MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Empty
PostSubject: Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears   Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 4:24 pm

Looking for a shop to get my rear end fixed. I need to get a carrier installed in the rear and the gears need to be re-installed and pinion depth reset. Anyone know of a good place in san antonio?
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears   Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:22 pm

The only thing I've done like that was the re-gear, E-Locker installs front and rear, and S35 with C-clip eliminator, done all at once by 87 Gear, and they seem to know what they're doing and are generally reasonably priced. Eric is the owner (last name Robertson, if I recall correctly). They're on the east/southeast side at 87 and 410. They don't do exclusively offroad stuff, but also big rigs and other large work trucks (dump trucks, etc).

Does George have a twin in SA? Smile
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears   Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:25 pm

thanks, a friend of mine that hangs with the racing crowd recommended Thrash Differentials. They gave me a reasonable price (less than what the labor was to get the gears installed in the first place).
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears   Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:31 pm

I'm not sure I've heard of them. It's these guys you're talking about, I assume?

http://www.charliethrashdifferentialandaxle.com/
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears   Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:32 pm

yup
Back to top Go down
TOYZ_2
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
TOYZ_2

Number of posts : 190
Rig : 98 TJ 4 Banger
specs. : 3 1/4 RC lift, bestop supertop, round tires , dual sun visiors
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears   Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 9:51 am

I had some 411 gears put in an old Ford Galaxie and used Thrash. They did a great job and the price was reasonable. We used them when i was in the auto repair business. They also did some great work on some driveshafts also.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears   Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 6:50 pm

heres keeping my fingers crossed. i'm sure they can do it. he had a couple hot rods in his shop. one 32 ford had a very trick chromed out indepedent suspension. looked like it was from a corvette.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears   Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good (i mean really good) shop in SA for gears
Page 1 of 1