MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?   Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 11:59 pm

I bought a rack a while back but I need to extend the legs/support so it clears my 33” spare tire. Is there anyone in the corpus area that has a welding machine that would be willing to weld some leg extensions to it?

Thanks!

Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? DSCF1975
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?   Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 1:38 am

What size is the tubing? Someone needs to just break down and buy a welding machine... Haha. Tvernon and I are trying to find one so we can build a set of rock rails for his Jeep. If we do, Maybe we can do your rack at the same time. I can do the welding, Just need the machine.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?   Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 8:27 am

I think its 1x1 square tube. Yeah I have been debating on buying one too but I can’t justify the cost right now since I have most of the stuff I need for the jeep. I am sure I can find a use for it if I get one but I rather wait.
Back to top Go down
toddandshari'sjk
Poster child
Poster child
toddandshari'sjk

Number of posts : 218
Rig : '08 JK Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?   Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 12:03 pm

I'm like Kenny,I can weld but have no machine,I did quite a bit of mig where I used to work but never really got very good at stick. I,too, have wanted to buy a machine but never really had reason until lately
Back to top Go down
Sauromalus
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Sauromalus

Number of posts : 31
Rig : 2008 Wrangler X
specs. : Stock, so far. Well changed out the rims and working on tires and other mods
Registration date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?   Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 8:56 am

Well, as I mentioned the other night. I happen to have a welder in Portland in my garage. I need to get it set up again but I will try and get that done this next week so that if we ever need one around here we have one available.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?   Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010, 9:03 am

Sweet deal! Thanks! I have a few things I want to weld. The rack in this post, maybe create a tire carrier for my trailer, and some other few things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?   Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone in the corpus area has a welding machine?
Page 1 of 1