MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Re oiling intake filter?????

Go down 
+4
kevinlvy
CRUX
Cdavis
PJ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PJ
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
PJ

Number of posts : 126
Rig : 2DR Wrangler
specs. : 35x12.50 FT 3"
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Re oiling intake filter????? Empty
PostSubject: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 5:27 pm

So the question is how often do you guys reoil or recharge your after market intake? I've had mine for a few months and already have lost most of the color from when it was brand new. It's not drity at all, but i was wondering if I should go ahead and recharge it?????????
Back to top Go down
Cdavis
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Cdavis

Number of posts : 156
Rig : White 07 2dr X
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 6:20 pm

is it a K&N air filter? Those should be good to go for a lot of miles.
Back to top Go down
PJ
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
PJ

Number of posts : 126
Rig : 2DR Wrangler
specs. : 35x12.50 FT 3"
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 12:33 am

Na man it's the aFe. It's works great and sounds awsome. I just want to take care of it you know.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 2:02 am

I`m pretty sure if it takes the K&N type red spray oil, the filter needs to remain red. no red = no oil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
kevinlvy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 9:36 pm

CRUX wrote:
I`m pretty sure if it takes the K&N type red spray oil, the filter needs to remain red. no red = no oil.

been wanting to change my oem filter with a k&n brand my buds said that they are the best aftermarket part that could offer. can i ask if you have previous experience from other brands? just want to weigh in on them and compare. thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

kevinlvy wrote:
CRUX wrote:

been wanting to change my oem filter with a k&n brand my buds said that they are the best aftermarket part that could offer. can i ask if you have previous experience from other brands? just want to weigh in on them and compare. thanks! Smile

Yea I am curious what others think about the different brands too. I have been leaning towards a Banks intake.
Back to top Go down
TOYZ_2
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
TOYZ_2

Number of posts : 190
Rig : 98 TJ 4 Banger
specs. : 3 1/4 RC lift, bestop supertop, round tires , dual sun visiors
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:22 am

I have the AirAid intake system on my 4 banger TJ. Love the sound and clean look it has under the hood. I didnt notice much improvement as far as power, but i did add the throttle spacer. My wife has the 6 banger and you really notice the power and response when we put the AirAid on hers. Havent had to recharge it yet.
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 2:30 pm

i have the air raid CAI on mine and have been really happy with the extra power and i has a great sound when you get on the gas but isn't too loud that you notice during normal driving.
Back to top Go down
muskrat love

Number of posts : 9
Rig : '11 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: any mpg improvement?   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 7:21 pm

Anyone notice any improvement in MPG with one of these? Drove to Dallas on Christmas pulling my light 600lb kayak trailer into the 20 mph headwind and got about 13 MPG (ouch!). With gas prices creeping up again, curious as to how these intakes (or other mods) might improve my stock-so-far JK.

thanks
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 9:31 am

per the dash computer i have noticed an mpg increase on the freeway but not so much in town. if its not too windy the computer reads as high as 21, just not sure how exact that is but the most it ever read before was just shy of 19 which the sticker said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re oiling intake filter?????   Re oiling intake filter????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re oiling intake filter?????
Page 1 of 1