MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May be moving to SA

Go down 
+6
Hook-Em
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Chris
lonestar rubi
outcast
Icemanii
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Icemanii

Icemanii

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-11-20

May be moving to SA Empty
PostSubject: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 10:24 am

Site was recommended to check out. May be moving to SA for work (waiting on the company to decide if they want to hire me or not). Having never been in that part of TX, just doing some reading and research on the area.

Doing a lot of reading on housing in the area (will rent at first to see if job works out and where I want to live), wheeling in that area, roads to ride my motorcycle on, etc.

Few things I have learned so far is that wheeling will be a lot different than here in the Great Lakes area (think mud and woods). Weather will take some getting used to in the summer. And the bad news, vehicle inspections.

Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 10:52 am

welcome to the forum. TX rocks!

let us know if you're coming down, and if so what side of town you'll be working. between all the good people here, we can help you find the right places for everything.

Back to top Go down
Icemanii

Icemanii

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 10:57 am

Thanks matinau, will let you guys know. Company is dragging their feet a bit on hiring, hopefully it is just due to the holidays.

Like what I have seen so far for wheeling in TX.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 11:27 am

Hope you make it to Texas. There is a lot wheeling to be done, no matter what you like to do.

Not everyone deserves to be born Texan but everybody deserves to at least live here!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:13 pm

Howdy Dammit! Welcome to the forum. Your not going to meet a better bunch of people this side of the Pecos! You can go from mud to clay to rocks to sand and still be on the same ranch! Hope you make it down Texas way! Happy holidays! santa
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:22 pm

Welcome to the site and good luck with the new job!

I grew up on Lake Erie and know the wheeling you speak of. I've been in Texas since 2002 and it's been very good to me. There are lots of great areas around SA to consider. If you have kids in school, there are some really great schools in this area. I'm not sure what your price range is but the good thing about Texas is that the cost of living is cheaper than what you have now and the homes are still pretty inexpensive when compared with other areas of the country.

BTW, don't sweat the vehicle inspections. They are pretty easy. SA doesn't have an emissions test, just a mechanical/safety inspection.

Let us know how we can help.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 2:14 pm

Welcome to MyJeepForum and we hope you get down here real soon. This is a great bunch of folks.
Back to top Go down
Icemanii

Icemanii

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 3:10 pm

Thanks for the nice welcome, I am hoping it all works out, just trying to get the 'T's crossed and the I's dotted so i can head out.

Tim, where at on Lake Erie did you grow up? Myself, I am originally from Erie, PA, and have done a lot of travel along the lake.

Back to top Go down
DangerMouse
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
DangerMouse

Number of posts : 666
Rig : 2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
specs. : Pro Comp lift, soft 8 wheels, 33x13.5x15 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 3:47 pm

Glad you made it over here buddy. That other site is just huge and not everyone checks the Texas forum there. Again hope to see you down here. We got the Hill Country for the bike.....you must ride the Three Sisters!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Icemanii

Icemanii

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:18 pm

DangerMouse wrote:
Glad you made it over here buddy. That other site is just huge and not everyone checks the Texas forum there. Again hope to see you down here. We got the Hill Country for the bike.....you must ride the Three Sisters!!!!!!

Thanks DM, yeah glad you pointed out this site, looks like what I needed to know.

Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:32 pm

Welcome to the forum. great peeps on this site< and good wheeling to be done.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 7:52 pm

Iceman,

We're neighbors! I'm from Ashtabula County just across the line from you. I'm sure we've wheeled in many of the same spots. I have some friends who are part of Erie Jeep People.

I'll buy you a beer next time I see you and we can discuss NE Ohio/NW PA wheeling.
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 9:39 pm

Hope you can make it dwon, we are crossing our fingers
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
Icemanii

Icemanii

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 10:17 am

Yeah, remember that area well, still go back to see family in Erie all the time (only a short 5 hour drive from here in MI).

Being from Ashtabula, you must have spent time at Conneaut Lake, Pymatuning Lake and Dam area, and probably at least a few times went to the pennisula in Erie, eh?

Always enjoyed riding the motorcycle on the back roads in the NE Ohio/NW PA area, just had to watch for the Amish buggys.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 2:47 pm

good luck with the J-O-B. hope to see you down here soon.

Luckily adjusting to the summers prolly won't be as bad as your winters. Just gotta get used to turning ON the A/C What a Face
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 8:46 pm

Any word yet on the job?
Back to top Go down
Icemanii

Icemanii

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 7:59 am

lonestar rubi wrote:
Any word yet on the job?

Will be arriving in SA on the 27th. Bad news is may not be bringing the CJ right away as we tore up the motor a bit. Mad

May only have the motorcycle to start, but will see. Have 2 weeks to get it ready again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May be moving to SA   May be moving to SA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

May be moving to SA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyJEEPforum.com :: Welcome Fellow Jeepers! :: Introductions-
Jump to: