MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheel Offsets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kdog

Number of posts : 3
Rig : 2008 Sahara
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Wheel Offsets Empty
PostSubject: Wheel Offsets   Wheel Offsets Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 9:29 pm

I'm planning to replace the stock 18" wheels with 17" and Goodyear MT/R 35" on my '08 JK. If I install a 3" lift how much of a negative offset should the new wheels have to avoid any contact?
Also, is there a good place to shop for wheels with negative offsets? Most of my searches end up with zero offset.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Wheel Offsets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Offsets   Wheel Offsets Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 10:00 am

Forget "offset", what you are interested in is "back spacing". And anything less than 4.5" back spacing is what you need. I have 4.25" on mine
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Wheel Offsets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Offsets   Wheel Offsets Icon_minitimeFri 02 Apr 2010, 10:08 am

N2rock wrote:
Forget "offset", what you are interested in is "back spacing". And anything less than 4.5" back spacing is what you need. I have 4.25" on mine

Yep.... I gotta look up the thread about how to determine how much backspacing my wheels have. The Poly kit calls for a min of 4.5 and I think mine is a 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wheel Offsets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Offsets   Wheel Offsets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel Offsets
Page 1 of 1