MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Empty
PostSubject: 2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?   2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 5:58 pm

2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? IMG_0449

Dealer Installed this lift before I bought the Jeep, does anyone know if these are the stock shocks in the pic?

With this lift, can I stay with stock length? And have considered changing some day to maybe Rancho RS9000 Series?
The adjustable series if my number isn't right... Since I don't expect to do much or only mild off roading - I don't think I need to worry about breaking the "knob" off. The also have a remote control - anyone have any experience with it? And how does it work? Thanks....
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?   2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 6:19 pm

They look like the stock shocks.

Is it just the budget boost lift? If so you can run the stock shocks.

There are relocation bracket for them that go with the budget boost if you want them.

I ran a budget boost with stock shocks for quite a while and had no problems.

That silver thingy (sorry if I get too technical here) looks like some kind of extension that may be just screwed on to the stud on top of the shock.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?   2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 6:20 pm

Those look to be stock rubi shocks....

2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? 100_1883
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?   2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 9:28 pm

Looks like the Teraflex spacer lift with shock extensions
Back to top Go down
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?   2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 9:51 pm

"That silver thingy (sorry if I get too technical here) looks like some
kind of extension that may be just screwed on to the stud on top of the
shock."

Yes, that is an extension in the top. Rears have the adapter for them to do the same thing.

This is as much lift as I expect to go with. Is there any reason I would want to go with something else?
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?   2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jul 2010, 10:15 pm

testrat wrote:
"That silver thingy (sorry if I get too technical here) looks like some
kind of extension that may be just screwed on to the stud on top of the
shock."

Yes, that is an extension in the top. Rears have the adapter for them to do the same thing.

This is as much lift as I expect to go with. Is there any reason I would want to go with something else?

Should work as is if you aren't going to lift any more. Good thing about it is you can pick up stock shocks for cheap if you ever need to. I have a set sitting in my garage.
Back to top Go down
jonsjeep
Pathetic
Pathetic
jonsjeep

Number of posts : 2345
Rig : 2007 sahara unlimted
specs. : 5.5 rockkrawler mid arm with 39's rancho rear bumper pure jeep front bumper dana 44 front axle, no carpet and a funny dusty smell
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?   2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:42 pm

looks like stock shocks and teraflex shock extension on the top. if you are running under 3". you are all good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?   2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 Rubicon JK- Are these Stock Shocks?
Page 1 of 1