MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier

Go down 
+11
jonsjeep
terrahawk
bob_prtda
rohantmh
jeff.lyon3
CRUX
N2rock
martij3
..::Ryan::..
Deacon
Mr.RonGilbert
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Empty
PostSubject: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 6:06 pm

After much anticipation the new Shrockworks full width rear bumper / tire carrier arrived. Very well packaged. Installation was not too bad but an extra set of hands is nice to have.

This will not be much of a "how to" :teacher: due to not having a decent camera available, all I had was my phone so just before / after pics. :agreed:

The instructions had quite a few holes, most of it was there but there could have been a few more details in order to avoid some aggravation.

The bumper install was very simple - getting the old one off was as easy as removing the small handful of mounting bolts and tossing that POS to the curb. You will also need to remove the stock mounting bracket. The instructions for the bumper install were very easy to follow. You have to install the lights before you mount the bumper or you will have to take it off in order to get to them. There is also a square bushing that sits under the latch that is best installed before mounting the bumper for the same reason as the lights.

Mounting the tire swing was very simple. I gave everything some red threadlock and managed to get a bunch on myself as usual....

The part that was a PITA was the jerry can mounts and rubi rack. There were no instructions for the rack but easy enough to figure out with a little thinking. One point of advice would be to get all the bolts started but don't tighten anything to make sure that you can align everything and in case you need to move something. If you are going to only use the jerry can mounts then you can use any of the holes on the diagonal beams, making a tight fit against the tire. If you are going to use the rubi rack then the jerry can mounts must go in the lower most holes. Added some threadlock to all the bolts on the can mounts and rubi rack as well.

Another thing to note is that this thing is very heavy. The bumper/swing is about 200#, add in the wheel and tire (17" 35s), the can mounts and rubi rack are another 50# then add in the jerry cans and fuel, Hi-Lift... then whatever you put in the rubi rack. Not sure how much lift I will lose due to droop... we shall see.

Shrock gets an A+ for design and quality, worth the wait. The instructions get a C....

Before:
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier P6271806

After:
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier 042
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier 030
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier 044
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier 046
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier 048

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert on Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 6:24 pm

Nice. It's like your Jeep's ass grew half another Jeep Smile

What top is that you've got there?
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 6:37 pm

That looks BAD ASS
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 6:47 pm

Deacon wrote:
Nice. It's like your Jeep's ass grew half another Jeep Smile

What top is that you've got there?
Off Road Heroes... its the trek "mode" of the combo top.

http://www.offroadheros.com/softtop4_combo.html

..::Ryan::.. wrote:
That looks BAD ASS

Back to top Go down
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 7:48 pm

Looks good, let me know if you still want to get rid of your old LP bracket?
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 9:20 pm

fugging AWESOME RG! I'm jealous now!!!
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:21 pm

Dat beeotch needs to be down at da coast!!! Sweet man!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:43 pm

martij3 wrote:
Looks good, let me know if you still want to get rid of your old LP bracket?

Done deal dude, I will shoot you a PM.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:50 pm

Looks great
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 10:39 pm

Wired up the 3rd brake light / license plate light, wired up the CB antenna and found a way to move the HiLift over to where it was not blocking the tail light.
Just gotta put some gas in the cans and get some locks to keep everything where it should be.
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier 001
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier 007
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 11:28 am

I wanted to add a few more cool little details about the setup.
Everything can be locked to prevent theft. I found a nice set of Master Locks
that are weather resistant and have a no-rust guarantee, nice if they
are going to be out in the weather all the time. I had to drill out the
holes in the can holders a little bit and put several coats of paint in
the holes to prevent rust.

Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier P7262062
Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier P7262067
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 12:42 pm

Looks great Ron! It seems like ages ago when you decided on that bumper at Hooters!
Back to top Go down
bob_prtda
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
bob_prtda

Number of posts : 78
Rig : 81 CJ5
specs. : Stock, but working my way up
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 1:15 pm

that looks tough. let a grocery getter rear end you and see what happens
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 1:18 pm

rohantmh wrote:
Looks great Ron! It seems like ages ago when you decided on that bumper at Hooters!

No chit.... I ordered it right after that. I still hear of folks that waited 10 months etc... I guess I got lucky getting one from Screaming Lizards, Randy said that he ordered the one that I got in October 08' so it looks like 10m is "normal". I sure hope they get it figured out and get caught up. Lots of folks are turned off by the long wait and will miss out on a nice product. The folks at Shrock have a story why it it has taken so long and why they got behind and it makes sense. They have some serious potential in the JK market... they made their name on Yota and Nissan stuff and only started making JK stuff after Jim bought a JKU...they have made some moves to meet demand.. we will see.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 1:20 pm

bob_prtda wrote:

I was laughing about that yesterday, I pulled out of Best Buy and I was thinking about how nice it is to be protected by the big azz bumpers front and back... and doom on whoever runs in to one of them.
Back to top Go down
bob_prtda
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
bob_prtda

Number of posts : 78
Rig : 81 CJ5
specs. : Stock, but working my way up
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 2:07 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
bob_prtda wrote:

I was laughing about that yesterday, I pulled out of Best Buy and I was thinking about how nice it is to be protected by the big azz bumpers front and back... and doom on whoever runs in to one of them.

jeep vs grocery getter
grocery getter = totaled
Jeep = shit now i have to waste $3 on touch up paint
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 2:24 pm

If they haven't figured it out by now, they aren't going to. I hate to knock on those guys, but their production planning out right sucks and has for the better part of two years.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 11:31 am

looks awesome
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 3:16 pm

That is one beautiful set-up, you made us all jealous!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 1:15 pm

that is one bad ass bumper. how much does that massive setup weigh ???
if i only had some extra cash laying around....
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 4:28 pm

Awesome looking bumper. Wonder how it will do on the trails, looks very heavy.
I wouldn't be able to use the top rack, I'm not tall enough to put anything on it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 8:49 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
that is one bad ass bumper. how much does that massive setup weigh ???
if i only had some extra cash laying around....

F'n heavy... don't know for sure the box with the bumper and tire carrier weighed 198# in the box.... add in the rest and no telling.... heavy... but I am diggin the setup... love getting stuff out of the back, off the gate etc... I am going to figure out a way to mount the lil' honda generator back there, might have to get Geo to figure it out - should be pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 8:16 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

F'n heavy... don't know for sure the box with the bumper and tire carrier weighed 198# in the box.... add in the rest and no telling.... heavy... but I am diggin the setup... love getting stuff out of the back, off the gate etc... I am going to figure out a way to mount the lil' honda generator back there, might have to get Geo to figure it out - should be pretty easy.

So Ron... Are you driving up hill now? lol!

I had to add 3/4" spacer to the rear to get rid of that up hill rake.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 10:31 am

N2rock wrote:
Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

So Ron... Are you driving up hill now? lol!

I had to add 3/4" spacer to the rear to get rid of that up hill rake.

If it is I don't notice it, I will take a tape measure to it and see if there is a slant. The front setup is heavy with a full width, bull bar and winch... the back wins by a "rack" though What a Face . I need to look at gaining lift all the way around if I want to stuff the 37 under there.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 10:55 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

If it is I don't notice it, I will take a tape measure to it and see if there is a slant. The front setup is heavy with a full width, bull bar and winch... the back wins by a "rack" though What a Face . I need to look at gaining lift all the way around if I want to stuff the 37 under there.

You better think about beefing up that D30 if you want to put 37's under there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier   Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shrockworks Full Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next