MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

check engine light after evap relocate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

check engine light after evap relocate Empty
PostSubject: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 8:42 am

at longs i broke off the evap canister. i got a new one and replaced it over the weekend and on saturday it was all good, no check engine or gas cap error. get in on sunday and it rough idles on me after i first started it then i started to get the cas cap errors. then eventually the check engine light cam back on. now they both come on as soon i start it. any words of advice? i did not get the white part the plugs into it but from the visual inspection it did not look broken. i have checked all the hose fittings and they look good too.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 10:17 am

Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 10:34 am

You gotta love Jeeps! I wish there were a simple way like that to get codes from my F250.

Clint, check the connections on both ends of the canister to make sure it's all nice and snug, but I'm guessing the evap canister wouldn't have much to do with it running rough. I don't know that for sure, but my understanding is that the evap canister is just to trap gasoline fumes that have evaporated from the tank so they can be cycled back into the tank instead of bleeding off into the air and being wasted. I don't know JK's, but check the lines running into and out of the evap canister and other fuel lines if you can find them. It took me a long time to figure out that I'd been breaking my fuel lines for a while.
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 2:05 pm

the DTC codes came up done, so no codes? don't tell me that of all the ppl who have done this relocation i am the one who is going to have trouble. seems like the story of my life.
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 5:50 pm

I had the same problem when I relocated mine. There were 2 problems. 1) be sure the gasket between the small white clip on thingy is still there. and 2) it is possible to snap the white clip on thingy upside down, the inlet or exit (whichever it is) with the hose attached must be down.
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 7:27 pm

rohantmh wrote:
I had the same problem when I relocated mine. There were 2 problems. 1) be sure the gasket between the small white clip on thingy is still there. and 2) it is possible to snap the white clip on thingy upside down, the inlet or exit (whichever it is) with the hose attached must be down.

i saw your post on JKO where i got the instructions and verified that it is installed with the hose on the bottom. i'll get uner there tonight and double check the gasket.
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 8:11 pm

no gasket between the white part and the canister. checked the old one too and not on it either. maybe in the daylight tomorrow i look better through the trash. other wise i guess i gotta buy that white part cause i am sure you can't just buy the gasket.
Back to top Go down
rohantmh
Poster child
Poster child
rohantmh

Number of posts : 243
Rig : 2008 X BOB
specs. : 2dr 6 speed
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 6:18 pm

goldenboy wrote:
no gasket between the white part and the canister. checked the old one too and not on it either. maybe in the daylight tomorrow i look better through the trash. other wise i guess i gotta buy that white part cause i am sure you can't just buy the gasket.

Yes, you can. I think it was under $2.. It's actually an o ring
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 9:38 pm

rohantmh wrote:
Yes, you can. I think it was under $2.. It's actually an o ring

glad to know and easy enough that I can install it in the parking lot and if that doesn't work i go right back in and get the white part.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 2:40 am

AND CHECK ALL YOUR HOSE CLAMPS.............
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 1:41 pm

redneckhouston wrote:
AND CHECK ALL YOUR HOSE CLAMPS.............

i cheked them all and the one that i wasn't able to attched to a fitting i actually used 2 clamps since the plastic hose seemed brittle. i'll check that one again in case i was too cautious
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 4:16 pm

went by the dealership and got the o-ring which they call a sealer for a grand total of $1.63. and guess what... after driving it home all lights are off. and just for good measure i retightened all the clamps. thanks guys for all your help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: check engine light after evap relocate   check engine light after evap relocate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

check engine light after evap relocate
Page 1 of 1