MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...

Go down 
+19
muskrat love
JK4AER
jeff.lyon3
Chris
ccedwin
outcast
potlickinpirate
akonius
Uup4it
RiverCityOffroad
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Renee10
goldenboy
lnufnu
The Raven
terrahawk
jkx0778
Dutchboy101
Mr.RonGilbert
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 7:00 pm

Looks sharp!
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 7:23 pm

jkx0778 wrote:
Thanks Ron for talking me into the Tuffy deck Evil or Very Mad One more damn thing I have to save up for lol!

btw did you go with the full corners or the short ones like Jody's?

I bought N2Rock's mopar trunk a few years ago so I wasn't in a big hurry to get the Tuffy... I kept pushing it back because of that. I wish I had bought this thing a long time ago. More space, better construction and more secure. Plus you can store a hell of a lot more on top of the Tuffy. I just had some chairs and a little cooler on the Mopar trunk and it bowed... You will be happy if you get it.

I went with the full corners, hope they ship soon.... might add the rocker protection later on, that will bring the armor all the way to match up with the rears... I have some damage to hide on one side, that was the deciding factor for the full corners...

Back to top Go down
ccedwin
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
ccedwin

Number of posts : 43
Rig : 2011 Wrangler Unlimited
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 12:22 am

Jelous!!! weldor
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_171096429572502&ap
ccedwin
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
ccedwin

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 2:41 pm

btw, How much did it cost total to have the interior of your jeep line x'd or rhino lined. How is it holding up?
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 11:31 pm

ccedwin wrote:
btw, How much did it cost total to have the interior of your jeep line x'd or rhino lined. How is it holding up?

$550.

But that was with me ripping everything, and I mean everything, out of the heap. It was a pita. It is still a bunch of work to tape everything off and prep but its money saved in labor that helps.

No idea how it will hold up in the Jeep but I have had it in the bed of every truck that I have owned (since it came out years ago) and have abused it pretty hard. I don't think it will ever be an issue any cuts/gouges can be touched up. I will hit the bottom with some POR15... Should be pretty well protected inside and out after that.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 11:33 pm

Brightness ensues..... Jeebus.... THANKS TO MARCUS AT RIVER CITY OFFROAD for the hookup on the Lightforce lights!!

The spots are crazy bright, the HIDs are unreal. The light from the HIDs seemed to go on forever. All the way to the end of my street which is about a half mile. It was lighting up houses that far down. I pointed them down a little so they cover the road as best as possible. The spots went on the windshield and cover the sides of the road. The whole package together is nuts.

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 482f8bc1-ce37-ec0d

Just headlights
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 482f8bc1-ce6f-7e1c

Headlights and spots
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 482f8bc1-ce93-e3db

Headlights and HIDs it is hard to see in the photo bit the light goes forever.
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 482f8bc1-cf0a-50d0

Everything but the fogs...
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 482f8bc1-d10e-d01d
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 9:05 am

Can't wait to see the corners. please post LOTS of pics of them before, during, and after install. I'm torn right now on which ones to get after X-mas. I'm curious to see their fit on the top, bottom, and around the wheel wells. I'm anal about what goes in/on my jeep and those are some serious coin to boot.

I'm heavily leaning towards RR because they have stout corners and Kenny is a great guy. As busy as he is, he's prolly spent about an hour total answering different questions I've had about his products, ideas for my jeep, upcoming products, and just b.s.-ing about jeeps.

Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:34 am

jkx0778 wrote:

I'm heavily leaning towards RR because they have stout corners and Kenny is a great guy. As busy as he is, he's prolly spent about an hour total answering different questions I've had about his products, ideas for my jeep, upcoming products, and just b.s.-ing about jeeps.

I could be convinced to sell you my crusher corners.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 2:22 pm

terrahawk wrote:
jkx0778 wrote:

I could be convinced to sell you my crusher corners.

you going to full corners? I'm leaning towards full corners right now. my idea is full coners w/no flares. if I go shorty corners, then i'd likely get tube fenders with them. couldn't swing the coin unless I got some crazy a$$ deal I couldn't pass us on the corners Wink balancing
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 8:10 pm

Looking through I realized that I only posted pics of seat covers outside of the Jeep. I am very happy with the Iggees, they look great and are inexpensive.

