MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four wheel parts

Go down 
+9
rxb0053
goldenboy
DangerMouse
TxRubiRig
CRUX
N2rock
Dutchboy101
Uup4it
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 2:45 pm

I called up 4wheel parts warehouse for some new tires today. I checked online so I knew their price beforehand and all I really needed to do was 1) are they in stock and 2) how much to mount/balance. My wife's WK CRD is getting a lift and some 265/70/17 tires. I've shopped around pretty heavily over the last few days and figured that since they have a local store it would be convenient to let them install the new tires even though their price with the current BFG rebate is still higher than for me to buy online and pay for shipping. With tax and everything the tires cost $834 from their website. To get them mounted and balanced it costs an additional $140!!!! WTF!!! We're not talking big honkin' rubber...just some plain old all terrain 32's. Jeeez.

When I questioned him on it, he put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and went over the charges. All I wanted to know was the bottom line and he did indeed confirm that was an additional ~$140 when it's all said and done. I told him "thanks but I'll have to pass" and he hung up the phone. WTF, over! There was no "well, what can we do to earn your business" or anything like that. Just the phone hanging up in my ear. Four wheel parts 467945
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Number of posts : 758
Rig : 07 2 door X Flamer 6 spd
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 3:13 pm

thebigtman wrote:
I called up 4wheel parts warehouse for some new tires today. I checked online so I knew their price beforehand and all I really needed to do was 1) are they in stock and 2) how much to mount/balance. My wife's WK CRD is getting a lift and some 265/70/17 tires. I've shopped around pretty heavily over the last few days and figured that since they have a local store it would be convenient to let them install the new tires even though their price with the current BFG rebate is still higher than for me to buy online and pay for shipping. With tax and everything the tires cost $834 from their website. To get them mounted and balanced it costs an additional $140!!!! WTF!!! We're not talking big honkin' rubber...just some plain old all terrain 32's. Jeeez.

When I questioned him on it, he put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and went over the charges. All I wanted to know was the bottom line and he did indeed confirm that was an additional ~$140 when it's all said and done. I told him "thanks but I'll have to pass" and he hung up the phone. WTF, over! There was no "well, what can we do to earn your business" or anything like that. Just the phone hanging up in my ear. Four wheel parts 467945

This does not surprise me, however, I just thought they were rude to the "potential" women customers. Their loss. Do you know who you spoke with?
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 4:07 pm

Check out Discount Tires, I know they price match and at least you can get the lifetime balancing and rotations.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 5:09 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:
Check out Discount Tires, I know they price match and at least you can get the lifetime balancing and rotations.

Plus 1

The lifetime balance & rotate is a huge plus in my book. I take advantage of mine, and have them balanced/rotated every 3000
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 5:53 pm

Dutchboy101 wrote:

N2rock wrote:
Dutchboy101 wrote:

Plus 1

The lifetime balance & rotate is a huge plus in my book. I take advantage of mine, and have them balanced/rotated every 3000

Plus 2 I have been DT loyal for as long as they have been in business. Very happy with them. I do kinda keep an eye on the guys when they are rotating my wheels, I make sure they use the same 5 tire rotation scheme. They sometimes forget to give you your wheel lock back and also I had to ask them where my center cap was for the spare, as long as that's the worst service I've received from them, I'm good to go. So, like most things, just give a once over before you leave.
Back to top Go down
CRUX
Forum-ban-hammer-er
CRUX

Number of posts : 3197
Rig : 2007 JK RUBI unlimited
specs. : 3.5 Rock Krawler X-factor mid arm
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 10:19 pm

Discount FTW! 4WP have ALWAYS been a bunch of tea baggers. I don't frequent that establishment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruzcreation.com
TxRubiRig
Rancho lift lover
TxRubiRig

Number of posts : 1278
Rig : black '07 Rubicon
specs. : 4.5" Long Arm, 35 KM2's
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 12:44 am

CRUX wrote:
Discount FTW! 4WP have ALWAYS been a bunch of tea baggers. I don't frequent that establishment.

but the SA JN Chapter seems to for some reason...lol
Back to top Go down
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Number of posts : 666
Rig : 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
specs. : Pro Comp lift, soft 8 wheels, 33x13.5x15 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 1:05 am

TxRubiRig wrote:
CRUX wrote:

I try not to.
Back to top Go down
Uup4it
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
Uup4it

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 7:04 am

TxRubiRig wrote:
CRUX wrote:

I go when they give away free stuff, don't spend my money there..........
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 9:06 am

i am also a loyal discount tire buyer. i had bolt in one of my tires on the jeep and because i had been a repeat customer the patched it for free even though i didn't get the tire from them. and they are all over the place so if i'm ever traveling i feel confident i can find one.
Back to top Go down
rxb0053
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
rxb0053

Number of posts : 61
Rig : 2011 JK Unlimted Rubicon
specs. : 2.5" OME lift, JKS front & rear adjustable trackbars, AEV Savegre wheels, 285/70/R17 KM2s
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 9:30 am

Antony's Planet Pickup in SA gave me a good price on some Nitto Terra Grapplers (295 70 R17s). I would check them out, I bet they'll price match as well.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 11:23 pm

I know that 4 Wheel Parts is not able to give good prices on tires and wheels, they just can't compete in the market on those items, sorry you had a bad experience, Discount Tire is awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 11:40 pm

I'm loyal to NTB. Everytime I go with NTB they not only match Discount's prices but they beat them. Last time I tried to order some tires thru Discount and they tried to stick me with the shipping fee of $75. Went to NTB and ordered the same exact tires and did not get stuck with shipping fees and beat Discount's price by $14.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 11:52 pm

Discount has moron employees.
4WP has moron employees, except on Westheimer.
NTW has moron employees.

All these places hire the WyoTech rejects.

There are lot's of smaller dealers that will give you a smokin' deal, you just have to look a little harder or hire somebody like me to do it for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 12:10 am

They all got morons working there.....you just have to have the patience dealing with them. I find that talking to them slowly can help a little bit. Still it reminds me of going to Autozone and asking the kid at the counter for blinker fluid. He actually spent half an hour looking for it until his manager told him it was a joke.
Back to top Go down
FeroxJB
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
FeroxJB

Number of posts : 28
Rig : 2009 Jeep JK
specs. : RC Lift; Currie Control Arms; JKS Adj front Trackbar; Pro Comp 6001 Wheels - 35x13.5 MT MTZ Tires - Added aftermarket power windows/locks
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 4:43 pm

The only thing that I use 4 Wheel parts for.. is when I buy something online from their website or from 4wd.com. That way I can just go to their store and pick them up and not have to pay for shipping.

There was a $500 difference between the price online and the price that they gave me at the store. 35x13.50x18 on Pro Comp 6001 18's. $2300 vs $2800!!!

I understand that they have to increase the price due to them being brick & mortar and I'm assuming they make comission, but $500 is a lot of money.

I bet they were giving me the stink eye when I came to pick them up from their store! =P

They have a couple good guys working over there.. and a few guys that try to stick it to ya too. I've not had bad service, just some price differences.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 3:09 pm

I do my business with 4wheel parts. I know all those guys and most are good people. Shoot they gave us two 8k winches and 500 bucks worth of gift cards for coming to there show and shine. As with all marginally profitable businesses you gotta know how to bitch to get what you want sometimes. I think if Big T makes his case to Chris-the manager, he will be well taken care of. Sales people make mistakes all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Four wheel parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four wheel parts   Four wheel parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four wheel parts
Page 1 of 1