MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New rear bumper and carrier installed!

Go down 
+8
akonius
martinez
jeff.lyon3
Maverick1701
Mr.RonGilbert
Dutchboy101
N2rock
Deacon
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

New rear bumper and carrier installed! Empty
PostSubject: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 3:23 pm

Finally got some pics of the new rear bumper/carrier setup from BESRK on JeepForum.com (Ground Pounder Fabrication). I love it, including how the lights came out. I'll try to get some night pics for y'all, but those shiny grommets will be dusty and scuffed up soon enough, I'm sure. It's bright and looks pretty badass, IMHO. The trailer wiring harness hook-up is perfect, too. So neat and tidy! I'll be zip-tying and wrapping up the wiring in conduit or electrical tape (or both) some time soon, when I can get around to it. I've got a hi-lift mount that bolts up to it, too, but I don't have a hi-lift, and I'm not sure I want the hi-lift on there 24/7 driving around town, regardless.

That latch closes nice and tight. No way in hell that's going to pop open on the trail. And now that the weight of the tire is off of it, my tailgate now swings nice and easy, free as a bird! So much nicer...

I need to consider whether to run a 3rd eye brake light or not. The other two are definitely bright and might meet the requirement for it, legally speaking...

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_01

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_02

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_03

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_04

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_05

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_06

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_07

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_08

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_09

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_10

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-03_GPF_BESRK_11
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 3:43 pm

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 3:57 pm

I'm still getting used to it, but I'm having a hard time not going to the window every few minutes and looking at it again Smile
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 4:16 pm

Looks very good. Where did you get it powder coated and how much did they charge, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 4:27 pm

I'll take that as a compliment, because...

My garage with a rattle can. Yes, really. Rustoleum Textured in satin black. So ~$6/can plus $2 for one of those handy spray handles that keeps your finger from fatiguing equals something like $25. I think it turned out pretty nice Smile Plus, touch-up is seamless and easy.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 4:48 pm

Deacon wrote:
I'll take that as a compliment, because...

My garage with a rattle can. Yes, really. Rustoleum Textured in satin black. So ~$6/can plus $2 for one of those handy spray handles that keeps your finger from fatiguing equals something like $25. I think it turned out pretty nice Smile Plus, touch-up is seamless and easy.

Good stuff- I use it on my rock rails. And when I scratch them up, easy to touch up.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 4:51 pm

Yeah, besides cost that was the big decider for me. That Shittybilt front bumper I have is powdercoated with a texture, and it looks nice, but every flat spot worn in the texture or scratch or gouge isn't easy to touch up without being noticeable, and I'm just counting the days till it starts chipping and flaking away. Hopefully never, but the next front bumper I get will probably get the same rattle can treatment.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 6:03 pm

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
Maverick1701
Jack Twist
Maverick1701

Number of posts : 910
Rig : 1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 6x6
specs. : ITS BIG!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 6:16 pm

very cool!
also extra points for the license plate
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 8:27 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
martinez

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 10:13 pm

You can see from my post count, I don't say much on here, but that looks AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 12:08 am

NYCE!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Dern
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Dern

Number of posts : 404
Rig : 07 Rubicon Unlimited
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 12:10 am

Looks Good
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 11:23 am

Thanks, all!

Alright, night shots for those interested, and I put up a short video on YouTube showing the setup in action. I never really noticed that the factory lights kind of fade in and out until you see the LED's snap on and off. I'm very likely going to end up with a set of Savvy's tail lights at some point, and it'll be a complete matched set.

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-04_bumper_night_1

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-04_bumper_night_2

New rear bumper and carrier installed! 2009-08-04_bumper_night_3
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 1:19 pm

looks really good on your tj. those lights are a big bonus
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 4:50 pm

sweet
Back to top Go down
Duke
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Duke

Number of posts : 477
Rig : JEEP
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 8:08 pm

Looks good. I would adjust it so the tire sits up against the post of the carrier. It will increase the departure angle and decrease leverage.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 11:41 pm

Can't. That's as far in as it goes with the hole drilled. I'm going to look at other options to do exactly that, though. I'll probably end up drilling my own, actually. Trust me, my tiny garage space is precious, and ever couple of inches helps.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 11:55 pm

The lights look great back there. Trailer lights..... brilliant!!! Bright as a mo-fo too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rear bumper and carrier installed!   New rear bumper and carrier installed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rear bumper and carrier installed!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Let's see 'em - SHOW YOUR RIGS!-
Jump to: