MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Parting out the Rubicon,

Go down 
+6
goldenboy
Mr.RonGilbert
jeeperjennie
Bizarro
Dutchboy101
TxCrawler
10 posters
AuthorMessage
StormTrooper2005
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
StormTrooper2005

Number of posts : 74
Rig : TJ
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Parting out the Rubicon, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 10:19 pm

If you still got the axle sleeves let me know. I'll take them for $100
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 8:53 pm

Huge THANKS! to Jeff for going through the trouble of swapping my rear stock sway bar for his Anti-Rock. I told him that I wanted the Anti-Rocks but wasn't physically able to get in there and do the swap. He said - "no sweat, I'll come over and knock it out". It took a little longer than expected but he stuck with it - I learned that he has a lot more patience than I do! I appreciate it Jeff.

Parting out the Rubicon, Beer
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 10:49 am

jdldx3 wrote:
Dutchboy101 wrote:
Jeff,

Dibs on the shocks and adapters as well. Need to talk the wife into it first though. Parting out the Rubicon, 457359

Looks like another install party.

Sascha, how many times are we going to put springs on your jeep?

Until I am satisfied with my Jeep. Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_porc

I am just hoping that my control arms will adjust enough to handle to additional lift Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_clown
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 10:03 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
Jeff,

Dibs on the shocks and adapters as well. Need to talk the wife into it first though. Parting out the Rubicon, 457359

Looks like another install party.

Sascha, how many times are we going to put springs on your jeep?
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 8:37 pm

Jeff,

Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 7:10 pm

no worries but you couldn't tell me know until i asked.
Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

Number of posts : 491
Rig : 98 TJ
specs. : Under Construction
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 1:40 pm

I wish I could do the axle swap, but I dont think It would go over very well if I sold a rubicon without a 44 front and no lockers Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 1:35 pm

they are already broken, after the recovery class at BVORR the front of the passenger side had stripped the nut totally out of the plastic and at katemcy one of the bolt heads, i'm sorry screw heads, was sheared off. I had to drill out the plastic and use a sheetrock expansion nut to reattach it. other than that i just don't have 450 for something like that but i could come up with some money for them axles. Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_biggrin let me know if you don't get rid of them and maybe we can talk then.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 11:26 am

Put some non skid tap on there and your golden...pun intended. Those plastic side steps are going to get destroyed if you keep taking it off road (just a matter of time), so you have an excuse for your wife Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_biggrin .
Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 11:12 am

yeah, they are a pain to put on, you have to drill a couple holes in the frame rails, and use sticky nuts, or whatever they call them to get them inside the frame rails to bolt them up, once they are on, you won't want to take them off.

And they work really well, I have tested these rails on multiple occasions. No rocker damage Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 10:34 am

goldenboy wrote:
i bet they work way better than these plastic side steps. but i have to keep the steps for the misses to get in and i don't think that the round bar works too well with heals. how easy would they be to swap out back and forth?

once you put them on....you're not gonna want to swap them out.

as far as the heels issue...ya don't step onto anything heel 1st right? If anything, just add a grap handle on that side.

fyi, my wife Brandi if 5'7" and wears heels everyday and doesn't seem to have a problem getting into my Jeep that only has the Rubi rails...even with the damn hooker heels she wore at our wedding
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 7:59 am

i bet they work way better than these plastic side steps. but i have to keep the steps for the misses to get in and i don't think that the round bar works too well with heals. how easy would they be to swap out back and forth?
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:51 pm

goldenboy wrote:
if you would ever consider trading your axles for for my 30/44 let me know.

You should really take him up on those rock rails dude!
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:58 pm

if you would ever consider trading your axles for for my 30/44 let me know.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 9:32 pm

Dibs on the rear anti-rock.....
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 8:26 pm

come on just part out the whole thing! See how much you can get for the TUb and Seats etc....I bet you could get way more then your asking for the thing whole....LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:44 am

TxCrawler wrote:
Dutchboy101 wrote:
Jeff,

I'll take your 4.5 poly performance springs without the rubicon springs.
Let me know how we can best do the trade? I will be at Long's Ranch on October 17th.

I won't be able to make longs, but I could probably have some one bring them to you at longs...

That will work for me. I will give them the money and it will be an easy exchange.

Now update your items, you just sold the springs!!! Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:37 am

Dutchboy101 wrote:
Jeff,

Let me know how we can best do the trade? I will be at Long's Ranch on October 17th.

I won't be able to make longs, but I could probably have some one bring them to you at longs...
Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:36 am

Forgot to add in the shocks and rear sway bar...
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:21 am

Dam! Lots of stuff.

If only I had a Rubicon axle to trade! I am also tempted for your upper control arms. However I was thinking I needed my lowers first.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:19 am

Jeff,

Back to top Go down
TxCrawler
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
TxCrawler

PostSubject: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 11:00 am

Putting the Rubicon back to stock

Front and Rear JK Rubicon Dana 44’s with 5.13’s superlift diff covers, Front has Poly Performance steering correction kit
$1000 bucks plus your stock Rubicon axles,

I also have the front inner axle sleeves I can through in the package for another $100, they have been sitting in my garage for about 4 months or so

4.5” poly performance springs $200 plus your Rubicon stock springs, or $225 for the set with out trade. (SOLD)

Fox 12” travel emulsion shocks with adapters to fit the JK $450 or 425 with your stock shocks (SOLD)

Currie front and rear upper adjustable control arms $400 with stock control arms
$425 without stock control arms or $700 with the superlift lower control arms, but they probably need new bushings on the frame mount side.

(5) 37x12.50-17 Super Swamper Irok Radials with Pro comp 8170 wheels, Fronts have about 40% tread and bad wear pattern (didn’t rotate my tires), rears have about 70% tread and look good, chunked up a little due to the trails, Spare has about 50% tread. $1250 or $750 with your stock Rubi wheels and tires.

Shrockworks Unlimited rock Rails, $450, has a few dings and scratches, they work awesome and no wait times

Currie Rear anti-rock $400 or $375 with your stock rear sway bar (SOLD)

Last edited by TxCrawler on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 10:46 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parting out the Rubicon,   Parting out the Rubicon, Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parting out the Rubicon,
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: News & Views :: Thread Graveyard-
Jump to: