MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gadget
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Gadget

Number of posts : 17
Rig : 87 YJ
Registration date : 2010-05-01

87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Empty
PostSubject: 87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs   87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 10:56 pm

Looking for 2 stock YJ front springs. I just put a shackle reversal kit on and noticed my springs are weak and sagging. I don't want to spend too much since in Aug or Sep I'm doing a lift but would like to get it on the trail soon and don't trust the ones on there. I'm in the Lackland AFB, San Antonio area and would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs   87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 1:24 pm

welcome to the forum. post up in the intro section and post up a pic or your rig and introduce your rig and yourself.

try an "add-a-leaf" from autozone. That should work, it's cheap, and you can use it on your next lift too.
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: 87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs   87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 3:03 pm

I would like to do that but the guys at 4WD Parts said I have a real bad weak spot, possible crack in one of them and recommend new or good used springs.
Back to top Go down
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Number of posts : 666
Rig : 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
specs. : Pro Comp lift, soft 8 wheels, 33x13.5x15 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs   87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 4:43 pm

Let one of the club members check it out for you first. Them 4WD Parts guys are money motivated and will sell you more than what you really need.
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: 87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs   87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 10:50 pm

Good idea. I just submitted a membership app to Jeep Nation and would like someone to take a look at it. Any takers?
Back to top Go down
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Number of posts : 666
Rig : 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
specs. : Pro Comp lift, soft 8 wheels, 33x13.5x15 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs   87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 10:57 pm

Most of the members are at K2 this weekend but give it time and someone will step up. If its driveable then you could drive it out to the BBQ contest being held in Floresville next Fri and Sat where a few members will be at.
Back to top Go down
Gadget
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
Gadget

PostSubject: Re: 87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs   87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 11:06 pm

Thanks for the info. I will try to get there. I will also take some pics tomorrow and post in the intro section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs   87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

87 YJ Stock Front Leaf Springs
Page 1 of 1