MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this your First Jeep?

Go down 
+14
Bizarro
akonius
jeff.lyon3
DangerMouse
HippyJeepChick
jflys yj
CRUX
MudHound
Hutch
Dutchboy101
jonsjeep
N2rock
Duke
jeeperjennie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 12:58 pm

97 TJ
46 CJ2
48 CJ2
01 Cherokee
07 JK
Back to top Go down
akonius
Got No Life
Got No Life
akonius

Number of posts : 845
Rig : '08 4dr JK
specs. : 2.5 BB w/9550's, XRC8 winch, 35"x18" Nittos and a bunch of other stuff...
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 3:16 pm

Yep...1st Jeep for me. Me and Joanny were talkin about getting something for me that saved on gas better than my '04 F-150 (during the gas crunch) and I was like, "I'm not getting a Civic or something...!". SO...we were having this conversation over lunch at Rubi Tuesdays on I-10 and when we left, a Detonator Yellow 4dr parked right next to my F-150! I was like "WOW...that thing is awesome, and it saves gas! It's a 6 cylinder!..hehe". We literally went across the street to Archer Jeep...looked at all they had...traded in my F-150 on the spot...and drove home in my new, fuel efficient Jeep! Loved it like no other vehicle I've ever had and still do!

Irony is that I'm now down to 14mpg after all the stuff I've done to it! where my F-150 was 10mpg! It's still better on gas though! hehe!

previous 4x4's:
'87 Chevy Blazer

current 4x4's:
'08 JKU
'98 Explorer Sport
Back to top Go down
http://www.akonius.com
Bizarro
Golden Child
Bizarro

Number of posts : 614
Rig : Yellow '08 JK 4 door
specs. : 3" Teraflex lift, 35x12.5x17 KM2
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 4:09 pm

Hutch wrote:
My first.
I have always wanted one & 4 doors made it a practical vehicle for a guy with two kids. :driving:

Exact same thing. heh Always wanted one. Even went throught a motorcycle phase. Sold that when I had my first kid. Got the 4 door jeep next chance I could.
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 11:49 am

second for me although technically i didn't own the first. my family had a 76 cj5 on my grandparents property and i needed something to drive so i drive that for couple of years in high school before i got a mini truck and went down that road. then i totaled that into the back of a suburban and drove the cj for a few more years till my grandmother, who was paying my college tuition got scared i was going to flip it and die, bought me a car. now like everyone else, 4 doors make the jeep more practical for me. and personaly i think the jk is the best looking since the cj. so here we are today i can't believe it has taken me so long to get one. i really miss that cj, i learned how to drive in that thing sitting on my dads lap shifting and steering cause i couldn't reach the pedals.
Back to top Go down
Chuck

Chuck

Number of posts : 8
Rig : 2009 JK Unlimited X Black
specs. : this, that, dents and scratches
Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 1:45 am

First Jeep for me. Impulse buy.
Back to top Go down
N2rock
UBER ass wipe
N2rock

Number of posts : 3056
Rig : '07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:16 am

Funny this thread was dug back up...

I read this, and at the time it was a joke/wishful thinking

N2rock wrote:
HippyJeepChick wrote:
No plans on upgrades right now. Steve still has alot he wants to upgrade on his still so that's where the money will be going. That's fine with me though. Now if only he would get some bigger tires then I could have his mud tires. Smile

Wow!!! I'm gonna go get some 35's this weekend now!!

I wish :!:

2 weeks later I was rolling on 35's LOL
Back to top Go down
http://n2rock.com
bob_prtda
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
bob_prtda

Number of posts : 78
Rig : 81 CJ5
specs. : Stock, but working my way up
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 10:13 am

First Jeep, Bought it 11 years ago when I was 15 and it just keeps hanging around.
Back to top Go down
tehiv
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
tehiv

Number of posts : 21
Rig : 07 JKU
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 4:50 pm

4th Jeep here.

1st was a '98 TJ. Owned 13 months - traded it in on a Plymouth Prowler the same week my wife got pregnant with our twins. doh!

2nd was a '97 XJ - to handle the needs of transporting twins since I'm driving a 2 seater sports car - owned 7 months - traded both vehicles on a gigantic SUV (huge mistake)

When it was time to downsize again (twins are 5 at this point), traded in on the 3rd Jeep:
3rd was an '05 TJ - owned 15 months - got pregnant AGAIN!! eek

Now I need 3 car seats... so...
Traded TJ in on the JK 12/31/08 - 3rd child born 1/6/09

But, I got a m/c when the twins were 18 months old and I still have that. Very Happy
And I will have a CJ at some point. Love those. I feel the need to restore something. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this your First Jeep?   Is this your First Jeep? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this your First Jeep?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2