MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts Empty
PostSubject: Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts   Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 3:21 pm

I need to know the thread pitch and length for the bolts that hold the brake caliper (front) to the caliper bracket. The guys at the tire shop freaked out on me, but I figured I made it there just fine and well, I made it back to the office fine... But, now that I know one's gone, I'd rather fix it on the way home, rather than get on the freeway knowing my brakes are wonky!

So, does anyone know? That way I can just hit home depot, grab the right bolt (and, stupidly, a wrench as all of my tools are sitting on my garage floor right now) put it in and go. Of course, I'm perfectly capable of buying a wrench, coming back out and removing one of the other ones from the other side, and then taking that one back in - but I'd like to save time if anyone knows already!

Thanks!

!c
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts   Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 3:55 pm

I should know this as I lost one on the rear...just picked one up from Helfman and didn't even bother checking the size.
Back to top Go down
jkdrone
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts   Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 4:57 pm

terrahawk wrote:
I should know this as I lost one on the rear...just picked one up from Helfman and didn't even bother checking the size.

Sorry, had to run to a meeting after Geo called, but he gave me the specs:

8mm fine pitch, 25mm long.

!c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts   Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thread pitch and length for JK caliper bolts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Stock Options-
Jump to: