MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CB Install???

Go down 
+4
JK_JOE
sbfirekid
lonestar rubi
TAZJEEPGIRL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

Number of posts : 91
Rig : 08 JK Wrangler Rubicon RED 2DR
specs. : Banks Cold Air Intake, OR Fab Front Stinger w/Winch, Trail Mods, OR Fab Rear Rock Slider Bumper, OR-FAB Swing-A-Way Tire/Can Carrier, Terraflex 4" Suspension lift with Bump Stops, Method Wheels and 35" of meat
Registration date : 2010-10-20

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 6:52 pm

Ok folks, I need help with my CB Install and accessory purchase. I purchase a Cobra CB (https://www.cobra.com/detail/19-dx-iv-compact-cb-radio.cfm) and don't make fun of my cheap a** cb I bought please...lol

I am told by 4wd parts that I now need an antenna ($30), bracket ($30) and a connector ($13) and of course the install ($??).
The only bracket they carry for my JK is one that mounts to the tire carrier on the tail gate or something that puts the antenna in the center of the jeep. After being nosey last Saturday at Canyons I really liked the brackets that mount the antenna off to one side of the rear - either the tail light mount of the license plate mount.

My biggest issue now is I need to get this done by next weekend before I leave for a trip. So I need suggestions on what and where to purchase and get installation done (unless anyone here can install it).

I also am on a $100 budget. The other thing I was told was that the CB needs to be "calibrated" or "tweaked" or whatever that dude at 4wd said so that it works properly - he said maybe I could just get together with another Jeeper with a CB and get fix all those settings maybe also.

I am not looking for a fancy antenna - and don't need long distance range (right?) since I'm only using it for wheeling with you guys/gals.

Ok - I think that is all for now!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ADVICE, SUGGESTIONS AND ASSISTANCE!!!
Back to top Go down
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

specs. : Banks Cold Air Intake, OR Fab Front Stinger w/Winch, Trail Mods, OR Fab Rear Rock Slider Bumper, OR-FAB Swing-A-Way Tire/Can Carrier, Terraflex 4" Suspension lift with Bump Stops, Method Wheels and 35" of meat

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 7:09 pm

Ok - this is what they told me needed to be done...

Tune the CB antenna for optimum performance using a SWR meter
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 8:59 pm

You to get with David(Hook'em) we put a SWEET antenna and bracket that he bought off the inernet. PM and ask him where he got it
Back to top Go down
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 9:26 pm

Thanks Robert!
Back to top Go down
sbfirekid
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
sbfirekid

Number of posts : 94
Rig : 2010 jk
specs. : 2 in spring spacer lift hi-lift jack
Registration date : 2010-03-15

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 9:39 pm

Go to a truck stop to get antena coax and mounts you can get ita Lil cheeper then 4wheelparts
Back to top Go down
JK_JOE
Got No Life
Got No Life

Number of posts : 815
Rig : R.I.P.
Registration date : 2008-05-12

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 11:04 pm

Check with Renee, there is a SWR meter floating around somewhere in the club.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 11:49 pm

OK so I read your pm before reading this thread. Ignore my pm. The place whey I bought my antenna and mount is from Clay's radio shop in Dallas. The product is made by firestik. Website is firestik.com. It is called a molded side mount. It comes with either a 3' or a 4' antenna. I recommend lookin up the part number on the firestik web site then looking up clays radio shop, and finally I'd call clay. He'll set you up. I'll repost with part numbers and such tomorrow. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 12:36 am

I think Renee has the meter. She was suppose to take it to the install at Tim 's and forgot it.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 12:46 am

LG4-M2 is the one David has. I don't think he even paid $50 for mount, antenna, and cable. It a nice clean set up. If you can wait until next Sunday I can probably install it for you.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 1:55 am

lonestar rubi wrote:
LG4-M2 is the one David has. I don't think he even paid $50 for mount, antenna, and cable. It a nice clean set up. If you can wait until next Sunday I can probably install it for you.

Uhh, Robert you got it wrong. It's actually the LG3-M2-B. Come on, man. When you gonna get your facts straight. geek The 3 is the length of the antenna and the B is the color of the antenna. I bought the 3 because I didn't want to hassle with getting my jeep in the garage. The 4 foot long antenna might improve signal strength a bit. The beauty is you can always buy a longer antenna.

I'm very happy with mine. CB Install??? 508968 Been thinking of buying a longer antenna in red, white, and blue. I'd prefer orange of course, but danged if they don't make them.

BTW Clay's Radio Shop website is http://www.claysradioshop.com/. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 8:24 am

Oohhh that's right YOU are shorter!
Back to top Go down
Renee10
Pathetic
Pathetic
Renee10

Number of posts : 2515
Rig : 2007 Stone White 2-Door
Registration date : 2008-01-27

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

The club has a meter, Jon has it right now. We can get a install going to help you out, just let us know. I know Robert offered to help install. Our house is always open.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeep-nation.com
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 1:21 pm

install would be awesome - I've just gotta get the remaining parts - thanks everyone! I will try to locate parts tomorrow - gonna try a CB shop on Gulfdale by my work tomorrow - if not I'll order online. as soon as i get the parts ill let yall know.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 7:44 pm

That's a good radio you got. If you're in a rush, go to Pilot truck stop out on IH-10 east. They will have all cables, antenna, and some universal mounts.
Back to top Go down
outcast
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
outcast

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2010-01-30

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 8:47 pm

Hook-Em wrote:
Been thinking of buying a longer antenna in red, white, and blue. I'd prefer orange of course, but danged if they don't make them.

How about spray painting one? Bet that new stuff designed to stick on plastic would stick nicely to the rubber on the antennae!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 11:33 pm

matinau wrote:
Hook-Em wrote:
Been thinking of buying a longer antenna in red, white, and blue. I'd prefer orange of course, but danged if they don't make them.

How about spray painting one? Bet that new stuff designed to stick on plastic would stick nicely to the rubber on the antennae!

Dude! You're my new best friend. I might just do that. cheers I know that they make aerosol tool coating, I don't know that comes in orange, but it would be practically bullet-proof. I thought of applying heat shrink, but they don't make it in orange. Mad Thanks, Matt!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 11:43 pm

LORY wrote:
install would be awesome - I've just gotta get the remaining parts - thanks everyone! I will try to locate parts tomorrow - gonna try a CB shop on Gulfdale by my work tomorrow - if not I'll order online. as soon as i get the parts ill let yall know.

I work by Gulfdale (on Sandau, actually). Let me know if you want to come see my setup again. If you end up going with the LG mount on the license plate bracket, I recommend moving the location slightly from where mine is located. There is a support rib inside the bracket. Robert and I had to cut it a bit to clear the fasteners.

Either post up on here or PM me if you want to come by. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:55 pm

Ok - purchased a Molded Side Mount like "Hook-Em" has and my 3' Firestik II antenna - just need to pick up the cables today and I will be ready for help with the install. Robert, if you can still help me with the install that would be awesome!!! Renee said John has the SWR Meter for tuning - in case we need that - not sure how to get that from him.

By the way- I shopped at the local shop on Gulfdale The Ham Store or http://kcomm.biz is their website.
Back to top Go down
TAZJEEPGIRL
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
TAZJEEPGIRL

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 6:50 pm

hey robert - let me know if you can still install for me on sunday - thanks - i have everything i need now! Please give me a call.

thanks 2103870587
Lory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CB Install??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB Install???   CB Install??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CB Install???
Page 1 of 1