MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Asking for your opinion on a trade

Go down 
+3
CJATE
jeeperjennie
martij3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Asking for your opinion on a trade Empty
PostSubject: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 10:24 pm

I have a co-worker who has an '01 TJ that has never been offroad. Long story short his daughter wrecked it. Damage to the rear corner and broke the passenger steering knuckle. I am debating trading him my '99 grand am for the jeep and turning it into a trail rig.

Questions are do you think it is a good deal the car + $700 (impound fees/ been impounded for a month) for the jeep as is. Also, how hard is it to replace the steering knuckle?
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 10:41 pm

G said hell yeah do it! It's a good trade! And he said the knuckle is not that hard to replace. he said he is gonna look into it but you might be able to put JK knuckles on it and have high steer, he said he will let you know if ya can but he still says its a killer deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
CJATE
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
CJATE

Number of posts : 88
Rig : 83 Scrambler
specs. : SOA, locked, twinsticked, 35" Krawlers, leaks just about everything
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 9:40 am

let him pay the 700, then it's a good deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.CoachMorrison.com
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 9:43 am

a '99 Grand Am for an '01 TJ with some damage... Dude- if the other guy will take the deal, make it happen as fast as you can before he changes his mind
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 9:54 am

tell him I will pay the $700 and take the Jeep off his hands Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_twisted ... J/K, sounds like a great deal to me, Heck, you can get a used knuckle at a bone yard for less than $75. If you don't trade him, ask him how much he wants for it.. I'm looking for a project...
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 10:25 am

Your project can be improving my rig...?

Wink
Back to top Go down
bob_prtda
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
bob_prtda

Number of posts : 78
Rig : 81 CJ5
specs. : Stock, but working my way up
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 11:17 am

I agree with cjate, Have him pay at least some of the impound fees. $700 is kind of pushing it.

Last edited by bob_prtda on Wed 23 Sep 2009, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammer)
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 3:02 pm

G said hand over the 700 bucks its a deal all the way around, and heck we might have all the exra parts you will need to fix it up here. Remember we do have a Jeep junk yard here...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
martij3
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
martij3

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 9:56 am

I picked up the jeep yesterday afternoon. I will post pics hopefully this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asking for your opinion on a trade   Asking for your opinion on a trade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asking for your opinion on a trade
Page 1 of 1