MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bored so I took out the camera, macro....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FOC
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
FOC

Number of posts : 58
Rig : jeep green JK unlimited X
specs. : small lift and 32" mud tires
Registration date : 2009-11-12

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Empty
PostSubject: bored so I took out the camera, macro....   bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 12:11 am

while enjoying some peanut butter cookies from HEB, thought to myself "take a pic" Laughing

Wife's at work, my boy's with friends, the dogs asleep, and country videos on tv. Did I mention I was bored. Wink

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Oky6ig

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... 2cpu9ae

a flower in the center piece...

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... 15d15lj

my camera is a fuji film finepix s1500. set to super macro and messed with the adjustment feature in iphoto.

Hopefully taking pics at the refuge tomorrow.

Wink
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: bored so I took out the camera, macro....   bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 3:47 am

Neat shots FOC

Funny what you do when your bored....lol

Here are 2 pics I took a few years back with my little Canon S3 IS

(potlicker these are pics I took with that camera I was was talking to you about)

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Debug3

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Flowerproof4

Although I don't do much with Macro anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: bored so I took out the camera, macro....   bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 4:09 am

Here's another one, I took this the other day, it's rain dripping off the roof of my front porch.

This one was taken with a Nikon D90 I think, well either the Nikon D90 or the Nikon D80, I don't really remember which one I was using that day.

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Perfectrain4
Back to top Go down
FOC
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
FOC

PostSubject: Re: bored so I took out the camera, macro....   bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 6:02 pm

Jennie those were great! My wife wants to get me a better camera but I don't have a clue as to which one to get. I want one that can accept a large lens cause my subjects are usually 20-30 yards away and I want to be able to see the color in their eyes. Shocked

Sometimes I cannn get close. this was taken about 3ft away, overcast, on a dirt road, and zoomed in. My wife says gettin 3 feet from an alligator is way too close.... even if it was a small one.(about a 3.5 footer)

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... 2mwjkx

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Xfw5zl

Here, I couldn't get close enough for the shot I wanted. it was taken about 15 yards and the fuji was zoomed in all the way.

bored so I took out the camera, macro.... 1433mus

Any ideas as to what "strength" lens I would need to be able to count the whiskers on the doe second from the left? I got my eye on the pentax k-x, the canon t1i, and the sony a330. I couldn't hold the Nikon 5000 comfortably.

Some features I would want for the camera to have are the flippin swivel lcd and the built in image stabilization.

Oh and one more thing Santa, you think you could throw a gili(spell check) suit under the tree this year. Them turkeys are hard to sneak up on! santa
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: bored so I took out the camera, macro....   bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 6:44 pm

The Canon T1i is an ok camera it's a bit small for my liking, but it's cheap and most of canons lenses are cheap which is always a good thing, as for the Nikon D5000 it's ok too but it has some major flaws, nasty noise and its kinda junky as far as the build goes, but you get what you pay for with both of those cameras.

The Pentax K-x is a pretty good camera it's a great entry level camera.

The Sony is pretty good too.

But I recommend buying a used Nikon D80 or D70 even a used D200 or D300 would be a great choice, the higher end Nikon's shoot great and have very low noise

as for build in image stabilization thats a great feature but when you are talking about a lot of zoom you really want the new VR lenses

if you get a camera with enough Mega pixels you could always crop and zoom the image and get a good shot. Or go with a lens that offers a 200mm zoom with VR.

There are lots of choices it just depends on how much your willing to spend.

But also what matters more then the equipment you have is your ability to shoot. Like I said those first to photos I posted were done with a little Canon Power Shot, so it's not what you have but how you use it.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

PostSubject: Re: bored so I took out the camera, macro....   bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 6:58 pm

there's a guy on the forum named JKdrone who shoots with a Pentax K5 I think, he really likes Pentax and they have great resolution with very little to no noise. So you pretty much can't go wrong there.

I myself am not too happy with most of the canon DSLR's my father in law is a canon guy and after playing with some of my Nikon's he's seriously rethinking canon as well.

But you will find out that there are Canon people, Pentax People, and Nikon People and each are very hard to sway the other way LOL

Sorry for the novels LOL
Back to top Go down
FOC
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
FOC

PostSubject: Re: bored so I took out the camera, macro....   bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 8:50 am

thanks for the feedback! I checked reviews last night and so far the sony a330 and the pentax k-x are on top of the list. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bored so I took out the camera, macro....   bored so I took out the camera, macro.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bored so I took out the camera, macro....
Page 1 of 1