MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DIY CNC Parts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

DIY CNC Parts Empty
PostSubject: DIY CNC Parts   DIY CNC Parts Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2010, 1:10 pm

This is primarily for Geo, as him and I were talking about this a while back. But, I wanted to put this up here for anyone interested in making a CNC plasma, router, etc. Ahren, at CNC Router parts has a new cool product that lets you do extra-long runs inexpensively for CNC using a well-fashioned R&P drive.

Here's the link with some videos: http://www.cncrouterparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=50

You'd need one of these for each axis, plus some other stuff (a bit much to list out here), but I priced parts (and built a pretty much complete list), and it comes out to < $400 for each 6' axis, motors included (but not drivers, or BoB for computer) - you would just need to build the structure to link the moving side w/ the supported (rails/linear bearings) side - and of course, gantry structure, etc.

If anyone's interested in building a cnc plasma or such, let me know and I can give you the parts list I have to make these this cheap.

!c
Back to top Go down

DIY CNC Parts
Page 1 of 1