MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
liftd & lowrd
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
liftd & lowrd

Number of posts : 45
Rig : 2002 Wrangler APEX
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony Empty
PostSubject: Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony   Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 12:01 pm

I had the opportunity to REALLY test out my XRC10 winch over the holiday weekend. I was out at a friend's place in Pattison, TX. His dad keeps his RV/motorhome vehicle out there. It had SUNK into mud due ot the rains over the past week + the fact that they tried to drive it out prematurely and sunk the rear wheels just about down to the axle. We decided, what the heck....let's try the winch and see if it'll pull it out.
They had dug ruts behind the back tires so we tried pulling it backwards first. I set up with an anchor truck behind the RV and attached my snatchblock to it. We got it pulled out that way, but the ground was too soft and the RV started sinking again when it tried to drive on it's own power.

(Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. not my phone but apparently there are phones out there with crappier cameras than the iPhone LOL!)

Funny to see the difference in size between the HEEP and the RV
Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony RVRecovery1

Set up and in the process of pulling backwards
Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony RVRecovery2

Finally I repositioned and pulled the RV back forward. It had NO TOW POINTS so I hooked a chain to the front section of the chassis, connected the snatch block to the chain, and ran my winch line back to my front bumper....pulled it out with NO ISSUE!
Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony RVRecovery3
I was a little concerened at over heating/over loading the winch but man did it REALLY shine once we started pulling. This was also my official first time using a snatchblock. Now I know the winch can pull more than I thought it would be able to (w/ snatchblock).
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony   Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony Icon_minitimeTue 06 Jul 2010, 4:34 pm

Yeah if you ever passout watch out I've heard stories of jeeps winching them selves up trees at night
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony   Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 8:13 am

Wow- nice hard pull! How did you anchor yourself in that 3rd picture?

Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
liftd & lowrd
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
liftd & lowrd

Number of posts : 45
Rig : 2002 Wrangler APEX
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony   Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 9:06 am

N2rock wrote:
Wow- nice hard pull! How did you anchor yourself in that 3rd picture?

That was the part that REALLY surprised me...I didn't need to! I just set the E-brake, stood on the regular brakes and my Jeep didn't budge during the pull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony   Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smittybilt XRC 10 Winch Testimony
Page 1 of 1