MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise

Go down 
+2
..::Ryan::..
mvnolan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mvnolan
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
mvnolan

Number of posts : 53
Rig : 07 2dr X
specs. : 35" Mud Country's, 5.13's, 3 inch lift. RR XHD stubby and a warn 9.5ti.
Registration date : 2009-08-30

Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Empty
PostSubject: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 12:29 pm

I am kind of new to this site, but thought I would share. I am very friendly with my dealer, as they are also a customer of mine. So the mechanic and I sat down and looked through the TSB's and found one about wind noise. It is TSB# 23-010-09 Rev. A It is for all models equipped with a sales code of VJ0 built before March 2, 2009. Symptom/Condition listed as "The customer may experience a wind-like sound at the Windshield to Soft Top Header. The condition may be due to the header seal plate warping." It lists "Parts Required" Qty. 1 Part # 68049276AB My dealer ordered the part, and upon arrival it is in fact the new seal plate and the lower seal plate with new latches and a whole new screw set. The mechanic was swamped and said it would be a week or so, so I convinced him to let me do it myself and just bring the parts back when I was done. Just did it this morning, and upon removing the old, and might I say, very cheap looking plastic header, this is a huge improvement. The plastic one was definitely warped and you could actually see the warping with the soft top up looking across the top of the windshield. The instructions he printed out on the TSB were pretty clear, and it was an easy job overall. My biggest complaint on mine was the huge gap developing between the front of the soft top and the windshield seal. This fixed that and I can definitely feel a difference when putting the top up, it feels alot more stable and sturdy. Hope this helps somebody.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 12:33 pm

Good info, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 3:15 pm

thanks me and the one jack a** in charge at IPAC here in S A have gone round and round about that and all he as been doing is adding more low budged foam to one spot which in turn creates a gap somewhere else and back i go not that i put the top or doors on all that often but thats not the point ya know
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 4:15 pm

How much does it cost?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet

Number of posts : 758
Rig : '08 Rubicon
specs. : 3.25 RC Lift - OR-Fab Stinger
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 4:21 pm

If its under warranty it's free.99 other than that...There is no price for it on the internet...
Back to top Go down
mvnolan
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
mvnolan

specs. : 35" Mud Country's, 5.13's, 3 inch lift. RR XHD stubby and a warn 9.5ti.

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 7:53 pm

Well, it would be a drive for some of you, but Team Auto of Navasota will do it under the TSB if it's under warranty. It used to be Bluebonnet Chevy, and talk to the service manager Wade, or just come by and talk to AJ the Dodge mechanic, they are good people, and corporate pays them to fix it.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 11:56 pm

thanks for the advise.......now who are you again???

and how is it i am having to read your helpful dribble with out knowing who you are???

oh yea and who are you again?

and cats

Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Suscat
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 12:31 am

And some people wonder why it says #1 asshole under his name... geek
Back to top Go down
mvnolan
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
mvnolan

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:54 am

Okay, so you can know whose dribble your reading,

I am the creature that goes bump in the night... My name is BATMAN good citizen, what's yours? Very Happy The name's Mark, I should have checked this place out a long time ago, I used to see Paul at SCORP all the time, but was a member of another group then, so usually just watched thier site. But, due to some personality conflicts with the new self appointed "King" of that group, I quit, so here I am. Will put a post in the new guy section this afternoon, I promise....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise   Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soft top header fix for those with leaks or noise
Page 1 of 1