MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Swamper LTB review

Go down 
+3
MudHound
CRUX
jkx0778
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Super Swamper LTB review Empty
PostSubject: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 12:17 am

i purchased a set of 4 super swamper LTBs in the 34x10.50r17 variety at the grand opening of NBO offroad in preparation for the Long's trip. They ran me about $170 each out the door. This is about average as they sell for $142-$165 depending on where you buy + shipping or tax.
Super Swamper LTB review 1002396tv5

the good

Awesome. Unstoppable. At longs, i just pointed the jeep and gave it a little of the skinny pedal. on muddy or loose hill climbs they never lost traction. those that were in my group can attest to this. on hill climbs that took many 2,3, or more tries, i plowed up them on the first try. This climb had a "hump" or near verticle spot that had most needing momentum to get up & over. even those with MTs. the LTBs conquere it on the 1st try.
]Super Swamper LTB review 1002627cj5

Did i mention, they fit the stock rims with NO rubbing at full lock???
Super Swamper LTB review 1002748qq8

on rocks, the soft rubber gripped with ease. even on a near verticle rock ledge that ended the life of one rear axle in our group. i didnt get a pic of it, but those LTBs made it seem almost effortless.... really. ask renee10 & her son cody. I'm a newby at this kind of wheeling, so it wasn't the lines i chose or any driving "skills." i have to give those LTBs full credit for making that X climb over just about everything. did i mention i was running the whole weekend at 35 psi. that's right, i never aired down. and they still kicked ASS. yes, capital A-S-S !!!

The Bad

Well what'd you expect?! these aren't the END ALL tires. On the road they are LOUD. yeah, real loud. but hey, what else would you expect from a super aggressive off road tire, right?
whaaa? WHAT WAS THAT ?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THESE DAMN TIRES !!!

ok, that soft compound that mad them super sticky on the rocks, well i've had them on since longs and put over 500 road/hwy miles on them and they are starting to .... crumble?? they are wearing really ugly on the outter knobs. like little pieces are being eatten away.

also, they are a rough ride. but again, what would you expect with big shoulder lugs slapping the pavement? at low speeds on the road, about 10-15 mph (edit. make that about 20-25 and again around 50-55 mph), they shake like an unbalanced washing maching. feels like i'm about to loose a wheel or something.

HEAVY according to the hernia and strained back meter. i haven't weighed them but i have to press hard on the skinny pedal to get up to speed. and lugging those damn things in & outta my jeep was a workout.

like most serious off road tires, they took alot of weight to balance. not sure exactly how much, but when the weights go almost half way around one wheel, it's kinda ridiculous. when i get them re-balanced, i'll post the exact weight and how much weight it took to balance them.

Conclusion

Best damn bang for the buck i could find. i would buy them again in a heart beat. If i'd known what a difference they were gonna make, i would have stayed with the stock front bumper and used the money i spent on my bumper & winch and put gears or a rear locker in her.

Last edited by jkx0778 on Tue 08 Apr 2008, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 1:32 am

Awesome write-up bro!! I`m glad they worked out for you. I knew you wouldn`t go back to your a/t`s right away Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
MudHound
Got No Life
Got No Life
MudHound

Number of posts : 1323
Rig : 97 TJ
specs. : Part TJ, Part JK, Part CJ, Part K30.....The hell?
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 3:46 am

Great review man
Back to top Go down
matthew2000tx
Poster child
Poster child
matthew2000tx

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 6:21 pm

Thanks for shareing.
Back to top Go down
The_Captain
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
The_Captain

Number of posts : 40
Rig : 07 JK
specs. : Silver, no lift yet, but got some new tires.
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 12:06 am

You forgot to mention they have a coolness factor of 9.5
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 9:55 am

I'm not the expert but are they wearing faster than normal??? I know the bigger you get, knobs, etc the faster the wear but you have so few miles on them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Cdavis
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Cdavis

Number of posts : 156
Rig : White 07 2dr X
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 11:34 am

thats what happens when you buy softer tires. those ltb's have a soft rubber which is more of a competition tire instead of an every day driver tire. they kick butt off the road, but they don't like the road too much.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2008, 1:29 pm

they hate the road. yeah, the rubber is really soft. sticky on rocks. but, the street was eatting them up. i put a little over 1000 miels on them. they still got lots of life/tread left. but on longer trips, i'm gonna have to trailer the tires and swap them when i get there... now i need a trailer (or maybe some TSL radials ??? )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Swamper LTB review   Super Swamper LTB review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Swamper LTB review
Page 1 of 1