MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
testrat
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
testrat

Number of posts : 105
Rig : 2008 4Dr Rubicon Auto
specs. : Dick Cepeck Crusher Tires and Wheels, 5.38 Gears, Bomb Shell kit and C-gussets, Tom Woods 1350 drive shafts
Registration date : 2010-05-14

2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -  Empty
PostSubject: 2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -    2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -  Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010, 7:41 pm

Since I now have slightly bigger wheels and tires, I'm sure stopping distance is increased, plus I pull a trailer around on a regular basis (single axle, 12' w/o brakes), I suspect larger rotors and heavier calipers would be of benefit. Whats the word on where to look, &/or what to look for. And vented for the rear? Tire size - I think, is LT315/r70-17 - if I am remembering right - dick cepek tires and wheels. Thanks... Ok, this isn't really rolling rubber, but its stopping them. Or trying tooo. 2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -  Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -    2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -  Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010, 9:56 pm

Rebel Off road sells a kit. I don't know much about it. I know a guy that has it and says that it feels better.

http://www.rebeloffroad.com/F_P_Brakes.html
Back to top Go down

2008Rubi JK If I were to go bigger brakes -
Page 1 of 1