MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Jeepin Way part 2

Go down 
+14
bob_prtda
akonius
jdub
Hutch
Mr.RonGilbert
jonsjeep
JK_JOE
terrahawk
CRUX
Dutchboy101
jkx0778
TxRubiRig
N2rock
jeeperjennie
18 posters
AuthorMessage
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

The Jeepin Way part 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 3:37 am

Today George and I were driving home from Katy and noticed a bad clunk coming from the front wheel then the breaks seemed tight then loose, with each stop we made it got worse to the point where we were scared to drive any further. So we pulled into a little league baseball fields parking lot and took apart the Heep.

The Jeepin Way part 2 DSC_1941

George thought it might be the unit bearing, good luck for us we just happened to have one in the back as well as all the tools to fix it.

Mind You Our Outside Temp. Gauge was reading 101 deg. we had nothing to drink and no shade!

George gets the heep taken apart and guess what we find.

The caliper bolt have somehow broken and come out, which knocked the caliper loose threw the weights on the tire rubbed bad gouges in the inner wheel .

George digs around in his tool boxes for a bolt

The Jeepin Way part 2 DSC_1947

We had every thing to fix any problem you would normally have but no bolt to fix this problem. so he had to call for a life line!

He called around and finally got in touch with Jody, so finally Jody is to the rescue.

Now mind you Jody works almost down town and we are just north of Katy and Jody had to call around for a bolt, he could not find one anywhere so he went home and stole one off of his Jeep!

What a Guy!

So time fly's so slowly when your sitting in a hot ass parking lot, I can not tell you how many people drove in and out of that parking lot and did not offer help or even check to see if we were OK. We sat there for almost 2 hours

And then this AssHole Drove by checked out the Jeep and parked his POS and did not even check to see if we needed anything. When his sons game was over he packed up and left driving by us again not lending any help.

The Jeepin Way part 2 Ajackass

so if you see this Asshole broke down somewhere throw his ass the bird and drive on.

But................. if you ever see this guy on the side of the road (next photo)

The Jeepin Way part 2 DSC_6481

please stop and give him a lending hand cause he is a stand up guy who will do anything for his friends as well as other Jeepers!

Jody Thanks again For all your help, you are a true Friend and we are so glad we met you!

Here is a pic of the Jeep put back together and the guys and Spike taking a breather!

The Jeepin Way part 2 DSC_1998
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:16 am

Jody is da man!

Sorry I missed your call Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:29 am

glad ya'll were able to get it fixed...sry i wasn't closer
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 12:31 pm

glad you got fixed up and nothing serious (i.e., accident) happend.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:27 pm

Glad you guy's got it all worked out.

Jody, what happened to your fenders?
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 4:33 pm

Hats off Jody!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 5:09 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
Glad you guy's got it all worked out.

Jody, what happened to your fenders?

The stock ones? I gave them to Tony.
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 5:15 pm

Good Karma does make its way back around every once in a while.

Glad everyone is safe.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 6:43 pm

could've swiped one of his caliper bolts for not being jeep friendly... :mischieviousbi
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 7:27 pm

jonsjeep wrote:
could've swiped one of his caliper bolts for not being jeep friendly... :mischieviousbi

lol!

That would have been karma like a mo-fo!!!!

Nice job J!!!

Sorry about the trouble Geo and Co
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:03 pm

Glad yall got it all fixed up. Like I said before, good people around here.
Back to top Go down
jdub
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
jdub

Number of posts : 137
Rig : 1995 YJ
specs. : Rear 9in Front dana 44 38 super swampers 5:13 front and rear, custom cage,beadlocks,winch,7inch stretch in the rear and 5 in the front,etc.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: broke down   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:08 pm

wish you had my number i am in houston this week i would have been more than happy to help.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 10:17 pm

haha I never thought about jacking his bolt, lol

now that would have been funny.

Steve, that's OK you were at work anyhow, heck everyone was at work except Jody...lol

jdub yes we need to swap #'s sometime that way if you ever need us when we are in your area or if we ever need you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 11:31 pm

It wouldn't have taken me 2 hours to get there!

I don't work any way, I just let my wife make me a living Wink

Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 12:08 am

lol that's funny...it didn't take Jody that long to get there, but by time we got in touch with him an hour had gone by.

he got there pretty quick. it only took him about an hour and a half to get from the gym to home take the bolt from his Jeep then get to us. Which was not bad during rush hour traffic
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 12:42 am

Brother...next time give me a buzz!! I coulda been there pretty quick as I'm already in Katy and I think I know where that ball field was. If anything, I could have shuttled you all in AC to a Home Depot or something for the parts you needed. Sorry you had troubles in this heat...wish I coulda helped out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
bob_prtda
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
bob_prtda

Number of posts : 78
Rig : 81 CJ5
specs. : Stock, but working my way up
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 4:14 pm

People who just drive jeeps should get their jeeps repoed, so they can go to responsible jeep owners. Glad everything worked out.
Back to top Go down
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 4:37 pm

If anyone is ever around Temple and needs some help give me a call. (254)654-1186. I am not mechanically incline, but I have a trailer I can get my hands on in a worst case scenario.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 4:44 pm

akonius wrote:
Brother...next time give me a buzz!! I coulda been there pretty quick as I'm already in Katy and I think I know where that ball field was. If anything, I could have shuttled you all in AC to a Home Depot or something for the parts you needed. Sorry you had troubles in this heat...wish I coulda helped out.

I was actually dialing your # when Jody called us back, and I hated to bother you at work.
Back to top Go down
The Raven
Poster child
Poster child
The Raven

Number of posts : 313
Rig : 09 X ulimited **1/2 doors**
specs. : 2.5" TF BB 35" KM
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 5:25 pm

you know i'm down here in katy area too, and i can cover tomball after hours. don't know much of katy passed Fry rd but i gotta map. glad ya'll got fixed up. sux you had to sit out in the heat.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:24 pm

I don't think any of you guys are down here in the clear lake area. But today I saw 2 jeeps on the side of a gas station with their doors open and people walking around. I pulled up to see if they needed anything but it was a false alarm. They were just airing up a low tire.
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:09 pm

Bizarro wrote:
I don't think any of you guys are down here in the clear lake area. But today I saw 2 jeeps on the side of a gas station with their doors open and people walking around. I pulled up to see if they needed anything but it was a false alarm. They were just airing up a low tire.

...least you inquired, you get points for that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
landshark
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
landshark

Number of posts : 42
Rig : 07 Rubicon
specs. : bunch-o-stuff
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009, 4:36 pm

not sure if you have my # either but I live and work in the Katy area as well. you can call me anytime if/when your in dire straits, or not so dire. 281-851-9491
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jeepin Way part 2   The Jeepin Way part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Jeepin Way part 2
Page 1 of 1