MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RR4X4 HD tierods for jk

Go down 
+3
jkx0778
Deacon
redneckhouston
7 posters
AuthorMessage
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

Number of posts : 1161
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : 26" spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers
Registration date : 2008-02-07

RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Empty
PostSubject: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:24 am

Hey guys (and gals)

I am going to be running off a batch of HD tie rods next week

1.5 dom tubing with heat treated cromo hiems on the ends, saftey washers and they will come with F911 hardware<------the best bolts money can buy

you will have to drill your knuckles to 5/8th inch for this upgrade

$175 plus shipping

edit, i can do these with factory style tierod ends, so the knuckles will not have to be drilled, but they will cost about $45 more and the ends will be MUCH weaker

Last edited by redneckhouston on Tue 09 Feb 2010, 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.ROCKRASH4X4.COM
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:48 am

Nice.

No JK here, of course, but nice nonetheless. I'd buy in otherwise Smile
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

specs. : 26&amp;amp;quot; spinners, curb feelers, and 6 15 in woofers

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:03 am

hey i can make them for tj's too, but the tj kit will replace the drag link also

tj or full jk steering pkgs ...............350$
Back to top Go down
Deacon
Got No Life
Got No Life
Deacon

Number of posts : 1482
Rig : '06 TJ
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:04 am

Well I've already got Currie's HD tie rod and drag link setup, so it doesn't seem like I'd be in need unless you can educate me otherwise...
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:24 am

Deacon wrote:
Well I've already got Currie's HD tie rod and drag link setup, so it doesn't seem like I'd be in need unless you can educate me otherwise...

no, your good..........the currie system ain't the very best but is plenty better than stock and a good upgrade
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:31 pm

redneckhouston wrote:
full jk steering pkgs ...............350$

is that with the HD ends? how does tha work on the pitman arm end?
also, for the $350 is that bare steel, rattle can, or powder coated?
Back to top Go down
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 9:42 pm

Just in time for tax return time!

Let's talk =)

(Wanna talk gears too)

!c
Back to top Go down
StormTrooper2005
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
StormTrooper2005

Number of posts : 74
Rig : TJ
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 11:15 pm

redneckhouston wrote:
hey i can make them for tj's too, but the tj kit will replace the drag link also

Will this work on a TJ with an Anti-Rock? I heard JK steering on a TJ would have to have the sway bar links on the TJ moved.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 11:21 pm

You still have any of these?

We might work something out when I bring it over on the 18th (3/18) so you can chop the front bumper!

Hey.... did I give you a heads up that I was bringing the heap over for you to chop the front bumper on the 18th? RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 11:33 pm

jkx0778 wrote:

is that with the HD ends? how does tha work on the pitman arm end?
also, for the $350 is that bare steel, rattle can, or powder coated?

that is with the hiem ends, you would have to drill the pitman arm and the knuckles........
and in bare steel

jkdrone wrote:
Just in time for tax return time!

Let's talk =)

(Wanna talk gears too)

!c

got your message, my phone is acting funky tonight......give me a shout tommorow

StormTrooper2005 wrote:
redneckhouston wrote:

Will this work on a TJ with an Anti-Rock? I heard JK steering on a TJ would have to have the sway bar links on the TJ moved.

no mods required to your heep eccept drilling out the knucles and pitman arm,,,,,,,

i will also garauntee/warenty these against breakage for life........with one condition, if my parts fail, and nothing else does i'll eat it......if you hit something hard enough to break the knuckle or pitman arm or steering box and it hurts my parts...you eat it
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 11:33 pm

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:
You still have any of these?

We might work something out when I bring it over on the 18th (3/18) so you can chop the front bumper!

Hey.... did I give you a heads up that I was bringing the heap over for you to chop the front bumper on the 18th? RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_scratch

no you dident'.......
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 11:47 pm

Hey...
I am bringing the heap over for you to chop the front bumper on the 18th... RR4X4 HD tierods for jk 3119
Back to top Go down
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 1:17 pm

redneckhouston wrote:

got your message, my phone is acting funky tonight......give me a shout tommorow

Will do!

!c
Back to top Go down
StormTrooper2005
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
StormTrooper2005

Number of posts : 74
Rig : TJ
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 9:10 pm

Im guessing this is still the knuckle under steering like my factory TJ steering is now just beefier? Would it be possible to do High steer set up on a TJ with no lift? Like this.

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeepott.html

Was ready to order this and decided to call these guys and was told I needed at least 2inch lift for this to work. Other wise there is not enough room under the front end. So that upgrade got shot down. If it is not possible and the only thing I can do is upgrade to stouter components then I am interested in the HD kit.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:15 am

StormTrooper2005 wrote:
Im guessing this is still the knuckle under steering like my factory TJ steering is now just beefier? Would it be possible to do High steer set up on a TJ with no lift? Like this.

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeepott.html

Was ready to order this and decided to call these guys and was told I needed at least 2inch lift for this to work. Other wise there is not enough room under the front end. So that upgrade got shot down. If it is not possible and the only thing I can do is upgrade to stouter components then I am interested in the HD kit.

zach, the factory tj steering is a "y" linkage....made of shitty materials....the toe changes dramaticly during suspension cycling

my set-up is a crossover setup, with the tie rod going from knuckle to knuckle and the drag link going to the pass knucle also, the tie rod will actually be a inch or 2 lower than it is now, but made of damn near the strongest tube money can buy, it will shatter rocks, and the steering will feel much tighter and "in control"

we could get the tie rod up higher than stock and thedrag link to the top of the knuckle , but you have to buy the teraflex pass knucle with high steer or a set of jk knuckles, brake calipers and caliper brackets......and build a bastard tj/jk d30
Back to top Go down
RubiconAg
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
RubiconAg

Number of posts : 40
Rig : 2004 TJ Rubicon
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010, 11:32 pm

Hey Geo, my TJ Rubicon is starting to 'walk' a little more than it used to. It also appears the inside of the tires are starting to wear more than the outsie. What is the most likely problem? Tie rods, knuckles, steering box? Money's pretty tight right now, but if I need new tie rods, I'd like to upgrade them.

Do you still have any of these for the TJ Rubicon, or do you make to order? I have the factory D44 and a Skyjacker RockLock swaybar disconnect, if that matters.

Thx.
Back to top Go down
redneckhouston
#1 asshole
redneckhouston

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 1:05 am

i would bet balljoints........but would really hhave to see it to be sure
Back to top Go down
RubiconAg
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
RubiconAg

Number of posts : 40
Rig : 2004 TJ Rubicon
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:20 pm

Hey Geo,

Do you have any of these TJ setups left? I'm probably going to be taking my heep down to my Dad's next weekend to get it checked out. I don't know yet if I need ball joints, tie rods or both... If I need to replace the tie rods, I'd like to get them by 4/21 so I can fix it when my dad and I get back from Talladega.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RR4X4 HD tierods for jk   RR4X4 HD tierods for jk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RR4X4 HD tierods for jk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: Vendors & Aftermarket :: Vendors-
Jump to: