MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay

Go down 
+3
Mr.RonGilbert
JK-fredd0
N2rock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Empty
PostSubject: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2009, 12:19 pm

The winner of the Wounded Warrior Jeep auction has put it on ebay because the taxes on the winning are too high

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37.l1313%26satitle%3D180325438798%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=180325438798&viewitem=

A lot of rig for someone that has the $$$'s
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2009, 1:59 pm

even if i could afford that, i would want to build one myself... i guess i am silly like that.

i wonder if he would sell it for the taxes Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2009, 9:40 pm

IMO he should give the money back to the wounded warriors. I hoped to win it (as many did) and the plan was to auction it off and give the money to Brooks Army Medical Center (BAMC) to spend on their house for families to stay in while visiting their folks (Fisher house) or the rehab facility.

I have made many runs to BAMC with the Patriot Guard ( http://www.patriotguard.org/ ) to spend time with the troops and it changed the way I look at life in a big way. We should organize a run to BAMC and spend a day sometime.... it is awesome. I go to local schools and usually get hundreds of cards to hand out.

Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2009, 11:04 pm

A few more details......
here is the Fisher house:
Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay DSC03626
BAMC
Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay DSC03623

The patriot guard standing for one who stood for us:
Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay DSC04214

A little story about the photo above... was late May on the southeast side of Houston and the sun was out until the service started... we stood there in the rain (small price to pay....) thinking about how much the ride to the grave site was going to suck (again a small price). Just as soon as the service was over at the church the clouds broke and the sun came out. We rode over to Houston Memorial (about 30 miles) and it was sunny the whole way. The sun stayed out until the grave side service was complete then it started raining again. Kind of like God took a few minutes to make sure that the soldier got a proper send-off. I will never forget it.

Apologies for the hijack.... this stuff hits close to home.
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2009, 2:27 am

Damn someone actually somewhat close to home, won the thing! Manor just east of Austin on 290...

scratch We should get this guy to tow it out to the big jeep meet thingy! It be cool just to see a V8 in a JK and maybe hear it purr
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2009, 3:29 am

TxRubiRig wrote:

scratch We should get this guy to tow it out to the big jeep meet thingy! It be cool just to see a V8 in a JK and maybe hear it purr

ya know, iff you had gone wheeling with us at new years, you could have seen one AND heard it purr......

..........and heard it howl in anger when the driver unleashed all 425 hp at every obstacle he couldent make it up..........

it was almost worth going just to hear that thing sing, randy has a very heavy right foot, and beats that thing to death
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2009, 10:11 am

when i worked at gunn dodge, we would have guys come in all the time missing a foot, leg, arm, or wrapped in the burn sleeves.

it was hard enough dealing with those guys, i couldn't begin to think about sacrificing a body part for anything. i can only imagine the ones who are not so lucky or who are just starting to get treatment.

hats off to our service men and women for allowing me to enjoy the freedoms that i have and shame on politicians for making laws taking away those hard fought freedoms.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2009, 9:35 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
IMO he should give the money back to the wounded warriors. I hoped to win it (as many did) and the plan was to auction it off and give the money to Brooks Army Medical Center (BAMC) to spend on their house for families to stay in while visiting their folks (Fisher house) or the rehab facility.

I have made many runs to BAMC with the Patriot Guard ( http://www.patriotguard.org/ ) to spend time with the troops and it changed the way I look at life in a big way. We should organize a run to BAMC and spend a day sometime.... it is awesome. I go to local schools and usually get hundreds of cards to hand out.

Anyone interested?

Yes this would be great, maybe we can plan a date. I know we have the MArch trip, Topless day in May, we will do a summer run to the beach July or Aug, would Sept be a good time?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2009, 10:15 pm

redneckhouston wrote:
TxRubiRig wrote:

ya know, iff you had gone wheeling with us at new years, you could have seen one AND heard it purr......

..........and heard it howl in anger when the driver unleashed all 425 hp at every obstacle he couldent make it up..........

it was almost worth going just to hear that thing sing, randy has a very heavy right foot, and beats that thing to death

There ya go, just continue to rub it in!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2009, 11:16 pm

Renee10 wrote:
Yes this would be great, maybe we can plan a date. I know we have the March trip, Topless day in May, we will do a summer run to the beach July or Aug, would Sept be a good time?

