MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Magnetic Body Armor

Go down 
+15
terrahawk
Great Pumpkin
N2rock
redneckhouston
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
martij3
jkx0778
Uup4it
Renee10
JK_JOE
Mr.RonGilbert
Dutchboy101
xxXJohnny
jeetyet
JK4AER
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Great Pumpkin
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Great Pumpkin

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 2009 JK Unlimited
specs. : Sunburst Orange / auto / 4WD / half doors
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 1:20 pm

Another thought is a vinyl wrap. You could even go as far as having some kind of graphic printed up. It's the same stuff that they use on demo vehicles and race cars. I'm sure they have plain solid colors as well.
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 2:56 pm

martij3 wrote:
JK4AER wrote:
I know, kind of a silly question all together. I know you risk carnage when offroad, but it doesn't hurt to try and minimize it right? Why have sliders or other body armor? I definitely could take the doors off, I wouldn't want to do that though if my kids are with me, just don't feel comfortable without doors.

How old are your kids? I have a 12yr old daughter and sometimes

You neglected to say that she actually drives it with the doors off lol.

Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 100_1150
Back to top Go down
SASQUATCH
Poster child
Poster child

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 10:59 am

JK4AER wrote:
Not sure if this will "bring the ghey", but does anyone have experience with this? What I'm talking about is basically putting large car magnets on the doors to protect the paint. I know it won't help against a rock, but at least I won't cringe hearing the squeal of a tree branch against the black paint! I think there's stuff out there for the TJ, not sure about the JK. Didn't have any luck with a quick Google.

P.S. - I'm still a newbie and should be allowed at least one "wow this guy is an idiot" question! Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Thanks,
Art

Nothing wrong with you wanting to take care of your ride dude and on that note I have the perfect solution....

BACON WRAP IT! Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 BACONVINYL
Back to top Go down
NTX JK
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
NTX JK

Number of posts : 25
Rig : 07 JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : Stock except for some Smielys
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 9:45 am

If you are still interested in doing this, my buddy did his H2 with magnetic signs that cover's almost everything (he couldn't do the hood since it isn't metal). I am planning on doing this when I get the $$. I think he spent about 150 on the magnetic roll and he cut it out his self.
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 12:53 pm

Sas, what is it with you and Bacon? LOL.

Has anyone had any experience with that camoclad stuff? It looks cool, and I've seen on a local TJ, but never on a JK. wonder how well it holds up?
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 7:13 pm

Dude I got it for free check it out go to some kind of convention and hit up all the booth / vendors that have refrigerator magnets and plaster your jeep with them

Tada there you go
Back to top Go down
roadkill
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
roadkill

Number of posts : 97
Rig : 06 LJ Rubi
specs. : small lift, overline fenders and 35s
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 9:43 pm

bacon makes anything better. you could bacon wrap a turd and it would be the best tasting turd you ever tasted...only way to make that bacon wrapped turd taste better is to fry it in bacon grease...
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010, 11:58 pm

NTX JK wrote:
If you are still interested in doing this, my buddy did his H2 with magnetic signs that cover's almost everything (he couldn't do the hood since it isn't metal). I am planning on doing this when I get the $$. I think he spent about 150 on the magnetic roll and he cut it out his self.
Let me know once you start looking into it, I haven't really put much thought into this since my OP. Maybe we should just get your buddy with the H2 to go ahead of everyone to widen the trails!
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:38 am

Besides, adding magnetic sheets to you're Jeep will probably void your warranty. Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic Body Armor   Magnetic Body Armor - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magnetic Body Armor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2