MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

alignment problem?

Go down 
+3
StormTrooper2005
jeff.lyon3
rohantmh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009, 5:34 pm

I was out driving around the deer lease last weekend and hit a ditch hidden by tall weeds. It was probably 3-3.5' deep but not very wide and I hit it pretty hard. I bounced on across it but now my JK is difficult to keep straight and seems to over steer on the highway. I've looked at everything underneath and nothing appears bent. I have also lifted the front end and nothing appears to be loose. Is there anything I should look for or should I take it to have the alignment checked?
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009, 5:45 pm

Alignment is one of those things I would leave to the professionals. If you don't see anything obvious something is probably bent just enough to cause problems.
Back to top Go down
StormTrooper2005
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
StormTrooper2005

Number of posts : 74
Rig : TJ
Registration date : 2009-02-26

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009, 6:23 pm

I know this wont help fix the problem but I bought a life time alignment from Firestone. Now I can take my jeep in for an alignment and does not cost me anything, as long as nothing needs to be replaced. You might want to look in to it.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009, 7:44 pm

StormTrooper2005 wrote:
I know this wont help fix the problem but I bought a life time alignment from Firestone. Now I can take my jeep in for an alignment and does not cost me anything, as long as nothing needs to be replaced. You might want to look in to it.

x2 on that. it cost twice the regular amount, but i take it in after each time i wheel or changed my lift. paid for itself tmore than wice over already.
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 5:54 pm

Put it in the shop this morning. They asked me how big the elephant was I ran over.. They could not find anything bent on the front and were able to get it back within specs, but the right rear wheel is -13/32 toe which they say is out of spec and said I should take it to a body shop. What is he talking about? alignment problem? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 6:13 pm

what he is saying is your rear axle is bent.........you have almost a half inch on negitive toe.....thats alot

here is a quick paint that explains it
alignment problem? Ronsproblem

and this is what your jeep looks like
alignment problem? Therealproblem
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 6:24 pm

redneckhouston wrote:
what he is saying is your rear axle is bent.........you have almost a half inch on negitive toe.....thats alot

Where do you reccomend I go to get it fixed? I'm sure that's gonna be rough on tires.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 6:26 pm

Geo- the position of your D30 diff is a bit off lol!
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 7:24 pm

N2rock wrote:
Geo- the position of your D30 diff is a bit off lol!

Picky bastage! Bet thats d35 in the rear too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

alignment problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: alignment problem?   alignment problem? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

alignment problem?
Page 1 of 1