MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I need help with some stuff...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
texas2386
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
texas2386

Number of posts : 72
Rig : '09 Wrangler Sahara
Registration date : 2009-09-06

I need help with some stuff... Empty
PostSubject: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 10:41 pm

Ok, I'm going to Big Bend Ranch State Park in March to do some 4WD-HC roads and camping out for 5 days/4 nights.

I was talking to a guy from the park and he said to definitely have a hi-lift jack, shovel, as well as some other basic stuff...

My main questions are: Where on a stock JK would you use as a lift point for a hi-lift? And where could I mount it? Also, does anyone know where I could get a rack that is above the spare tire? I have seen them on some pictures but not sure where I could get one...Last question: Which air compressor is a good one to have? I have been looking at a few different ones but just wondering which one ya'll would recommend?

Any other help with planning what I need is greatly apprecieated.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
RubiconAg
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
RubiconAg

Number of posts : 40
Rig : 2004 TJ Rubicon
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 11:17 pm

I have a TJ, so don't really have any specific info for your jeep. But, I live in College Station and have also been interested in making such a trip. Let me know if you'd want another Jeep on your trip. I'm currently trying to decide if I'm going to MegaRun, which is the first weekend of March, so not sure if our schedules would work out.

Not trying to force myself into your plans, just putting it out there. And, have I seen you around? I'm pretty active in TX4WD and we go out to BVORR 2nd and 4th Sundays for our meetings. The next meeting is 2/28.
Back to top Go down
texas2386
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
texas2386

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 11:34 pm

Hmmm, I'm sure you have seen me around, but then again there are quite a few stock Red Rock JK's running around here. I'm sure I haven't seen you around though, I would remember seeing your Jeep....its pretty BA!

Can anyone go out to the meetings? I would love to go out there and learn some stuff! Especially since I'm taking this trip!
Back to top Go down
RubiconAg
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
RubiconAg

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 11:41 pm

Sure, anyone is welcome. We're always looking for more folks to join us. We have trails of all difficulty levels and plenty people who can help you learn to navigate them. You can learn more about our club when you come out. If you like the group and you're really interested in wheeling, I'd suggest you become a member.
Back to top Go down
texas2386
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
texas2386

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 11:42 pm

Awesome, what time does everyone meet out there? I'm not going to be in College Station too much longer...I leave March 31st to go to flight school for the Navy...how much is membership?
Back to top Go down
RubiconAg
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
RubiconAg

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 11:45 pm

That's cool. Meetings start @ 2pm. Membership is free, but we try to give a $5 donation to BVORR on club meeting days.
Back to top Go down
texas2386
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
texas2386

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 12:04 am

Cool deal, is there a website with directions or anything?

And anyone have any advice or suggestions about the original questions?!
Back to top Go down
RubiconAg
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
RubiconAg

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 12:21 am

PM'd ya.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 12:17 pm

you should be fine without a hi-lift for lifting your jeep. I would get a 12" block of 4x4" wood. use it as a jack base for the stock jack to fix a flat. the hi-lift will work as a come-along in place of a winch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with some stuff...   I need help with some stuff... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help with some stuff...
Page 1 of 1