MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo8408

Number of posts : 6
Rig : 2002 TJ
specs. : 3.25in RC lift with 33" Destination AT, I6 4.0L, SRC front and rear bumpers.
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets Empty
PostSubject: Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets   Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 11:50 pm

Okay so I am trying to move my mirrors to the body. I Bought new mirror mounts and thought it would be easy............well then I stripped my torx head bit and two bolts. I am curious if anyone here has done the same and whats the best way to get these torx bolts unscrewed? I think I am going to need to drill them out but not sure the best way to go about it. Any advice?

Thanks

Derrick
Back to top Go down
xxXJohnny
Got No Life
Got No Life
xxXJohnny

Number of posts : 1052
Rig : 2010 Challenger
specs. : Nemesis package
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets   Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 11:57 pm

Yeah I'd reccomend a screw extractor set if you have 1 if not swing by on sun. And I'll help you out
Back to top Go down
Echo8408

Number of posts : 6
Rig : 2002 TJ
specs. : 3.25in RC lift with 33" Destination AT, I6 4.0L, SRC front and rear bumpers.
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets   Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 1:31 am

Thanks for the advice. If i get done with my truck coil packs tomorrow and soccer tournament I can try to come by. If you dont mind pm me your name and phone number and or adress that would be great, thanks

Derrick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets   Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torx Bolts and Mirror brackets
Page 1 of 1