MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alright Dammit!!!!

Go down 
+8
The Raven
jeeperjennie
JK-fredd0
terrahawk
redneckhouston
CRUX
TxCrawler
Mr.RonGilbert
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:02 pm

Do I need a Rubicon?

You f'ers have me wanting a rubi now.... I like the idea of push button lockers / sway disco and the 44 up front.... plus the creature comforts...

I believe that I can get everything off of mine with a little work... those freaking sliders are gonna have to stay though. I played hell getting the bolts on and don't see me getting them off without a fight. The front bump is going to be a byotch too.

Geo - what would it take to get 37s under there? I have a 4" pro comp on mine right now and wonder if I should get something different so the 37s will fit....

IF (I am about 50/50 right now) I go with a Rubi what else needs to be beefed up? Just the drive shaft and axles? Would I still have to regear for the 37s....

Or do I need to quit with the second guessing, stick with the X and continue the build?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:04 pm

And Raven..... you started this mess so you can explain why I need one of these to my wife Shocked
Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:07 pm

I would stay with the X and continue the build.. get some chromo axles, through in some aussie lockers and you will be good to go....

If I was starting all over again, I would find me a used 2 wheel drive and go from there, find me a 60 front, shaved 14 bolt in the rear, atlas or stak T-case, 5" lift and 40's. It would have been a lot cheaper in the long run...
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:29 pm

Come to the dark side. "These are not the X's that you are looking for".
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 11:01 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
Do I need a Rubicon?

You f'ers have me wanting a rubi now.... I like the idea of push button lockers / sway disco and the 44 up front.... plus the creature comforts...

I believe that I can get everything off of mine with a little work... those freaking sliders are gonna have to stay though. I played hell getting the bolts on and don't see me getting them off without a fight. The front bump is going to be a byotch too.

Geo - what would it take to get 37s under there? I have a 4" pro comp on mine right now and wonder if I should get something different so the 37s will fit....

IF (I am about 50/50 right now) I go with a Rubi what else needs to be beefed up? Just the drive shaft and axles? Would I still have to regear for the 37s....

Or do I need to quit with the second guessing, stick with the X and continue the build?

"putting my flame suit on"

what the hell is with all this Rubi envy this week??..........or is it new jeep envy????

hmmmm..........i'll take the positive equity i have in my junk and just keep building...

lets see if i can do the math........you will not...i repaet NOT leave the dealer owing less than what you owe now

you want 37's????? get red label krawlers go buy them they will fit...........if they dont i have a sawzall.....

your going to break lots of shit with 37's consider alloy shafts front and rear required reading for this class

the rubi has stronger axles, yes, but if you get a rubi, you will soon be wanting 40's because the axles might be able to handle it..........and then you will be breaking rubi axles

how bout this,..........keep your x models put 37's on them.......add alloys, regear for the big tires, add aussie lockers so the weak side gears dont kill everything and so i dont have to yell at you to turn on your lockers and wheel it till it breaks

then buy real axles.....................you would do all of this with a rubi anyhow.......

oorrrrr.....................buy rubi.......install 37's........regear it..............break it ............go buy real axles anyhow
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 11:19 pm

Damn, I knew I made a mistake...guess I should have penis envy. My Jeep sucks, I think I will find a corner to go cry in...
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 11:35 pm

Ok... so out of all that ranting... I will go with this:

"keep your x model put 37's on them.......add alloys, regear for the big tires, add aussie lockers so the weak side gears dont kill everything and so i dont have to yell at you to turn on your lockers and wheel it till it breaks"

Your flames are getting weak... go spend more time on Pirate... and I am gonna tell on you if you hurt my feelings!! :rasberry:

its not so much rubi envy more than it is lockers, D44 front, sway disco ect ect.... and perhaps a little new jeep envy too ---> only because it seems as if they are dealing on them right now.

I probably need to be byotch slapped anyway.... already halfway there with the x.. just need chromos, aussie up front arb in the back... RROR corners with the ORO lights.... 37s with beadlocks... skids... yadda yadda...

terrahawk wrote:
Damn, I knew I made a mistake...guess I should have penis envy. My Jeep sucks, I think I will find a corner to go cry in...

