MyJEEPforum.com



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 questions on build sheet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
avatar

Number of posts : 473
Age : 44
Location : houston (heights)
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: questions on build sheet   Mon 16 Mar 2009, 2:14 pm

i have been wandering something about my build sheet that i hope someone on here can clear up for me. i have an 08 unlimited sahara and under the standard equipment it lists a dana 44 rear axle with 3.21 axle ratio, then under the optional it lists a 3.73 axle ratio as part of the auto trans option. so do i have a dana 44 rear with a 30 front? how can i tell for myself? Also under the option section it has a trac-lok limited slip diff, so whats the difference i thought all cars had limited slip diffs? if i plan on getting lockers do i only need to get one for the front? thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
avatar

Number of posts : 3056
Age : 52
Location : Sugar Land, TX
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Mon 16 Mar 2009, 2:51 pm

goldenboy wrote:
i have been wandering something about my build sheet that i hope someone on here can clear up for me. i have an 08 unlimited sahara and under the standard equipment it lists a dana 44 rear axle with 3.21 axle ratio, then under the optional it lists a 3.73 axle ratio as part of the auto trans option. so do i have a dana 44 rear with a 30 front? how can i tell for myself? Also under the option section it has a trac-lok limited slip diff, so whats the difference i thought all cars had limited slip diffs? if i plan on getting lockers do i only need to get one for the front? thanks.

All X and Sahara models have D44 rear, D30 front (Rubi's have D44 front & rear). (except some of the early '07 models but we won't get into that). In your case, yes you have D44 rear, D30 front.


Limited Slip Diff (LSD) is a pseudo locker- when one wheel spins faster than the other wheel, the spinning causes the diff to "lock" giving you a locker. It's not as good as lockers and it is not selectable like true lockers, but better than being totally open/no locker. If you plan on lockers, I would get the front first. And then worry about the rear later. The LSD in the rear will work fine, just not as good as a real locker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://n2rock.com
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
avatar

Number of posts : 2345
Age : 43
Location : San Antonio
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Mon 16 Mar 2009, 3:14 pm

and btw, if you have an auto you have 3.73gears
Back to top Go down
View user profile
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
avatar

Number of posts : 3056
Age : 52
Location : Sugar Land, TX
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Mon 16 Mar 2009, 3:19 pm

jonsjeep wrote:
and btw, if you have an auto you have 3.73gears

Except '07's - we got 4.10's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://n2rock.com
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
avatar

Number of posts : 1323
Age : 27
Location : San Antonio, TX
Rig : 97 TJ
specs. : Part TJ, Part JK, Part CJ, Part K30.....The hell?
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Mon 16 Mar 2009, 4:21 pm

Yea but If your like me and got one of the bastard 07 Xs you have a 35 in the rear BUT i still had 4.10s before i swaped out the axles

_________________
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket. . . .I'm broke!!! "GOT DISCO'S?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
avatar

Number of posts : 473
Age : 44
Location : houston (heights)
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Tue 17 Mar 2009, 12:15 am

thanks for the info. glad to know i have the lower gear, i was worried about going to a bigger tire with the 3.21 or if i got a hitch for towing. so is it worth it to invest in a 44 front end? i was thinking about trying to find a used set of rubicon axles with the lockers. but still not sure if i should just get a locker for the front? then again who knows when that will happen. i have been trying to get a order of priority list together but i don't even know where to begin. way too many things on the wish list. if you coud do only one mod and money wasn't the issue what would you do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
avatar

Number of posts : 1161
Location : hempstead, tx
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Tue 17 Mar 2009, 12:49 am

goldenboy wrote:
if you coud do only one mod and money wasn't the issue what would you do?


6.1 hemi

_________________
ITS HIP TO BE SQUARE

[embed-flash(width,height)]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
avatar

Number of posts : 3056
Age : 52
Location : Sugar Land, TX
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Tue 17 Mar 2009, 8:07 am

goldenboy wrote:
i was thinking about trying to find a used set of rubicon axles with the lockers. ?

Good luck finding those- I've been looking for months. Last year they were selling NEW for $1200 rear, $1500 front (that's complete disc to disc). Then in November Mopar up the price to $1900 rear, $3000 front!!! Since then, everyone has started holding on to them, and the few used ones that have hit the market have been over priced. I'm keeping my eye open for used ones at a reasonable price. But not having much luck.

I recommend changing the front shafts to Chromoly shafts (I've seen George and Paul break the stock front shafts numerous times). After that, aftermarket lockers front and rear. I've already changed my front shafts to chromoly. And am starting to look at lockers since I'm having no luck finding Rubi axles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://n2rock.com
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
avatar

Number of posts : 473
Age : 44
Location : houston (heights)
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Tue 17 Mar 2009, 8:43 am

N2rock wrote:
Good luck finding those- I've been looking for months. Last year they were selling NEW for $1200 rear, $1500 front (that's complete disc to disc). Then in November Mopar up the price to $1900 rear, $3000 front!!! Since then, everyone has started holding on to them, and the few used ones that have hit the market have been over priced. I'm keeping my eye open for used ones at a reasonable price. But not having much luck.

are there any junk yards in houston that specialize in jeeps? this
could be good junk yard find. not sure why but i love walking though
junk yards, you never know what you'll find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
avatar

Number of posts : 2345
Age : 43
Location : San Antonio
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Tue 17 Mar 2009, 9:49 am

someone on the JK owner's forum is selling his Dana 44 for 1500. jump on it!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
avatar

Number of posts : 3056
Age : 52
Location : Sugar Land, TX
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Tue 17 Mar 2009, 9:49 am

goldenboy wrote:

are there any junk yards in houston that specialize in jeeps? this
could be good junk yard find. not sure why but i love walking though
junk yards, you never know what you'll find.

I don't know... But I'm not sure I would trust an axle like that. I mean if a JK was in a serious enough accident for it to be totalled- remember, insurance companies won't total a vehicle unless the damage is more than 60% of the value, and the value of JK's is still pretty high. So if there was enough damage to total it, I would be concerned that the axle had to have taken some sort of hit/damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://n2rock.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
avatar

Number of posts : 3056
Age : 52
Location : Sugar Land, TX
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   Tue 17 Mar 2009, 9:52 am

jonsjeep wrote:
someone on the JK owner's forum is selling his Dana 44 for 1500. jump on it!!!!

If you're talking about Convict selling his rear for $1200... I've already talked to him- he's in Canada. Shipping was $600 plus duties. At that price it makes more sense to just buy a new one.

If you're talking about a front for $1500, please give me a link because I don't see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://n2rock.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: questions on build sheet   

Back to top Go down
 
questions on build sheet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Build Sheet
» 1977 Orig Documents And Build Sheet--pics
» 1970 LS6 convt read deal # match 100 point trade - $200000 (peoria, ca.)
» how many 1974 laguna 454 4spd cars where made ?
» 1965 Ford Custom 500

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Stock Options-
Jump to: