MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Shell (PINS) clean-up

Go down 
+2
RichSATX
r_unda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

Number of posts : 794
Rig : 1998 Jeep Wrangler
specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Empty
PostSubject: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 10:51 pm

Guys,

Big Shell (PINS) clean-up is on Saturday March 19th. I volunteered last year and I had fun. I want to see who else is interested.

It starts at 7am and ends around 2pm depending on the amount of trash and how far down the group goes (last year our group was done around noon).

I would like to see Jeep Nation there, at least Corpus Christi and near surrounding areas members. We enjoy the park often and I think we should give back by helping with the clean-up.

We can meet early (6:30am) at the same spot we always meet to go to the beach. At the bank parking lot across the Valero gas station.

After the clean-up we can either go back to the parking lot for food or keep driving down to the end. It will be up to the group but I would like to drive to the end.

Here is the link:
http://www.billysandifer.com/cleanup.htm

Let me know who is interested.

Raul

Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

Number of posts : 187
Rig : 03 Wrangler Sport
specs. : 2.5 Lift 33's
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 9:14 am

My wife and I and our 14 yo will be there. We can bring our F350 and a large trailer hauling the Jeep. I will haul trash with the trailer. This is a great cause and I hate to see PINS filthy when we make runs to the pass. I haven't pulled the big trailer on sand with a load, I'm wondering how much weight I can haul out without burying the Super Duty?
Back to top Go down
GULF COAST PIRATE
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
GULF COAST PIRATE

Number of posts : 697
Rig : 2010 JK unlimited
specs. : changing daily...
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 2:03 pm

I'll be in Hotsprings for my honeymoon that weekend, Otherwise I would be all over it.

Rich, as long as you air down you shouldn't have a problem with the load.

It would be nice to see the CC chapter really pitch in and give back. Big Shell and the Padre Island Nat. Seashore is right in our back yards. We get to enjoy it year round to fish, camp, swim and wheel. Its a wild beach. Not a leveled, maintained tourist beach with condos and 37million people crammed into every quarter mile. There is no other place like it in the U.S. I think we could spare a day to clean up the crap that washes up there, so we dont have to look at (or dodge) it the next time we visit. This would also be a great opportunity to get together afterward as a club.

Perhaps if most of us cant make it, we could schedule a JN clean up day ourselves. The park authority supplies the trash bags.

-Kenny
Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 3:26 pm

All sounds good. We have went to the pass many times. We actually drove it twice on our honeymoon! Love the lack of any human influence there. We fish, camp, shell hunt, and just have a good time. The F350 is 4X4 and has some pretty good sized tires so I think I will be ok towing a loaded trailer. We'll bring the TJ too.
Back to top Go down
roadkill
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
roadkill

Number of posts : 97
Rig : 06 LJ Rubi
specs. : small lift, overline fenders and 35s
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 1:26 am

Raul, let me check the calendar, I may be up for trip in the F350 for this...
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

specs. : 2.5L-4 Cyl., 33x10.5 BFG's Mud tires, 2.5 in. lift springs, 1.25 in. BL, 1 in. MML, 4.88 Gears, Front Powertrax No-Slip, Rear E-Locker, Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Tera Low & 2Low, UCF Tummy Tuck, etc

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 8:46 pm

Cool! Thanks guys!

Kenny, Yeah i figured you were going to be busy. Congrats man!

Rich, if you want to bring the trailer to haul trash you can but last year they had plenty of tractors hauling trash. All we really did was to pick trash up, set bags to a side so they could pick it up.

Scott, hope you can make it man! let us know!

Any additional volunteers? I am sure we will do something fun after the clean-up! (Suggestions welcome!)

Back to top Go down
beachedjeepyj
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
beachedjeepyj

Number of posts : 33
Rig : 88 wrangler
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 12:34 am

Ill try to make this one, just have to see how my schedule is like then.
Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 8:36 am

Crap.......
I just looked at our calender! That is opening weekend for the Spring Turkey Season at our ranch. The hunting is not that important to us but we need to be there due to poaching. We have had poachers in the past, and we have tracked people setting up on our property for this season, they even cut out areas to sit in brush clumps. We need to be there to hold them for the game warden. We really wanted to go for the PINS cleanup, but gotta protect our property.
Back to top Go down
Third Wave
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Third Wave

Number of posts : 76
Rig : 2010 Rubicon Unlimited
specs. : 4" Rancho lift. 315/70/17 Duratracs on V-Tec Raptor wheels
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 12:22 pm

I will be there. I've been going for many years.

Maybe we can make sure and get in the same group.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 2:57 pm

Third Wave wrote:
I will be there. I've been going for many years.

Maybe we can make sure and get in the same group.

We can always set a place and time to meet like the bank parking lot on SPID with 361 across the Valero gas station (same area the group always meet to go the beach) or right after the park entrance on the parking area on the right.
Back to top Go down
Third Wave
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Third Wave

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 2:59 pm

I'm in for sure.
Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 8:39 pm

Well guys it looks like I might not make it for this year cleanup. I would let you know if things change.
Back to top Go down
Third Wave
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Third Wave

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 10:24 am

Did you settle on a meeting place?

Back to top Go down
r_unda
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
r_unda

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 12:15 pm

No, sorry. I dont think I will be able to make it.
Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011, 7:18 am

How did the cleanup go?
Back to top Go down
Third Wave
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Third Wave

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 3:52 pm

The clean up went well. Best weather in years.
I figured that would have brought the crowds out.

From what I saw, it was a so so attendance.

However, that being said, we still managed to pick up a lot of trash.
The beaches were free of large debris, it was mostly just plastic bottles this time. The turtles had bitten into most of them unfortunately.

Back to top Go down
RichSATX
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
RichSATX

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitimeFri 01 Apr 2011, 5:30 pm

Glad to hear that it went well. I wish we could have made it, but poachers required us to be at our ranch. We are about to leave right now to go work on our boat and spend the weekend at Port A.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Shell (PINS) clean-up   Big Shell (PINS) clean-up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Shell (PINS) clean-up
Page 1 of 1