MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My non jeep project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

Number of posts : 601
Rig : yellow, six speed, vinyl, no carpet or rear seat
specs. : rubi takeoffs 2.5" RC spring lift
Registration date : 2009-02-09

My non jeep project Empty
PostSubject: My non jeep project   My non jeep project Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 11:13 am

Let me show u guys my latest project. It is most certainly NOT an ls motor or a revo motor, but it started out as a leaky header gasket on my sister's 4.6 SOHC 04 mustang GT, it had all the bolt ons but no internal mods. One of those, "hey while we're in here replacing the gasket, why don't we swap cams?" kind of thing. Worked on motors a lot over the years but never over head cam motors how hard can it be? That started in January and these pics were from this weekend. STEEP learning curve and lots of new shiny tools Smile Now the motor has a complete forged rotating assembly, some HUGE ass cams, new valve train, clutch, etc. and we finally dropped the motor in this weekend, hopefully finish hooking it up tonight.
My non jeep project 2m3qtqu
My non jeep project 15ohzdi
My non jeep project 1eazw6
I have to say I have always been skeptical of overhead cam benefits and you still can't convince me that the design, (at least in a v8,) is far superior to a pushrod v8, but I will say that once you know what you are doing they are a lot easier to work on than pushrod motors. One reason this project took so long is I got greedy, got huge cams, didn't even think about valve to piston clearance and f-d the valves up royally. With the correct size cams, you could do this on this motor in the car in about one afternoon. The hardest part will be removing the driver side valve cover. I will be sure to get you some vid and sound clips when we finish, hopefulyy either tonight or this weekend.
BTW not to troll, but I am way more of a LS motor guy. For about half the price I put into this motor I could be making a LOT more HP. But I will give it to the stangs and those huge ass exhaust valves, they sound mean as hell and you can't tell the 14 second ones from the 11 second ones, they all sound mean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lemonparty.org
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: My non jeep project   My non jeep project Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:09 pm

Wow- learned something new about Ben today! Impressive!
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My non jeep project   My non jeep project Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:51 pm

I was a chevy fan for a long time & still am. but when i got my f150 with the 4.6L and added flowmaster catback, gibson SS headers, CA intake, granatelli mass-air sensor & throttle body..... damn it sounded mean. that 4.6 has a sweet exhaust note. low grumble without the obnoxious popping. my f150 sounded better than my friends built camaro LS1. even he had to admit it and he's a diehard bowtie guy.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

PostSubject: Re: My non jeep project   My non jeep project Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 3:25 pm

I am not saying the 4.6 is the shit cuz it is a low displacement motor that takes a lot of moniez to make good power, but few will argue that a mod motor with headers and exhaust is one of the best sounding motors out there. Heard this motor running about 5 minutes when I bent all the valves and other than the sound of rockers fling off and scarring my cam lobes, it sounded beastly.

N2, glad I coul surprise you. I. Consider myself a pretrty big gear head and love all things mechanical. I think I told u but I also wrench on my vrod... that sounds so gay.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My non jeep project   My non jeep project Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 4:35 pm

It's your Vrod... you can wrench it as fast as you want!
My non jeep project Marisamillerharley
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

PostSubject: Re: My non jeep project   My non jeep project Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 4:41 pm

Did I mention its black?
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ennis Del Mar
Ben

PostSubject: Re: My non jeep project   My non jeep project Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 4:42 pm

Also for you yellow jeep haters out there, that was my mustang and notice the color of it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My non jeep project   My non jeep project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My non jeep project
Page 1 of 1