I expect better from you... that was weak. tongue

Thanks for the posts!
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 11:47 pm

LOL
Don't do it man, back away from the cliff. Timmah ain't got no Rubican't and hopped over everthing that YJ got pointed at.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 11:50 pm

It was weak. You're losing your touch G. We need another new chapter leader to chime in about Rubi envy....That'l get him going. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 11:52 pm

Next thing you know Steve is going to want Toads strap on!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=2009040216044774
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 12:07 am

meh, i gots no lockers and i can get out and pull a disco pin... and i didn't get stuck at trees... maybe i didn't run anything too hard though. it was my first time, so beginner's luck may have been a factor too.

I
think it is the mad skillz i have obtained by driving cars around a dealership and on ramps for the last 7 years afro
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 6:53 am

OMFG....what is wrong with all you little cry baby whining ass boys ?

Ok let me break it down for you, (mumbling) since it takes a girl to flame someone right!

OK Ron......

What you get when you buy a new Rubicon

5 17 inch wheels....you just paid 1000.00 for them but will sell them on craigslist for 200.00

5 L7 255/75R17 offroad tires.......you just paid 800.00 for them and will sell them on craigslist for 200.00

Towing Group........you just paid 270.00 for it and you could have bought one from someone on My Jeep forum for 100.00

Rubi Rails....you just paid 395.00 for them...wait you didn't need them you just bought a set in January you dunb ass!

Tru Lok elect. Locking rear diff....750.00 ....wow your a smart guy

Front Locker.....750.00....hey jody how much did you pay for your lockers?

4.10 gears.....I'm not even gonna say what you just paid for those puppy's but guess what I have two extra sets here at the house looking for a new home!!!!!

Oh and you got a fancy bumper with fog lights in it....what a shame you just bought a new front bumper and I thought it looked pretty good!

Don't for get another destination charge of 750.00....looks like you like paying for things twice!!!!!

I bet you like doing things twice too....lets install another lift....yeah!!!!!!!

Awwwww better axles......bet you paid a pretty penny for that...

OK don't shoot me but I had to go here..........

Elect Front sway bar disco......wow you really have spent too much time on the force......you can't even put the donut down long enough to climb under your Jeep and disconnect it.....Damn put the Freakin donut down and get dirty!!!!!!!!!!

I would not buy a Rubi to save my life !!!!!!! I would rather buy a bone stock X and build it the way I want it.....

Hope I did not offend ya Ron...Awww who am I kidding....I'd kick your ass if you bought a Rubi.

Now was that a weak Flame??????????????????
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
The Raven
Poster child
Poster child
The Raven

Number of posts : 313
Rig : 09 X ulimited **1/2 doors**
specs. : 2.5" TF BB 35" KM
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 7:47 am

wow, Jennie's that was good. i think i can smell the burt ashes of George's flame suit, that and a hint of burned donoughts.

you don't need the rubi, mainly because i know you would go for the blk 1/2 door one.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 7:49 am

No that was actually pretty impressive.

I guess that I am getting a little impatient on the build because it takes time to do it right (unless you have too many $$$$s). One think I didn't like about the Trees run was the "that trail is too tough for you without lockers etc.... That shit happened twice and several of us got to sit on our nuts while the rest went and played. I do realize that there is always going to be a heap that is bigger and a trail that is too tough (or for sure gonna break something).

I just needed a reality check to get me steered in the right direction. I actually expected the flame so it doesn't hurt as much as asking about chitty gas mileage or why is my speedo off after installing a 4" lift.......

And for the record I wouldn't drop the donut. I would either finish it, share it with a state trooper or place it down gently on a folded up paper towel!
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 7:55 am

lol....

Well, you are right about one thing ...there will always be a bigger hill, and the more built you are the more you want to try and the more Chit you break.

Look at my Heep....Installed 4.88's on Friday broke them on saturday....yes a rear locker prob would have helped us up that waterfall but..............

then we would have tried something harder and harder and snap...would go the shafts, or boom would have gone the possi....like it did.

bigger and better means more breaks, I have been down that road oh too many times, whith the race cars, the race trucks, now the Jeeps.....The grass is always greener on the other side but, is the check book always ready for you to try that greener grass?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 7:59 am

terrahawk wrote:
Next thing you know Steve is going to want Toads strap on!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=2009040216044774

Whoa... How the hell did my name get dragged into this? Shit- I just ordered an Aussie for my front, and I'm still eye-balling an ARB for the rear (damn thing is a lot of coin).

Don't go draggin me into this! I'm building my X!

