MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quality time with my boy!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Quality time with my boy! Empty
PostSubject: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:13 am

I had a great idea, go to SA with my boy in the Jeep. My Jeep has no top and good for about 55mph. We fueled up, got some soda, and headed to Harbor Freight for some goodies. You folks don't really know me yet so I am sorry if you think it is a waste of time. :loco2: The Jeep ran famously- I took small county rds to keep from twisting as many folks as possible. When we were checking out at Harbor Freight we got a good dose of the much needed rain :!: Some pleasant fellow asked who the moron is in the Jeep (I politely invited him for a ride--he declined). It was raining very hard. We grabbed a sandwich to allow the rain to subside somewhat. Whe then headed north to Mission Jeep cause I promised Grant a Jeep hat. Drove smack back into the center of the heavy rain! I learned that wipers would do more good on the inside Cool We swam right into Mission up under a carport. I had forgotten how bad 4 drum brakes without power work when wet! I did't hit anything (sorry to eliminate excitement). On the show room floor there is a copper colored 4dr wrangler 2" lift purty tires +wheels and a cool fastback top w/ a sunroof. cool rig Very Happy $48,+++. The Hemi challenger was only $40,+++ Rolling Eyes :duh: These new Jeeps are wicked sweet! I would love to have one! no wonder The car co's are in trouble! With these prices--I guess that is the world we live in :hiding: In the end though we had a good trip got really wet but my son and I won't ever forget it! Can't wait to go wheeling for fun instead of neccesity R
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 10:05 am

Sounds like a good father son day! And that $48k on the sticker- way over priced. Even if it was a Rubi, that was only a couple grand worth of upgrades. But I'm sure someone with more money then brains will buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 10:11 am

The upgrades we 14K---That top was cool, The salesdude said it came colormatced but I can't stomach that much coin!
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 10:58 am

If the top was a hardtop, its the Wild Boar Fastback: http://www.wildboarproducts.com/fastbacktops_jkufbsr.html which retails for $4k... 2" lift under $500. Wheels & Tires, we'll just guess on the high side, so $3k. I'm sure there were probably other mods too. But I would guess (knowing the way dealers work) they put a 100% markup on the mods.

Was it a Rubi? Seems like a lot of dealers will modify Shahara's or X's instead of Rubi's. Because the potential buyers of those "custom" rigs don't really know anything about them. So the dealer takes a lower priced rig, throws some eye candy on it, then jacks the price sky high and waits for the right person to walk in.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:04 am

It was a wildboar- and a sahara, it did have 3.73 cogs Smile my rig came with 4.27 cogs what a time warp
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:15 am

Sounds like a good time!!!! When I bought mine there was a white Rubi out front with a 2.5 skyjacker, wheels tires and some chrome on it.. just a bunch of crap hung off of it and it was for Andy Pettitte (lives nearby) they were going to put a big azz Yankee symbol on the hood and it was waaaaaay overpriced!!!!! But when money doesn't matter then what the heck.....

Cheers for having a good time!
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:25 am

I looked into the military club--I was a construction mechanic in the USN SEABEES
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 12:38 pm

sounds like an great trip - it's stuff like that you remember!
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 1:16 pm

potlickinpirate wrote:
It was a wildboar- and a sahara, it did have 3.73 cogs Smile my rig came with 4.27 cogs what a time warp

Youch! $48k for a Sahara with $7k - $8k in mods! Ouch... They nearly doubled the price of the Sahara.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 1:20 pm

made the Challenger look good and I have never owned a car!
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:49 pm

It sounds like you had a good time.

By the way, I'm in La Vernia too. I think I've seen your Jeep around here. I always wave so keep an eye out.

Take care,

T
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 4:01 pm

I plan to go to the Hammerfest rest stop in New Berlin. I can't go to the prerun but I plan to go to the event. Is it acceptable to bring adult beverages to this type of deal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quality time with my boy!   Quality time with my boy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quality time with my boy!
Page 1 of 1