MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Houston Area Gun Meet...

Go down 
+9
CRUX
akonius
justinajeep
skoalman
Hutch
jeeperjennie
The Raven
N2rock
TxRubiRig
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Houston Area Gun Meet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2009, 12:54 am

justinajeep wrote:
....decided to buy a shot gun with a short barrel for home protection and I also bought a extra barrel to go hunting withHouston Area Gun Meet... Photo_10 :soldier:

Looks like a remington 870?? I opted to go with the Mossberg 500a for the home...I haven't even shot it yet, check it out....sw-heet! (changed out holo sight to an Eotech clone and added a tac light to the front end since the pic...and STILL haven't shot it yet! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven )
Houston Area Gun Meet... Mossberg500aSpecOpsw-Reflex-COMPLET
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
justinajeep
Poster child
Poster child
justinajeep

Number of posts : 388
Rig : 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ
specs. : 2" budget lift with rough country shocks
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Shotgun   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2009, 12:21 am

I was thinking about putting a gsg-5 on lay away but decided to buy a shot gun with a short barrel for home protection and I also bought a extra barrel to go hunting withHouston Area Gun Meet... Photo_10 :soldier:
Back to top Go down
http://outlawjeep.webs.com/
justinajeep
Poster child
Poster child
justinajeep

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2009, 12:13 am

akonius wrote:
redneckhouston wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

I am at TAMU this week and about 15 of us are going to shoot after work tomorrow ( rabbit ) I hope my hands don't hurt too much.... will be fun either way.

yall going to champion, on texas ave?

if so could you check out one of the gsg-5's for me.......im thinking about buying one but havent laid hands on one and wonder about its quality

the gsg-5 is a copy of a h&k mp-5 but chambered for .22 lr

hehe...GSG-5 is Niiice! I played with one at the Pasadena gun show a few weeks back...the rifle version. It is pretty solid and has good weight to it - not flimsy in any way at all. I was on the market for a tactical shotgun so I got that instead but if I wasn't...I DEFINATELY would have picked up the GSG-5. Pricing is around $525, but they're getting harder to find in stock... Mp5 is one of my favs so the GSG will eventually find it's way into my hands for sure!

Houston Area Gun Meet... Gsg5rgt

Wow $525 for a gsg-5, you can get one here in Waco for $400 and they have both the rifle and pistol version
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeSat 28 Feb 2009, 9:58 pm

skoalman wrote:
HippyJeepChick wrote:

I just hope I don't shoot better than Steve or he might get mad! LOL J/K

I hate to tell you, but its been my experience that women usually are better shots than men. Especially when learning to wing shoot, women have much better hand/eye coordination. Its just a matter of practice and learning. Most women are taught badly by either a b/f or husband, who usually has a short fuse and does not start with the basics. Its not the womans fault she was not raised with a gun in her hand. Its not her fault that most firearms, from rilfes to handguns, do not fit her correctly. But, if she can get someone to teach her right, correctly, with the right equipment, have patience and do the right thing, you can get a lady that will shoot most guys asses off.
IMHO anyways.

Thats a fact.....
Back to top Go down
Maverick1701
Jack Twist
Maverick1701

Number of posts : 910
Rig : 1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 6x6
specs. : ITS BIG!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeSat 28 Feb 2009, 12:31 pm

TxRubiRig wrote:
Recently there's been more post about guns. So curious, would there be any interest in a lil Jeep gun meet sometime?

This could involve intro to the handgun/rifle (whatever is present), how to shoot the weapon, and how to clean the weapon, etc..

Truthfully, I bring this up for personal reasons. Although I have a .45, I have had no formal training and haven't fired the gun in at least 2 years. I could be wrong, but thought there might be others interested too.

I dunno

definately!! Ben and I LOVE to shoot in fact, I am going to a pistol match later today
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

Number of posts : 525
Rig : Black Unlimited Rubicon
specs. : Starting to add stuff now.....
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeSat 28 Feb 2009, 11:48 am

HippyJeepChick wrote:

I just hope I don't shoot better than Steve or he might get mad! LOL J/K

I hate to tell you, but its been my experience that women usually are better shots than men. Especially when learning to wing shoot, women have much better hand/eye coordination. Its just a matter of practice and learning. Most women are taught badly by either a b/f or husband, who usually has a short fuse and does not start with the basics. Its not the womans fault she was not raised with a gun in her hand. Its not her fault that most firearms, from rilfes to handguns, do not fit her correctly. But, if she can get someone to teach her right, correctly, with the right equipment, have patience and do the right thing, you can get a lady that will shoot most guys asses off.
IMHO anyways.
Back to top Go down
HippyJeepChick
Poster child
Poster child
HippyJeepChick

Number of posts : 283
Rig : 08 Red Rock Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2 1/2 lift, Rugged Ridge Bumper, RockRash LightBar,
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeSat 28 Feb 2009, 10:31 am

13 years ago I knew how to load, clean and shoot a lot of different guns because my ex-boyfriend was a gun fanatic. Pistols, shotguns, AR-15, UZI's, etc..... The list goes on. We would go to every gun show that came to town and he had a collection of over 40 guns. He was also a pyscho-paranoid freak who thought that everyone was out to get him. Not sure why I stayed with him as long as I did. Guess it was because I was young and stupid!!!

We went to the gun range at least twice a month and in between would line up soda cans or water balloons or paper targets and shoot them on our property. I got really good at shooting. However, alot of time has passed and I have forgotten everything I learned. Only thing I haven't forgotten is when the pump action shot-gun jumped out of my hands the first time I shot it. OOPS!

So, this is gonna be cool to get familiar with guns again. I just hope I don't shoot better than Steve or he might get mad! LOL J/K
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hippyjeepchick
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb 2009, 6:35 pm

akonius wrote:
redneckhouston wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

I am at TAMU this week and about 15 of us are going to shoot after work tomorrow ( rabbit ) I hope my hands don't hurt too much.... will be fun either way.

if so could you check out one of the gsg-5's for me.......im thinking about buying one but havent laid hands on one and wonder about its quality

hehe...GSG-5 is Niiice! I played with one at the Pasadena gun show a few weeks back...the rifle version. It is pretty solid and has good weight to it - not flimsy in any way at all. I was on the market for a tactical shotgun so I got that instead but if I wasn't...I DEFINATELY would have picked up the GSG-5. Pricing is around $525, but they're getting harder to find in stock... Mp5 is one of my favs so the GSG will eventually find it's way into my hands for sure!

That is a cool little toy... looks a lot beefier than the .22lrs that is spits out. They have them for $490ish... (cannot remember exactly - too many crown/cokes last night). A bunch of us shot and I couldn't help but shoot that big azz 44 Mag with a 9" barrel that they keep by the front desk.. whoop - Dirty Harry style "your feelin' lucky, punk" I bought a box of rounds and we all shot it.

That GSG5 is very cool. I have a silencer that would look nice on the end of it...... might have to get one with a threaded end on it to go with my hush puppy and ruger 10/22
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009, 8:06 pm

redneckhouston wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

We are headed there tomorrow night. They close at freakin 6pm so we are only going to get about an hour to shoot. They want $200 to keep the place open past 6 so we are going to shoot until 6 then head over to the dry beam saloon and "get our drink on" no telling what after that....

I will check it out for sure!!! I have seen the GSGs but never played with it. I have played with the MP5 and MP10 and I LOVE THOSE GUNS.... wish I had an MP10 for myself....
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009, 2:52 am

redneckhouston wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009, 1:01 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009, 12:23 am

That would be a blast... (literally) My only prob is that I am booked damn near solid for every weekend from now until almost the second week in June... :violinwhack: its all booked with fun stuff like wheeling/diving/vacation/more diving/more wheeling/more diving etc... so I cannot bitch too much. You set a date and I will be there unless something is already scheduled.

I would suggest that you do go shoot before taking the CHL class - not that anyone would have any problem at all with the class - its just nice to not worry about how you are going to shoot.

Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 11:57 pm

Good Idea. The S.A. bunch has been trying to get together for this same thing for some time. One of our local wheeling spots I believe has shooting. I like the idea of a class since many of you are not as familiar with firearms as others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 10:38 pm

all sounds good...primer classes are great - there's always something new to learn. I'm for a instruction meet-up, and then a follow up when everyone's ready to do some shooting. It's a good point - if you pay for the class and then don't qualify when you have to shoot...man, that would suck!
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 10:01 pm

NO, Skoalman...you sir are NOT wrong...my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 9:58 pm

well, if you guys want we an start working on our back stop and maybe do a gun day out here.

Maybe G and Skoalman can do a mini class, I know they are not cert. to do anything but between the two of them I am pretty sure they could teach everyone a thing or two.

G has taught me alot and I'm a pretty good shot I must say.

But it's up to everyone else

As for the CHL class like I said before we are not ready to do that now and wont be till late summer.

Anyhow, also we love to go to the gun range on 290 @ barker cypress

and we also enjoy the indoor range in conroe Shooters Station
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 8:57 pm

TxRubiRig wrote:
akonius wrote:
...you need to know how to use your gun and will have to qualify with it...

Thus the reason for me starting the thread...1 step at a time

Skoalman, to do it right...I think you're on to something...maybe have a couple of meets...1st being a little "classroom" that way if 1 feels that they don't need to got to that then they don't have to...the 2nd would be the shooting

I dunno...or maybe a little class before each meet for a certain time period, then the shooting, so the others that don't want the class could show up afterwards

You are correct sir. Its a mistake to think the CHL Class teaches you or instructs you in any way on how to shoot your handgun, whether it be a pistol or revolver. The actual "classroom" portion teaches you where you can carry, where you cannot carry, force, deadly force, non-violent threat resolution and the like. The range portion consists of: Load your firearm with the proper number of rounds and shoot at the 3 different distances. If you qualify, great. If you don't, TS. You just paid for a class and can't qualify. Come back later. Believe me, you do not want to pay and go to the CHL class without knowing how to shoot, well.
What I thought everyone was interested in was sort of "handgun primer"....where someone with previous or current LE experience.... Very Happy ...or current or previous CHL holders.. Very Happy ...would be able to help out. But, I could be wrong... Smile
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 8:11 pm

akonius wrote:
...you need to know how to use your gun and will have to qualify with it...

Thus the reason for me starting the thread...1 step at a time

Skoalman, to do it right...I think you're on to something...maybe have a couple of meets...1st being a little "classroom" that way if 1 feels that they don't need to got to that then they don't have to...the 2nd would be the shooting

I dunno...or maybe a little class before each meet for a certain time period, then the shooting, so the others that don't want the class could show up afterwards
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 7:25 pm

akonius wrote:

CHL class is $135 and you need to know how to use your gun and will have to qualify with it..

that's a weird thing... The ones I had been looking into do not require you to use your own gun. The others will furnish a gun to those of us that don't currently own a gun. And seeing that Shannon & I don't own any pistols, it would be sorta difficult for us to qualify for the class (unless pointing your finger in the shape of a gun will count lol! )

Most of the other classes also have gun stores. They figure that after a newb takes the course, then he/she can go into their store and buy one.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 5:50 pm

Abso-friggin-lutely! You guys keep comin up with the best ideas! I love shooting and have been looking into the CHL for a while now - I found an indoor range in Houston that does the classes on Saturdays. I was going to go with Zach but if everyone is interested - it'll be much better to go as a group I'm sure - as well as more fun.

Check out the place I was looking into going to - never been there but it looks real nice and aside from the CHL - they have other tactical and training classes that look cool. Let's definately put something together when we can all go in a group. CHL class is $135 and you need to know how to use your gun and will have to qualify with it...check out the site for more info. Also, you need a pistol of .32 cal or higher.

http://www.chlhoustontx.com/Memorial_Shooting_Center,_Houstons_1_Indoor_Gun_Range/Home.html
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 4:02 pm

CHL class- count me & Shannon in. Been considering it for a while. So hell, if we can get a group discount I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
justinajeep
Poster child
Poster child
justinajeep

PostSubject: jeep/gun meet   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 3:26 pm

I'm interested, i'll drive all the way from waco for a jeep/gun meet. I own a 9mm, .38, .40 and a 12ga. and looking at buying a mosein rifle
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 2:36 pm

yeah most of them do some sort of group discounts depending on the # of people.

I know we wont be ready to do it until this summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
skoalman
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
skoalman

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 2:35 pm

IMHO...If we are going to do a "class"....we should probably start out with 3 or 4 hours of classroom instruction at the minimum. This would help out the newbies/rusty folks as well as give the old hands a refresher. After that, you could still stay in the classroom portion and move to EMPTY gun handling and cleaning...basic stuff. No ammo allowed in class. Then, you could move to the actual range/live fire portion.

Or maybe not....just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 2:23 pm

I'd be interested.
I'm also wanting to get my CHL. A guy I work with just did the class Saturday with about 10 of his friends (I was going to join them but had something else to do...)
Anyway, he told me that the instructors were really good and made the class fun. If we can get some people together I will get the instructors number & see if we can get a group discount.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Houston Area Gun Meet...   Houston Area Gun Meet... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Houston Area Gun Meet...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: News & Views :: Thread Graveyard-
Jump to: