm

N2rock wrote:
Yeah... We can get my bumper raise to get rid of the ugly gap (so RonGilbert won't mention it any more LOL), and my ahem tire carrier too

Now where is a place??? A place that can handle an unruly group like this. Some place out in the stix that doesn't have HOA's to worry about. A place where they don't care if they piss off the neighbors. hmmmmmmm where is a place like this?

Of course, everyone is welcome at my house too. My neighbors don't seem to mind too much
A place where one could drive up tree's without certain others getting all butthurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 8:31 pm

Yeah... We can get my bumper raise to get rid of the ugly gap (so RonGilbert won't mention it any more LOL), and my ahem tire carrier too

Now where is a place??? A place that can handle an unruly group like this. Some place out in the stix that doesn't have HOA's to worry about. A place where they don't care if they piss off the neighbors. hmmmmmmm where is a place like this?

Of course, everyone is welcome at my house too. My neighbors don't seem to mind too much
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 8:25 pm

I think we need to start planning a Houston install party in preparation for the Trees Ranch run and then have a testing day at Spring Creek the following weekend.

I would say the weekend of March 7th for the install party. The weekend of the 14th for Spring Creek, and that would give us 2 weeks for tweaking....

Anybody up for this?
Do we have any volunteers to host? (I would but I don't think the neighbors nor the HOA would like it though Sad )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Houston Install Party   Houston Install Party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Houston Install Party
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: News & Views :: Thread Graveyard-
Jump to: