MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scuba tank?

Go down 
+5
Deacon
Tvernon
akonius
Dutchboy101
GULF COAST PIRATE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 4:22 pm

Thinking of mounting one of my spare scuba tanks in the Jeep to re-inflate my tires after airing down. I will, obviously have to make a mount for it. Anyone else doing this? Advice, comments, concerns? Scuba tank? 389959
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 4:35 pm

Scuba tank would work well. I know George has that set up and he will give you better advice. Just make sure the tank is certified, as they won't fill it up once it passes a certain date.
If you plan on laying it flat in the back of the Jeep, you might want to make some type of hinge set up so it is easier to stand the tank upright.
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:43 am

Wth?!...huh! I was reading the original post and Mr. JKJoe was like "check out this other thread..." click the magic link and presto-zammo...another web page opens with the new link and it's the same exact post only now, Mr. JKJoe's post is gone and Sascha has mysteriously replaced him!

Joe - you shoulda said "Alakazoo - Alakazaam!" and the end of that link! Nice trick!Scuba tank? Character_184
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:36 am

Thanks Sascha. Yeah, I'm having it hydro'd and filled tomorrow for $40. After that, just to fill is $10. I decided on a scuba tank due to the wall thickness and overall durability. Plus, if anything ever happens to it, say in a collision, its filled with breathable air, so I wont have a jeep full of co2....
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

Number of posts : 300
Rig : 2007 JK
specs. : ------->
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 2:35 pm

plus its not combustable so you dont have to worry about anysort of explosion that might cause the thing to become a whole lot of shrapenal. whenever your gonna put the mounts in Kenny let me know; Im hella down to help.
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 3:00 pm

What? What's not combustible? Neither compressed air nor CO2 is combustible. In fact, some fire extinguishers use CO2.
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 4:41 pm

True plus u can use it to super chill beer super quick that's how we make hot beer cold in the stumps
Back to top Go down
GULFCOAST PIRATE PRINCESS
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULFCOAST PIRATE PRINCESS

Number of posts : 454
Rig : 1994 XJ Cherokee Laredo
specs. : Stock for now... :-(
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 5:14 pm

Mr. throttle wrote:
True plus u can use it to super chill beer super quick that's how we make hot beer cold in the stumps

ha ha sweet
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 6:12 pm

GULF COAST PIRATE wrote:
Advice, comments, concerns? Scuba tank? 389959

i have many........

1st ..........capacity

a 100scf tank holds (duh!) 100 scf of air at 14.7psi

a 20 lb co2 tank (roughly same size/weight) holds around 180 scf at 14.7psi

so given a tank the same size and more or less the same cost to fill (i pay 12.50 for my 20lber) i get twice as much gas

2nd saftey

a scuba tank is filled with just air..........air at what? 3000 psi?............imagine the damage a broken valve or ruptured tank could do....shrapnel city

a co2 system will boil off at just 300 psi if a valve is broke or ruptured

now, i agree a co2 bottle emptying itself in the car would be bad but it is going to be so loud you will know it is happening and be able to open a window
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 6:14 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
Scuba tank would work well. I know George has that set up and he will give you better advice. Just make sure the tank is certified, as they won't fill it up once it passes a certain date.
If you plan on laying it flat in the back of the Jeep, you might want to make some type of hinge set up so it is easier to stand the tank upright.

no i have a powertank co2 system...........and yes co2 has to be at least within 45 degrees of verticl to operate
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 11:01 pm

akonius wrote:
Wth?!...huh! I was reading the original post and Mr. JKJoe was like "check out this other thread..." click the magic link and presto-zammo...another web page opens with the new link and it's the same exact post only now, Mr. JKJoe's post is gone and Sascha has mysteriously replaced him!

Joe - you shoulda said "Alakazoo - Alakazaam!" and the end of that link! Nice trick!Scuba tank? Character_184

Sascha,

You got some "splaining" to do Scuba tank? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scuba tank? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba tank?   Scuba tank? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scuba tank?
Page 1 of 1