We can go anytime. Just a few phone calls and we are in. I spent most of my time on the burn ward... which IMO is the worst of the worst... I did my clinicals at the burn unit at UTMB in Galveston.... never forget it. I also do work at the Shriner's burn hospital in Galveston.... all treatment is FREE for kids at any Shriner Hosp....

When we decide to go I would be glad to coordinate with the folks at BAMC. I have all the contact info and would be happy to give it to anyone that wants it. I can also step you through how to get there. It is a secure facility but easily accessed following procedures.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 4:53 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Renee10 wrote:
Yes this would be great, maybe we can plan a date. I know we have the March trip, Topless day in May, we will do a summer run to the beach July or Aug, would Sept be a good time?

We can go anytime. Just a few phone calls and we are in. I spent most of my time on the burn ward... which IMO is the worst of the worst... I did my clinicals at the burn unit at UTMB in Galveston.... never forget it. I also do work at the Shriner's burn hospital in Galveston.... all treatment is FREE for kids at any Shriner Hosp....

When we decide to go I would be glad to coordinate with the folks at BAMC. I have all the contact info and would be happy to give it to anyone that wants it. I can also step you through how to get there. It is a secure facility but easily accessed following procedures.
Great MrRonGilbert, I am putting you in charge of this one, we willneed a few months lead time so everyone can plan, maybe a poll. When we get the date I can email everyone, you willneed to start a new thread here under events so everyoen can see. We (SA group)have our Jeep Meet Feb 21st, I will mention it then. can you mention it to the Houston guys when yall get together?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 7:43 pm

Renee10 wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Renee10 wrote:

Great MrRonGilbert, I am putting you in charge of this one, we willneed a few months lead time so everyone can plan, maybe a poll. When we get the date I can email everyone, you willneed to start a new thread here under events so everyoen can see. We (SA group)have our Jeep Meet Feb 21st, I will mention it then. can you mention it to the Houston guys when yall get together?

Absolutely!
Back to top Go down
TOYZ_2
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
TOYZ_2

Number of posts : 190
Rig : 98 TJ 4 Banger
specs. : 3 1/4 RC lift, bestop supertop, round tires , dual sun visiors
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2009, 11:17 am

MrRonGilbert, a few years ago my younger son Dustyn had some treatment done through the Shriners at UTMB in Galvestone. I have seen first hand the wonderful staff there and also the horror stories of some of the kids there also. Because the area of treatment was only his leg, we felt like we were the ones who were out of place there. That was an experience i will never forget. Anybody that has never been to a place like this would be shocked and then amazed by the courage these kids have.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2009, 11:37 am

Amen to that!!!

Hows Dustyn? Hopefully everything got worked out.

Interesting that you mentioned how the kids made an impression on you because every time that I go I feel the same way.... thankful for what I have etc.... really appreciating having healthy kids etc... makes my "problems" seem small and it doesn't take long to slip back into the old habits and forget what folks are going through and how good some of us have it. This is true for our wounded warriors and their families as well as some of our kiddos and their families as well.

Here is a pic of a couple of those courageous kiddos. We (Sheriff's + Shriner clowns) hand out several thousand teddy bears and balloons to all local children's hospitals (Shriner's, Texas Children's etc...) every year around Christmas and it is awesome.

Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay DSC02663

Go ahead with your "clown in uniform" comments :rasberry:.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2009, 12:16 pm

That's awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2009, 8:39 pm

Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay DSC02663

damn ron im impressed, that is a great costume, i barely recognized you
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitimeSat 07 Feb 2009, 11:22 pm

Damn dude....
Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Buckwheat-Poster-Card-C10230417

you don't have anything better to do on a beautiful Saturday afternoon?

What is funny is that he actually is a cop. There are two that are dressed up. I am a Shriner as well but not "brave" enough to dress up like a clown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay   Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior JK for sale on ebay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: News & Views :: Everything else-
Jump to: