MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SOLD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StormTrooper2005
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
StormTrooper2005

Number of posts : 74
Rig : TJ
Registration date : 2009-02-26

SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLD   SOLD Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 11:43 pm

Take some chalk and draw a line about 3 to 4 inches wide across the tread of your tires. Drive straight for 2 to 3 revolutions of the tire. If the chalk is worn off of the middle but not the edges of your tire the pressure is to high. If it wears off the edges and not the center the pressure is to low. Adjust the pressure until the chalk line wears as evenly as possible. What ever that pressure is, is the correct pressure for the tire on that width rim for that particular vehicle. Remember that your buddy might have a similar rig and the same tires but the tires could require different pressures because the weight of the rig is slightly different. Rim width can make a difference also. I have 15x10 rims. If I had 15x8 the side walls of the tire would be closer together causing the tread of the tire to be more rounded. Kind of like a donut. With a 15x10 rim the side walls are further apart making the tread flatter. Just try to get the chalk as evenly worn across the tread as possible. I have always found that the fronts like a little more air than the rears because of the engine weight but on my TJ 27psi was a good compromise all around. This is just how I do it. I am sure there are a ton of other ways to find your correct tire pressure.
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLD   SOLD Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 9:23 pm

Chalk test??????

How do yo do that?
Back to top Go down
StormTrooper2005
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
StormTrooper2005

SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLD   SOLD Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 9:14 pm

I would like to sell them together but if I can get four people that want to buy one each as trail spares then that will work also. I cant find my tread depth gauge so I used a penny. If you look at Abe's profile the tread is up to the year on the penny. I use to run these tires at recommended 35 psi but found that they rode ruff and wore the center treads. So after I found how to chalk test my tires I started running them at 27psi. For my TJ that is the perfect psi for ride comfort and the tires stopped wearing as fast in the center and started wearing evenly across the contact patch. I'm estimating from how I have seen these tires wear over the last 2 years that they have 8k to 10k mile left in them before they get down to the wear indicator blocks. Here are some pics I just took. Remember I'm a mechanic not a photographer. https://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss210/StormTrooper2005/Old%20tires/
Back to top Go down
CJATE
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
CJATE

Number of posts : 88
Rig : 83 Scrambler
specs. : SOA, locked, twinsticked, 35" Krawlers, leaks just about everything
Registration date : 2009-07-05

SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLD   SOLD Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 4:04 pm

RubiconAg wrote:
I'm sure you want to sell them together if possible, but if you end up with a few offers for singles, I would take one off your hands for a second spare.

I just found one, but there is a big market for 35" spares. lots of people looking
Back to top Go down
http://www.CoachMorrison.com
RubiconAg
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
RubiconAg

Number of posts : 40
Rig : 2004 TJ Rubicon
Registration date : 2009-10-06

SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLD   SOLD Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 1:54 pm

I'm sure you want to sell them together if possible, but if you end up with a few offers for singles, I would take one off your hands for a second spare.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLD   SOLD Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 12:31 am

Any up-close pics of the tread?
Back to top Go down
StormTrooper2005
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
StormTrooper2005

SOLD Empty
PostSubject: SOLD   SOLD Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 9:29 pm

I have 4 Maxxis Mudders size 35X12.50X15. These are the tires on my
Jeep in my profile pic. Tires have 8k to 10k miles left on them. Just
tires no rims. These will fit on a 15x8 and a 15x10 rim.

Last edited by StormTrooper2005 on Thu 08 Oct 2009, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLD   SOLD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOLD
Page 1 of 1