MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good news or Bad news?

Go down 
+7
Dutchboy101
redneckhouston
jonsjeep
Hutch
N2rock
Deacon
Bizarro
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Good news or Bad news? Empty
PostSubject: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 2:29 pm

I always like to start off with the Bad news. So here are some pics...

[img]http://www.myjeepforum.net/Good news or Bad news? Pictur16[/img]

[img]http://www.myjeepforum.net/Good news or Bad news? Pictur15[/img]

[img]http://www.myjeepforum.net/Good news or Bad news? Pictur13[/img]

This was my wifes 2008 Charger. She was hit from behind while waiting to turn left. The F-150 that hit her knocked her into the car in front of her. Both hers and the car in front were totaled. We were lucky the kids were not in the car with her. There was an 18 pack of beer in the trunk tho. :banghead:
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 2:39 pm

The good news is you can get her a 1997 Hyundai and put the rest of the money toward the Jeep Wink
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 2:40 pm

Now I guess its time for the good news.

Or maybe this is more bad news I really can't tell anymore.

[img]http://www.myjeepforum.net/Good news or Bad news? Pictur18[/img]

[img]http://www.myjeepforum.net/Good news or Bad news? Pictur19[/img]

She has already claimed my new tires/wheels as hers. She said said she would take mine and I could get bigger tires. bounce I didn't have to think about that too long. I told her to get a soft top so she could just use my hardtop. I hardly ever used it anyway and it would clear some room in the garage.

My plan is to order a 3" TF lift and swap it with the 2.5" TF life currently on mine. So I guess I will be busy trying to do all that very soon. I really don't know if I want to try and run 37s tho. I am very very tempted.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 2:54 pm

Jeep family. Sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 3:52 pm

Yo Dude!!!

Me and George are testimony to what happens when you get a jeeper wife. You either have to buy all new stuff for their rig, or they want your stuff- and this has the affect of you running out spending lots of money on your rig. You're happy because you're getting new stuff. But reality is that the wife has tricked your ass into mod'ing her rig for free AND since you spent the money on your rig, she feels that she should have open access to the checkbook for things like purses and shoes

J/K... Having a jeeping wife is great! Its a great hobby to both be involved in.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 4:25 pm

No mention of the wifes condition so I'm guessing she is okay...?
Congrats on stepping into the two jeep family.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 4:32 pm

N2rock wrote:
Yo Dude!!!
You either have to buy all new stuff for their rig, or they want your stuff- and this has the affect of you running out spending lots of money on your rig. You're happy because you're getting new stuff. But reality is that the wife has tricked your ass into mod'ing her rig for free

I am sitting here nervous to buy a set of wheels/tires and lift. This kind of spending would have gotten me divorced if it was for me. Well it is all for me but still... let me call her again to make sure she hasn't changed her mind.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 4:41 pm

do it man!!!!
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 4:45 pm

Bizarro wrote:

I am sitting here nervous to buy a set of wheels/tires and lift. This kind of spending would have gotten me divorced if it was for me. Well it is all for me but still... let me call her again to make sure she hasn't changed her mind.

ahhh............cunfucious say..........it is much easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 4:50 pm

Hutch wrote:
No mention of the wifes condition so I'm guessing she is okay...?
Congrats on stepping into the two jeep family.

yea she is ok. Her back and neck still hurt from the crash. She had a huge bruise on her leg and its slowly going away. I think the idea of being hit again had something to do with getting a bigger vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 5:06 pm

Glad everything turned out well, and that the wifey is not hurt.
Congrats on the new JK. You'll definitely be broke from now on.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 5:15 pm

Bizarro wrote:

F! that! When you're given permission, DO NOT ask for permission a 2nd time! Doing so will get your man card taken away!
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 5:40 pm

Bizarro wrote:
N2rock wrote:
Yo Dude!!!
You either have to buy all new stuff for their rig, or they want your stuff- and this has the affect of you running out spending lots of money on your rig. You're happy because you're getting new stuff. But reality is that the wife has tricked your ass into mod'ing her rig for free

Got a deal on some bad ass wheels if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 6:31 pm

terrahawk wrote:
Got a deal on some bad ass wheels if you're interested.

PM sent

I got my order in for my lift kit. That was the easy decision.
Same wheels as before or something else is where I am at now, then tires. I will probably stick with KM2s again.

Wife already mentioned she wants some side steps. Not sure which I will get her. She wants something that has a good step on it. I am tempted to get her the Mopar side steps but they are body mounted. I think she may want something a little lower to help get in and out.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 7:09 pm

These power steps would be perfect. Might call them and ask about a JK 4-door: http://www.electricstep.com/eshop/pc/viewCat_P.asp?idCategory=45
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 8:25 am

Bizarro wrote:

My plan is to order a 3" TF lift and swap it with the 2.5" TF life currently on mine. So I guess I will be busy trying to do all that very soon. I really don't know if I want to try and run 37s tho. I am very very tempted.

Sounds like an install party is due soon! cheers Both jeeps done in one day! Plus that could introduce your wife to the insanity of the H-town group
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 11:35 am

N2rock wrote:
Bizarro wrote:

Sounds like an install party is due soon! cheers Both jeeps done in one day! Plus that could introduce your wife to the insanity of the H-town group

I asked her about that. Don't think its gonna happen. Something to do with our screaming kids in public.

I, of course, would appreciate any help. I was trying to figure out how to install it myself. I would have to do mine first and put in the new kit. Then take that lift and put it on my wifes. Which is doable but I have to make sure my jeep is working before dismantling our last vehicle. If I went to your side of town I would have to recruit a friend to drive hers over there which probably isn't a problem. I also have a body lift I plan to install at some point. The new lift and body lift will allow me to fit 37s.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 11:49 am

Bizarro wrote:

I asked her about that. Don't think its gonna happen. Something to do with our screaming kids in public.

I, of course, would appreciate any help. I was trying to figure out how to install it myself. I would have to do mine first and put in the new kit. Then take that lift and put it on my wifes. Which is doable but I have to make sure my jeep is working before dismantling our last vehicle. If I went to your side of town I would have to recruit a friend to drive hers over there which probably isn't a problem. I also have a body lift I plan to install at some point. The new lift and body lift will allow me to fit 37s.

Simple solution- INSTALL PARTY AT BIZARRO's HOUSE cheers

Seriously- with the install experience of this group, you can have everything done in one day. Besides... You're wife NEEDS to get to know the group. She's a JK owner now. So she needs to experience the pain of dealing with this group of CHILDREN. lol!
Back to top Go down
TJ Bear
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
TJ Bear

Number of posts : 42
Rig : '98 TJ
specs. : 4" Pro Comp Lift, 35" AT
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 12:26 pm

N2rock wrote:
Bizarro wrote:

Simple solution- INSTALL PARTY AT BIZARRO's HOUSE cheers

Seriously- with the install experience of this group, you can have everything done in one day. Besides... You're wife NEEDS to get to know the group. She's a JK owner now. So she needs to experience the pain of dealing with this group of CHILDREN. lol!

Tell me where and when !!!

More than glad to help out and help out a fellow Jeeper cheers
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 1:04 pm

sounds like a plan...all Bizarro has to do is hit the "Go" button!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
rhickman70
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
rhickman70

Number of posts : 70
Rig : 2005 TJ
specs. : 3 in. BB lift, rough country discos, 33" km2
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 1:24 pm

i am game to turn a wrench or two
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 1:39 pm

Deacon wrote:
These power steps would be perfect. Might call them and ask about a JK 4-door: http://www.electricstep.com/eshop/pc/viewCat_P.asp?idCategory=45

I found these.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12542_212_07.htm

She likes that the step is far down for her and the kids. I like that it can be moved up and out of the way. I don't know how strong they are. It seems like there would be more stress on the bracket since it isn't in a fixed position.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 2:13 pm

Well, the stresses come from having a big lever arm sticking out from the vehicle. Don't land it on anything solid, and you'll probably be fine.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 2:41 pm

I think here is your answer. The best of both worlds.
Check it out.

http://www.mbrp.com/index.php?page=products&make=Jeep&model=Wrangler JK&year=2009
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 3:03 pm

That website, as it turns out, sucks giant turkey ass. You can't link to a page unless you've already been on it. What crap.

I assume Sascha's talking about their JK rock rails with bolt-on/detachable step. Probably a better setup from a trail perspective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news or Bad news?   Good news or Bad news? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news or Bad news?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Let's see 'em - SHOW YOUR RIGS!-
Jump to: