MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheap Mods

Go down 
+18
Deacon
Chris
CJTJ
Batjeep09
Maverick1701
jk4me
Hutch
skoalman
JK-fredd0
akonius
comprex
Duke
matthew2000tx
The_Captain
Renee10
CRUX
jkx0778
MudHound
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Cheap Mods - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 8:29 pm

Yeah but not everyone has side markers (or fenders)
Back to top Go down
jk4me
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
jk4me

Number of posts : 53
Rig : 07 jk 4dr
specs. : TERAFLEX 4IN. LIFT AND SHOCKS GOODYEAR WRANGLER MTR 35/12.5/17 arb front air locker 30 spline axle shaft tom woods drive shaft
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 10:02 pm

akonius posted
for 4dr JK'ers...if you have a 4' Firestik II that you remove when not using it...you can place it right on the rear horizontal roll cage bar...the velcro tabs from the bar padding hold both ends of the antenna securely. Sits up and out of the way until you need it.

I JUST HAVE TO SAY YOU ARE A GEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIUS. IT'S LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR THAT SPOT. AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Maverick1701
Jack Twist
Maverick1701

Number of posts : 910
Rig : 1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 6x6
specs. : ITS BIG!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 10:42 pm

subscribing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
Batjeep09
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 143
Rig : 2009 2 Dr JK
specs. : Big tires, scratches, cb, winch, lights, bike rack, more scratches and Batman decals.
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

I put Velcro tape on the back of my iPod shuffle, then stuck it between the AC vents in the dash. The vents keep the sun glare off and I don't need to carry cd's. I bought a cheap aux wire from radio shack and instant "hi-tech" touch screen stereo! Plus when needed it all fits in the console to conceal it.
Back to top Go down
CJTJ
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
CJTJ

Number of posts : 63
Rig : Jeep tj
specs. : Abunch of cheap chrome crap from Autozone
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Extended brake lines   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jan 2012, 1:27 pm

I'm installing a set of front brake lines from a Chevy 1/2 ton on the front of my TJ today. Cheep extensions. $13 each at autozone or @$9 each at Rockauto.com if you can wait. Stock TJ lines @18", Stock Chevy @25" and the next cheepest TJ lines are procomp at @$54 for only @19". I will let y'all know how it goes. Or if anyone else has done this let me know how it worked out.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

Great Ideas!
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jan 2012, 2:20 am

CJTJ wrote:
I'm installing a set of front brake lines from a Chevy 1/2 ton on the front of my TJ today.
How'd that work out?
Back to top Go down
CJTJ
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
CJTJ

Number of posts : 63
Rig : Jeep tj
specs. : Abunch of cheap chrome crap from Autozone
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jan 2012, 10:33 am

Well the place I found the mod at was universityofjeep.com. It went pretty good I think, but I have not flexed it yet, but the hoses went on with very little modification. The hoses from autozone may have been a little different than the ones he used, because on the drivers side there was a high point on the caliper mounting part of the hose that he did not talk about. But if just put two copper washers on that side, 1 old one with the grooving facing the new washer it make a good seal. That was enough to make it over the high point. The other modification was to take a rubber mallet an piece of wood(2x4) and straitened out the second bend on the metal pipe on the caliper mount side of the hose. Oh and on the passenger side I had to grind a hair off the end of the caliper mount side of the hose. Not the grooved part where the washers go but the flat positioning side. Pretty simple and if you do it you will see what I mean when you do it. Sorry I did not take pics, but when I get to working I forget about taking pics and always wish I had.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jan 2012, 6:34 pm

Cool. Sounds like a decent way to go Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkSider
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
DarkSider

Number of posts : 12
Rig : 2012 JK 2-door
specs. : 3.6L Pentastar... Yea. Oh, and 33" BFG MT KM2s on 17" Fuel Boost wheels, and other minor stuffs...
Registration date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 May 2012, 10:58 pm

Mag-light flashlight mount on the side of the driver seat. Maglight makes some plastic snap-in mounts that have 2 holes to screw them down to pretty much anything. I'll post a pic later.
Back to top Go down
Swamprat
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Swamprat

Number of posts : 496
Rig : '03 TJ Rubicon, '56 willys truck, '47 CJ-2A , '53 CJ-3B/blazer
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012, 9:08 am

Here's one for TJ and LJ rubicons... "Locker switch bypass". By installing a simple wire connector you will have the ability to engage your lockers in 2wd, 4hi and of course 4low at any speed... I've found it very useful in 2wd and 4hi at the beach..
Here is the link with the instructions
http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/TJLJmods/Locker_Defeat.htm
Back to top Go down
FastBob
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
FastBob

Number of posts : 56
Rig : 2005 Khaki 2 door Unlimited Rubicon
specs. : not enough :)
Registration date : 2012-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 5:15 pm

I like the locker bypass stuff and the independent wiring of the front and rear lockers Smile Bookmarked for a day in the near future...
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Aug 2012, 4:04 pm

One of the best cheap mods I did to my JK was the addition of some LED map lights. If you put them just above the locker switches, they are not visible during the day. These pics aren't the best but they give you an idea. I had them wired into the dimmer as well.

Cheap Mods - Page 2 006

Cheap Mods - Page 2 008

And here you can see how I attached the lights (I used superglue).
Cheap Mods - Page 2 019
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Mods   Cheap Mods - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Mods
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2