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-03083115-2

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-03083136-2

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-03083146-1

The Drake shifters offset the black a little...

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-03083024
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 8:46 pm

That is a sexy bitch!! Yes you are sexy!!!!!!!!! sportsmiley
Back to top Go down
terrahawk
Got No Life
Got No Life
terrahawk

Number of posts : 1593
Rig : 2007 Sahara dos puertas
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 9:50 am

Quote :

you going to full corners? I'm leaning towards full corners right now. my idea is full coners w/no flares. if I go shorty corners, then i'd likely get tube fenders with them. couldn't swing the coin unless I got some crazy a$$ deal I couldn't pass us on the corners Wink balancing

Comp cut stage one.

$300.00 for the corners might be able to work a deal on the rear tube fenders too.
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 9:21 pm

If RROR takes too much longer I will cancel the order and get the PSC ones....
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 9:22 pm

Got home about 4:30 from the deer camp (didn't shoot anything) and needed to work out some frustration after a football game...

Got the snorkel and the front recon lights installed. The Recon lights were simple plug and play, just reached in and pulled the lenses and bulb out and pushed the Recon's in and plugged'em up. Will install the resisters later.

It was dark when I got done so the installed pics are not so good....

They are nice and dark in the daytime and nice and bright at night:
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-07181144

The snorkel was very easy - the best part is taking a cutoff wheel to the hood. My wife thought I had lost my mind. (lost it a long time ago actually)

Cut the template and measure it twice...
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-07161746

Marked off...
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-07161922

Made the cut and then painted the edges...
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-07164305

Test fit before snugging bolts and give the paint some time to dry..
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-07172050

Snugged everything down, this thing is nice and tight - added some thread locker to the bolts. I pulled the tape off and installed some new tape so I could mark the spots to drill for the trim ring.
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-07173000

Trim ring ready to be installed, the rivets make it look nice and clean IMO.. (unlike the jeep)
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 2010-11-07174003

Done, it took me about an hour and a half. Could have done it quicker if I was better at organizing my tools. They were sorted when this (re)build started a month ago, now it is a big mess in the garage.

Apologies... the Jeep needs a bath... now that I have my snorkel installed I can go take one in it
My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 PB073847

Will get some better pics later. I added some RTV around where the snorkel fits into the air box, nice tight seal. I have a little cleaning up to do.

Also - the AEV snorkel works just fine with the RROR limb risers and any type of windshield lights. Twisted Evil No
Back to top Go down
ccedwin
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
ccedwin

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 1:47 am

nice!
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 2:49 pm

Better pics... And I gave her a bath on the way to work.

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 20ab1eae-14dd-ee99

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 20ab1eae-1504-645b

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 20ab1eae-151d-c547

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 20ab1eae-153c-d069

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 20ab1eae-1559-15e2
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 2:50 pm

Found a piece of rubber door seal that fit in the little gap between the hood and thrle snorkel body. Cleans it up a little.

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 20ab1eae-42ed-00ec
Back to top Go down
jeff.lyon3
Pathetic
Pathetic
jeff.lyon3

Number of posts : 2295
Rig : 07 Unlimited
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 9:43 pm

Lookin good!
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 11:08 pm

Nice!

What are the wires from the hood to the top of the window? I see that every now & then. Best I can figure is to push brush up and over, but I dunno, I'm kinda slow...

Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 11:28 pm

matinau wrote:
Nice!

What are the wires from the hood to the top of the window? I see that every now & then. Best I can figure is to push brush up and over, but I dunno, I'm kinda slow...

You nailed it, they are limb risers...
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 11:28 pm

Will finally get to the underside this Thursday...

Poly LA kit....
Fox 2.0 resi shocks...
RROR Skids....
Poly drive shafts...
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 11:31 am

damn Ron, things are coming together nicely. it was a sexy trail machine before, but now looks like a hot a$$ trail machine.
Back to top Go down
ccedwin
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
ccedwin

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 6:33 pm

Kinda wishing mine looked like that right about now. Exxon sounds like a pretty promising place to work along with the military "lottery" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 9:31 am

Mr.RonGilbert wrote:

You nailed it, they are limb risers...[/quote]

when you need to open the hood how hard are thoe to take off?
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 10:07 am

any update on the corners ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...   My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My JK Makeover..... soon..... very soon...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: JEEP TECH :: Modified Tech-
Jump to: