MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Empty
PostSubject: Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!   Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 11:37 am

Oh well...after getting under the Jeep to see the aftermath of K-Rocks - all in all, there really wasn't anything that bad (I thought it'd of been worse!), but one thing I noticed is that my driver rear control arm i slightly bent from a hit. That has to be the reason I'm pulling to the driver side (I thought it was just a mis-alignment from all the bumps)...Also, got a nice BIG dent in my gas tank skid plate and frame cross-member. And it looks like the 'ol Steering Stabilizer is now leaking - I think Mr. RG's PPerf fix is the way to go...!

If anyone has any stock rear control arms they wanna unload - give me a shout!!

Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Krocksscrapes3
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!   Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 12:00 pm

I just noticed yesterday that my Tie rod is bent, I would upgrade, but I'll be tossing in a 60 some time in the future. So I will try to straighten it for now.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!   Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 12:08 pm

I'm betting you bent that control arm on the first climb (Waterfall trail). IIRC, you hit hard on the drivers side control arm going up that waterfall. I'll have to go back and look at the video again.

As far as steering stabilizer goes. When my stock one started leaking, I bought the cheapest one I could find- Skyjacker ($43 at quadratec). And it has been fine ever since. So it doesn't matter which one you get IMHO, cheap is fine in this case. More importantly though is to relocate it. Once it is relocated, it is far less likely to take any hit. I have the Woods relocation bracket: http://www.jeepswag.com/#Jeep_JK_Steering_Stabilizer_Relocation_Kit which is $30. So for approx $80 you can have a new relocated stabilizer and probably never have to worry about it again.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!   Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 12:23 pm

George has some stock control arms. Jeff, I may be upgrading so mine might be available soon.
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!   Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 1:30 pm

N2rock wrote:
I'm betting you bent that control arm on the first climb (Waterfall trail). IIRC, you hit hard on the drivers side control arm going up that waterfall. I'll have to go back and look at the video again.

As far as steering stabilizer goes. When my stock one started leaking, I bought the cheapest one I could find- Skyjacker ($43 at quadratec). And it has been fine ever since. So it doesn't matter which one you get IMHO, cheap is fine in this case. More importantly though is to relocate it. Once it is relocated, it is far less likely to take any hit. I have the Woods relocation bracket: http://www.jeepswag.com/#Jeep_JK_Steering_Stabilizer_Relocation_Kit which is $30. So for approx $80 you can have a new relocated stabilizer and probably never have to worry about it again.

i actually got the woods ss but never upgraded the stabilizer itself...so it prob would have been worse if i didnt have the woods. the shock didnt take a hit but it seems to be leaking at the piston. prob change out with something that will work with the woods i have installed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!   Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 1:35 pm

TxCrawler wrote:
I just noticed yesterday that my Tie rod is bent, I would upgrade, but I'll be tossing in a 60 some time in the future. So I will try to straighten it for now.

You can buy an OEM replacement from Quadratec for $60 if needed.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!   Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 1:52 pm

akonius wrote:

i actually got the woods ss but never upgraded the stabilizer itself...so it prob would have been worse if i didnt have the woods. the shock didnt take a hit but it seems to be leaking at the piston. prob change out with something that will work with the woods i have installed.

Wow! My stocker started leaking in less than a year. And it never took any hits- just a POS.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!   Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Katemcy: now I know why I'm pulling to one side!
Page 1 of 1