MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Date for TSJM

Go down 
+13
akonius
justinajeep
jeeperjennie
JK_JOE
Mr.RonGilbert
Dern
potlickinpirate
JK-fredd0
Bizarro
Hutch
Dutchboy101
TxRubiRig
jkx0778
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 6:22 pm

Ok, here's the deal. April 16 - 18th are out at BMRA. They already have that date contracted out for a closed park event (even though it's not on the calendar... last i checked). Acutally they have closed park events from Jan - April 2010.

They will not book a close park event Memorial Day weekend. That leaves.....

The New Date for TSJM is May 21 - 23

The cost will be $100.00 per rig.

This includes:
- Entry into the park Friday - Sunday for 1 rig - unlimited passengers
- camping for the weekend
- 2 extra port-o-potties at the campground closest to the pavillion (park only provides 1 per camp ground)
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 BBQ plates

This will be a closed park even, so Jeep Nation controls the gate.

extra t-shirts = $10.00 each
extra BBQ plates = $8.00 each

Here's where we need your help. We need at least 10 people to prepay to book the park.
We already have 3 from the executive board (me, Renee, & Jon). so we need 7 more.
Anyone interest can pm me or Renee. We need to lock in this date ASAP before anyone else does.
Back to top Go down
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 8:46 pm

I'll prepay, just tell me what to do
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 8:49 pm

$100...? kind of a big jump from last year. The whole reason we started this thing was to be an economical alternative to Jeep Jamboree.
Back to top Go down
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:20 pm

Hutch wrote:
$100...? kind of a big jump from last year. The whole reason we started this thing was to be an economical alternative to Jeep Jamboree.

That's what I was thinking. I am in the "probably not going" catagory because of the date and the price just tops it off. But I have a bad habit of going after I said I wouldn't go so who knows...
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 3:21 pm

The price is actually not bad compared to last year.
This price includes 2 free T-shirts and food for two.

Which makes it about the same price as last year.

As of today it is a 160 days until May 21st.
If you put a $1 per day away it will pay for itself.
Which is the same as skipping on two starbucks coffee per week.

What is key is that we can have the park to ourself, and that makes it worth it.
Quit whining and get with the program you cheap MF's. New Date for TSJM 560490
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

Number of posts : 812
Rig : 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara
Registration date : 2009-01-26

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 3:47 pm

i am in.. tell me where to pay.
Back to top Go down
potlickinpirate
Got No Life
Got No Life
potlickinpirate

Number of posts : 898
Rig : 73 cj5
specs. : lined the whole thing
Registration date : 2009-09-04

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 3:51 pm

I've got an idea Sasha, You put $.50 a day away for my entry and I'll come up with the $20, that would be even better. And I'll still air everyone's tires up! New Date for TSJM 260988
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 4:05 pm

potlickinpirate wrote:
I've got an idea Sasha, You put $.50 a day away for my entry and I'll come up with the $20, that would be even better. And I'll still air everyone's tires up! New Date for TSJM 260988

shit... i'll donate $20 to potlickinpirates fund... his rig airs tires up in like 10 secs each. (I'll buy a 20 pack for you sasha. co2 works pretty good too Smile )
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 4:19 pm

Hutch wrote:

jamboree is like $450 for a family of 4 no meals or $600 with meals. TSJM is $100 with 2 meals and 2 t-shirts. granted jamboree has more sponsors and all meals are an option, but i'd rather take care of that anyways and having sponsors should COST more money.

also...

$275 per person meals or $150 trails only - so TSJM is still cheaper by about half...
Back to top Go down
Dern
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Dern

Number of posts : 404
Rig : 07 Rubicon Unlimited
Registration date : 2009-04-01

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 6:15 pm

I'm in tell me what I have to do.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 6:29 pm

I will check the dates at work on Monday..... hopefully I will be able to work it out. BMRA is my favorite place!
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 10:54 pm

I'm in. Just tell me where to send the $$$.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Hutch

Number of posts : 524
Rig : Black '07 Unlimited X
Registration date : 2008-04-06

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 11:10 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
The price is actually not bad compared to last year.
This price includes 2 free T-shirts and food for two.
True but why include that in the price? Leave it as an option. Some of us go alone. Why do I need two shirts & two plates?

Oh and.......... New Date for TSJM 364449
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 3:48 am

maybe $80 for a Jeep with 1 plate and 1 shirt? just an idea....
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

Number of posts : 2929
specs. : Ahhhhh Missing A Few Parts!
Registration date : 2008-04-02

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 8:56 am

The only problem I see is: it being the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. Some will have to choose between wheeling on a 2 day weekend or a 4 day weekend. Yes, I agree there should be a package with out the t-shirts and meal. Too many single people on here who wont use the extra meal ticket. But No 100 bucks is not too bad....but can be spendy if you have a trip planned for the next weekend. I know it's gonna be tight for us. MOROC event one weekend, TSJM the next and Memorial Day ride the next. Wow 3 wheelin trips in 3 weeks. I better start saving $$$ now!

Note: YES, Jamboree is more expensive but you can not compare apples to oranges.
Here is something I copied from their web site
Sponsors

Thanks to our dedicated sponsors who donated over $250,000 in products last year for giveaways and prizes!
Many lucky Jeep Jamboree USA participants walked away with new products for their Jeeps.

We had what maybe $1000 in donations last year?

EVERYONE walks away with a door prize, they gave out about 10 winches last year I think, they had bumpers, lifts, gears and the list goes on. So you pretty much know going into it that your gonna come home with at least 350 bucks in prizes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockrash4x4.com
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 10:50 am

You mentioned the two issues I have with it. The date is really hard for me to attend. Mother's day, Memorial Day and this wheeling trip would make 3 travel trips for us. The option for the 2nd set of BBQ plate/t-shirt would be a good idea IMO. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to try and go but it is looking pretty bad for me mostly because of the date. When would the last chance to pay and get in be? at the gate or X weeks before the date?
Back to top Go down
JK-fredd0
Got No Life
Got No Life
JK-fredd0

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 12:27 pm

to pay $350 more to come home with $350 in giveaways doesn't make sense to me. although, if jamboree was cheaper, it would sell out faster. the attendence is always sold out or near sold out. in the end, i am sure it is there to make some money for someone...

jeeperjennie wrote:
The only problem I see is: it being the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. Some will have to choose between wheeling on a 2 day weekend or a 4 day weekend. Yes, I agree there should be a package with out the t-shirts and meal. Too many single people on here who wont use the extra meal ticket. But No 100 bucks is not too bad....but can be spendy if you have a trip planned for the next weekend. I know it's gonna be tight for us. MOROC event one weekend, TSJM the next and Memorial Day ride the next. Wow 3 wheelin trips in 3 weeks. I better start saving $$$ now!

Note: YES, Jamboree is more expensive but you can not compare apples to oranges.
Here is something I copied from their web site
Sponsors

Thanks to our dedicated sponsors who donated over $250,000 in products last year for giveaways and prizes!
Many lucky Jeep Jamboree USA participants walked away with new products for their Jeeps.

We had what maybe $1000 in donations last year?

EVERYONE walks away with a door prize, they gave out about 10 winches last year I think, they had bumpers, lifts, gears and the list goes on. So you pretty much know going into it that your gonna come home with at least 350 bucks in prizes.
Back to top Go down
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 1:37 pm

well almost everyone left with 350 in prizes! But some came home with 2000 in prizes plus you get to wheel Inks ranch which you never get to do any other time!

Like I said Apples to Oranges! Just can't compare the two!
Back to top Go down
justinajeep
Poster child
Poster child
justinajeep

Number of posts : 388
Rig : 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ
specs. : 2" budget lift with rough country shocks
Registration date : 2009-02-06

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:19 am

ok here is the flyer http://www.texassizejeepmeet.com/flyer.htm

it says
The cost will be $100.00 per rig
This includes:
Entry into the park Friday - Sunday for 1 rig
unlimited passengers
camping for the weekend
2 T-shirts
2 BBQ plates

OR

The cost will be $80.00 per rig
This includes:
Entry into the park Friday - Sunday for 1 rig
unlimited passengers
camping for the weekend
1 T-shirt
1 Dinner Plate

and extra t-shirts = $10.00 each
extra BBQ plates = $8.00 each

so if I go with the $80 option and get a extra t shirt and bbq plate it will be $2 cheaper than the $100 entry

[size=18]
Ok and you should only have one logo for the t-shirts, most companies will charge more for having two logos. If you order 50 of one logo and 50 of the othe, they might want to charge more to make the t-shirts where if you order 100 of the same logo it will cost a lower price…..
http://www.texassizejeepmeet.com/apps/webstore/products/show/415930
Back to top Go down
http://outlawjeep.webs.com/
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 2:38 pm

I think the two shirt options is a mistake. the 2nd option should be $85.00, but since it's posted, it stays.

Here the deal with the BBQ plates and t-shirts. last year we ran out of both. What ended up happening was Renee being the nice person she is, let ppl order shirts to be mailed later. problem was, she paid for some the shipping costs out of her pocket. This year, if you pre-pay for both in your entry, you are garaunteed to have them. Then it's first come, first serve.

don't forget, any $$ left over is going to charity - Texas Special Olympics. Is $2.00 extra is too much to donate to charity per rig/family? I guess we could scratch the donating to charity part, but that is one of the questions many sponsors ask, "what are you doing with money left over after all the expenses are paid? is the money left over going to charity?"

depending on how many ppl prepay, this will give us a good idea of how many ppl will be attending. knowing how many ppl are attending helps to attracts sponsors. sponsors = prizes to give to the attendees.

Thanks for all those wanting to prepay. The web store is open. when we get 10 prepaid entries, we will book the park for a close park event. hopefully by this week we will have the $$ that way N2rock or Geo or Jen can sign the contract when they go in Jan.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 4:50 pm

Richard,

The link you gave is only for T-Shirts. How do I prepay for the event?
I also need an XL & L shirt.
Back to top Go down
justinajeep
Poster child
Poster child
justinajeep

Number of posts : 388
Rig : 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ
specs. : 2" budget lift with rough country shocks
Registration date : 2009-02-06

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 7:32 pm

Thats not what I was saying plus you know that know one other than you,renee,jon,steve and me knew the club was donating to the special olympics till now. You need to add stuff like that to the TSJM web page or people are going to think why em I going to pay $100 when I can pay $98....
Back to top Go down
http://outlawjeep.webs.com/
jeeperjennie
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeeperjennie

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:59 pm

Richard have you guys already talked to someone at SOTX? Do you have any connections there? If not let me know. There are also other charity's that are in desperate need like Joy Ride, SIRE, and many others.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 10:26 am

I pre-payed yesterday. There is a hiccup in the system and it made me pay $120.
I happened because the T-shirts were added to the total afterwards.

Richard has PM'd me and is fixing the glitch and giving me back the $20.

I was also only able to just order one size of shirt. I need a Large and a X-Large.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Date for TSJM Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Date for TSJM   New Date for TSJM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Date for TSJM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next