MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gorilla nuts

Go down 
+5
xxXJohnny
N2rock
rohantmh
CRUX
terrahawk
9 posters
AuthorMessage
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 4:54 pm

Worth the money?
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 4:57 pm

yup...... if you like gorilla nuts
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 5:03 pm

The gorilla probably thinks so... 🍌
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 5:05 pm

It's probably G in a Gorilla suit.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 5:05 pm

I have a set on mine.

Last year when I went to install my RR lift, I lost the key. I called Discount Tire and the manager told me they can get any lock off. I reminded him it was a Gorilla lock, and he repeated they can get any lock off.

Went down to Discount and they went at it. 45 minutes later he tells me that they had tried everything they could, and nothing worked. The only option he had left was to break the lug. (nope, not gonna do that)

I called Gorilla and gave them my security code. They Fedex'd me a new key that day.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 5:43 pm

Thanks Stevo, the new wheels aren't cheap, so I want all the protection I can get.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 5:53 pm

terrahawk wrote:
Thanks Stevo, the new wheels aren't cheap, so I want all the protection I can get.

Yup- when I plopped down nearly $2k for wheels and KM2's, I wanted to protect them. So I have one Gorilla on each wheel, and the remaining nuts all require a special socket. Those other nuts can all be defeated pretty easily just by hammering a normal socket on to them. The Gorilla- good luck getting that thing off quickly

But the point is to make things as difficult as possible.
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 7:16 pm

yeah and the gorillas come in a set of 5 got them on mine too
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 10:56 pm

I just have the single gorilla on each wheel and that will do fine. Besides, I'm never too far from my jeep.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 1:03 am

I didn't realize the normal locking nuts were that easy to pull off. Where do you buy these Gorilla lug nuts? I never heard of them before. How much do they cost?
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 2:54 am

N2rock wrote:
terrahawk wrote:

Yup- when I plopped down nearly $2k for wheels and KM2's, I wanted to protect them. So I have one Gorilla on each wheel, and the remaining nuts all require a special socket. Those other nuts can all be defeated pretty easily just by hammering a normal socket on to them. The Gorilla- good luck getting that thing off quickly

But the point is to make things as difficult as possible.

yea, but i have proven over and over i can remove ANY lock....given my shop and some time
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 8:01 am

redneckhouston wrote:

yea, but i have proven over and over i can remove ANY lock....given my shop and some time

Yup... But thieves don't typically carry that many tools lol!
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 8:03 am

Bizarro wrote:
I didn't realize the normal locking nuts were that easy to pull off. Where do you buy these Gorilla lug nuts? I never heard of them before. How much do they cost?

Oh yeah, regular lug locks can usually be removed simply by hammering a socket on to them.

Just google Gorilla locks, I'm sure you'll find them. Someone here will need to tell you which size to get- It's been so long since I got mine that I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 9:15 am

Yea thats why I asked. I found their website but no prices were listed, just a catalog of parts. There seems to be many different styles as well as sizes. So someone give as much detail as possible. Thread size? Overall Lenght (1.5 or 2.0 inch)? What are they actually called... Gorilla Guard Locks, Gorilla Guard II, Gorilla Lug nuts? I see some sold individual from SummitRacing and some sold in packs of 4 or 20.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 9:36 am

1/2"
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:03 am

Bizarro wrote:
Yea thats why I asked. I found their website but no prices were listed, just a catalog of parts. There seems to be many different styles as well as sizes. So someone give as much detail as possible. Thread size? Overall Lenght (1.5 or 2.0 inch)? What are they actually called... Gorilla Guard Locks, Gorilla Guard II, Gorilla Lug nuts? I see some sold individual from SummitRacing and some sold in packs of 4 or 20.

The ones I have are the "Gorilla Guard Lock"- look on the left side of this page: http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla.locks - it has an outer sleeve that spins freely. This prevents anyone from smashing a socket on or grabbing with a pair of vise grips. As George and I found out (on Shannon's JK) there is only 2 possible ways to remove them without the key- one is to cut the outer sleeve off with a dremel which is a slow PITA process. The other is would be to weld the outer sleeve to the inner nut and then weld something to the outer sleeve. Obviously not many thieves have the tools and time for either of those.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:35 am

The gorilla guard was the one I assumed was the best. I am searching for them now.

just curious but if a thief hammered on a socket is it stuck there on that nut or would he be able to use it again for the other lugs? I can't imagine someone bringing 20 sockets of the same correct size to steal all the tires (23 including the spare).
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:43 am

Bizarro wrote:
The gorilla guard was the one I assumed was the best. I am searching for them now.

just curious but if a thief hammered on a socket is it stuck there on that nut or would he be able to use it again for the other lugs? I can't imagine someone bringing 20 sockets of the same correct size to steal all the tires (23 including the spare).

I've never stolen any... But I would guess it would be fairly simple to just knock the nut out of the socket and move to the next nut.
Back to top Go down
Educated Redneck
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Educated Redneck

Number of posts : 63
Rig : 2007 Wrangler X Unlimited 4 door
specs. : 2.5" lift, Custom Roof Rack and some extras!
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 11:30 am

Awwwww....NUTS!!!
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 6:22 pm

You guys are going at it all wrong. Just take a 18-24v sawzall and some long high speed metal cutting blades. Then just go to town on the axles and peripherals lol!
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 2:36 pm

Anyone have a link to where I can find a set of 5 gorilla guard lug nuts?

ignore this... I called them direct and they said Discount Tire could special order them. They said Nobody carried them in stores. I don't know about online stores. (4 pack only tho)
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 3:25 pm

Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 3:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gorilla nuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla nuts   Gorilla nuts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gorilla nuts
Page 1 of 1