MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

diff fluid level

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

diff fluid level Empty
PostSubject: diff fluid level   diff fluid level Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:44 am

I changed my diff fluid yesterday for the first time just by the drain plug and didn't remove the cover since i didn't find anything in the oil for concern. when i filled it up it didn't take anywhere near the amounts i found online, 1.4 pints for the front and 2.35 for the rear. the front took less than one and the rear took less than 3 before the oil started to come out of the fill hole. is there some way that the amount of oil differnece was left in and on the parts inside the diff? are the amounts i found online incorrect? do i need to let it settle then top off again?
Back to top Go down
JK4AER
Poster child
Poster child
JK4AER

Number of posts : 292
Rig : '08 Black JKU Rubi
specs. : Loaded with two carseats!!!
Registration date : 2009-11-01

diff fluid level Empty
PostSubject: Re: diff fluid level   diff fluid level Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:30 pm

I did mine a couple months ago and it was about like what you described. I used the write-up on JKF which says to fill it up until it starts to come out of the fill hole (if you have stock diff covers). I bought 4 pints and only used 3 between the two diffs.
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

diff fluid level Empty
PostSubject: Re: diff fluid level   diff fluid level Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 8:38 am

if you used 3 you used more than me. i still have a little left in the 3rd bottle.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

diff fluid level Empty
PostSubject: Re: diff fluid level   diff fluid level Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 11:29 am

my front 44 took aboout 2 bottles yesterday, but I have a riddler diff cover with the raised fill hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

diff fluid level Empty
PostSubject: Re: diff fluid level   diff fluid level Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

diff fluid level
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: Welcome Fellow Jeepers! :: HELP!-
Jump to: