MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LS2 swap in a TJ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Number of posts : 666
Rig : 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
specs. : Pro Comp lift, soft 8 wheels, 33x13.5x15 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Registration date : 2009-08-03

LS2 swap in a TJ? Empty
PostSubject: LS2 swap in a TJ?   LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 10:11 pm

After driving my TJ around for a month I have decided that the 4.0L ain't got enuff power for me LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_cry Has anyone in Texas done a LS2 swap into a TJ before? If so I may need to pick their brains for some info. Maybe I'm spoiled with V8 powered cars but I can't live this slow!! I swear it felt like I was pulling a 20ft trailer fully loaded uphill every time I hit the gas.
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

LS2 swap in a TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS2 swap in a TJ?   LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 10:58 pm

Nope not me but if your in the san antonio area let me know and I might watch/help
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

LS2 swap in a TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS2 swap in a TJ?   LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 11:12 pm

DangerMouse wrote:
I swear it felt like I was pulling a 20ft trailer fully loaded uphill every time I hit the gas.

3.08 gears kinda have that effect on a engine
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

LS2 swap in a TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS2 swap in a TJ?   LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 11:30 pm

What also gets me is the 13 mpg avg. I expected it to be lousy but is this normal? The engine only has 25000 miles on it. I was expecting maybe 15 mpg. I can live with it, thats why I kept my VW Rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Maverick1701
Jack Twist
Maverick1701

Number of posts : 910
Rig : 1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 6x6
specs. : ITS BIG!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

LS2 swap in a TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS2 swap in a TJ?   LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Oct 2009, 12:15 am

if you have a youtube account you might be able to ask this guy for tips....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N902Bc9hRs
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

LS2 swap in a TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS2 swap in a TJ?   LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Oct 2009, 1:25 am

Dangermouse, what gearing do you run and what size tires? There are a couple of things to keep in mind, here, and you probably already know, but just to make sure:

1) Gears. If you've got tires that are larger than stock, it's as though you dropped your gearing down to be even taller, and it'll keep the engine from ever really having a chance to come to life. If you've got 3.07's and 33's, for instance, that's going to suck. It'd be pretty much unlivable with 35's.

2) With larger tires, your speedometer will be under-reporting. For instance, I had 3.73's and 33's (now 4.88's and 35's) and it was about 10 mph slow on the highway. Therefore if you're using the trip odometer divided by gallons to fill up, then it's going to look on the odometer as though you didn't go nearly as many miles as you actually did, which therefore makes it seem like you're getting terrible gas mileage. And if you're trying to keep going 75 (and actually going 85 or 90 and wondering why everyone else is so slow) that's also going to cause your mileage to plummet (and be difficult to maintain).

Of course, like I said, you may already know all this, and it's all just an excuse to drop in a V8. God forbid I ever get in the way of THAT venture Smile
Back to top Go down
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

LS2 swap in a TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS2 swap in a TJ?   LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Oct 2009, 8:16 am

All good points. At the moment I'm running 30s and it has a 2 inch budget lift on it. Thats all I really know about it. I don't know if the previous owner swap out gears or did anything else to it. I'm a rookie with Jeeps so any advice and info is always welcome. I can come up with a million excuses for a V8 swap LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_lol "I don't like the color. Needs a V8!" "Spare tire doesn't match the other 4 tires. Needs a V8!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LS2 swap in a TJ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS2 swap in a TJ?   LS2 swap in a TJ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LS2 swap in a TJ?
Page 1 of 1