Last edited by N2rock on Fri 03 Apr 2009, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 8:00 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
One think I didn't like about the Trees run was the "that trail is too tough for you without lockers etc.... That shit happened twice and several of us got to sit on our nuts while the rest went and played.

And remember, once when you and I were just sitting there we started talking about Aussie's and ARB's. Well... Get off that fence, pick up the phone and order them!
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 9:15 am

Quote :
One think I didn't like about the Trees run was the "that trail is too tough for you without lockers etc....

nah, that trail guy Steve was just an asshat. We should have probably told him to go pound sand and let those that wanted to try things just do it. Nothing wrong with a Rubicaon, but you have already started building yours and it would be going backawards to trade it in...besides, those factory lockers have a reputation. Even the Jeep confucious scrapped his in the rear because the damn thing broke too much. Church just did what he wanted and handled it fine save one spot i told him to skip, but it was a ground clearance issue...had nothing to do with lockers.

And Steve, I was just trying to break up the noise a bit. IPE has made some funny ass movies and i wante to share them LOL.
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 9:55 am

right now - if i was buying another jeep and NOT trading anything in, i would do this.

find the cheapest 2009 2wd X unlimited model (auto for me). take the $7000 or whatever the discount is and have them cut me a check back for that amount. finance the thing at 0% for 36 months (about 700/mo).

with the $7000 i would get an atlas, build a front and rear d44, and driveshafts... that would be a good jeep for $25000
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 10:17 am

Man, I can't imagine trading my heap in and starting over. It's beeing built slowly, but surely and is definitely a reflection of my personality (if you know me this is evident). Some decisions have been re-thought, like wheels, but I have no regrets.

I imagine I will eventually put 60's under there if I start breaking my big boy Currie axle shafts. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 12:07 pm

What's all this about new rubicon's, penis envy and shit like that.
I went into the dealership the other day to upgrade my maps for the Navi of my Mygig. To many new neighborhoods in San Antonio and my navi doesn't even see them. So it made sense to me at the time to trade in the Sahara. But heck, I am from backwoods Amsterdam, they took advantage of this innocent little foreigner. lol!

Are you telling me they trew in lockers, dana44 and a Rubicon hood sticker for free?

Wow, I must of gotten a good deal. 🤣
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 1:05 pm

As a Rubi owner, here's my .2 cents:

Ya want a Rubi, do as I did and purchase it 2nd hand. I got it 6 months old with 4k miles on it and saved a hell of a lot.

Do I like my Rubi, HELL YES, I love it.

After seeing others posts about new Jeeps, the thought crossed my mind to trade. But hell, I'ld lose so much $$$. But, IF I was going to buy a new Wrangler...it would be the lest built X I could find. Shit, I wouldn't even buy a new one. I would find the oldest one out there with the most miles on it and buy it (assuming all the mechanical shit worked). Actuall I'ld probably try and find the best salvaged titled one I could. Then build it up.

One lil complaint I have with my Rubi...yes the push button elect sway bar is nice BUT one can get more flex from a manual disco.

Your Jeep, You $$$, Do as you wish. BUT, Ron ya got a nice "pretty" (lol) ride there already.

Thats just me.

...I too would like factory half doors, but only part time, for reasons already mentioned. Hmmm, maybe Raven and I could work something out...lol...sry G
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 2:13 pm

Maybe a door exchange program can be worked out.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 3:24 pm

I am back on track. Aussies, chromos, gears and such are in the works.

And it is all N2s fault! ( not really but wanted to drag him in anyway)

Now since we are focused on building an X is there an advantage of a mechanical locker over an air locker..... Seems as if pulling a lever is as sure as it gets vs an air tank etc......

I am new so edjucamate me.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 3:42 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
I am back on track. Aussies, chromos, gears and such are in the works.

And it is all N2s fault! ( not really but wanted to drag him in anyway)

Now since we are focused on building an X is there an advantage of a mechanical locker over an air locker..... Seems as if pulling a lever is as sure as it gets vs an air tank etc......

I am new so edjucamate me.

Is there a mechanical locker for the JK?

Geo suggested an Ox for me, but I can't find one for the JK. I emailed Northridge (they have on listed on their website for the JK D30, but not one for the JK D44). He replied saying that as far as he knew there was not one available for the JK D44.

Any other options I should be considering?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alright Dammit!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright Dammit!!!!   Alright Dammit!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alright Dammit!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next