MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Defines a Nice Rig?

Go down 
+7
Stouttrout
jeeprookie09
Hood
lonestar rubi
Chris
Mr.RonGilbert
Hook-Em
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

What Defines a Nice Rig? Empty
PostSubject: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 7:39 pm

If it's custom wheels...
If it's a custom spare carrier...
If it's a custom paint job...

...then THIS is a nice rig. affraid

What Defines a Nice Rig? Img00212
What Defines a Nice Rig? Img00213

Look closely, if you dare. Those are steel spoke hub-caps vintage Ben Hur school of style. I kid you not, they stuck out a good 9-12". And don't sell that spare tire carrier short. It is sick, I tell you! I saw it in action. While in front of me I saw the spare tire slowly swing down from the bumper. Then the trunk slowly opened, paused for a second, and then closed. The spare tire then swung back up toward the vertical position. All while maintaining highway speeds. You can see the rake of the spare tire carrier in the second picture.

Almost makes me want to trade my Jeep -- NOT!
Back to top Go down
Mr.RonGilbert
10" SUPER LOGGER
Mr.RonGilbert

Number of posts : 2701
Rig : 08 Black Unlimited
specs. : Its a beater!
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 8:03 pm

What defines fail....

" "
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 12:44 am

Lol rabbit
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 1:12 am

Can you say....WTF?
Back to top Go down
Hood
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Hood

Number of posts : 67
Rig : 94 YJ
specs. : 4.0/5spd
Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 10:43 am

What defines a nice rig? Whatever makes the driver happy, honestly. I am an unabashed people watcher and take note/comment on the poor taste of other people but just as a matter of sport and I am indeed, an asshole.

In the hood, that's prolly a ride the driver's peers envy. Maybe? Hell, I dunno. I see all kinds of vehicles that make me think 'WTF?' even Jeeps. Even new models straight off the dealer's lot (Nissan Cube? WTF? SmartCar?!?)

My DD's are pretty standard and nondescript. The Wench is utilitarian and still favoring the stylings of the previous owner to an extent but eventually, I have plans for her but not a whole lot of aesthetic customization outside of scratches and dents.
Back to top Go down
jeeprookie09
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot
jeeprookie09

Number of posts : 40
Rig : 07 JK
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 10:10 pm

Nice rig.....the one that unf***s you outta a rough spot

Oh and Dave.....lets leave mobile photography to the pros eh? Uless your jeep is coming to me in your will...
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

OK, so it is time to resurrect this little thread. I was on the way back home with my new-fangled Optima red top battery when I saw this little beauty motoring along Bandera Road. Most of you remember the little Manx dune buggies. The ones with the fiberglass shell and air-cooled VW engines. Well this one looked really nice...

What Defines a Nice Rig? Img00014

...right up until I pulled along side it. That's when I almost wet my wife's leather heated/cooled seats in her expedition. Don't take my word for it. See for yourselves.

What Defines a Nice Rig? Img00015

What Defines a Nice Rig? Img00016

What are THOSE, like 24" chromed rims on a freaking dune buggy. rock Sorry, I know that's like 3 minutes of your lives that you'll never have back, but I just had to share.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

Those would look great on your Jeep hook em, They would take away the attention from the acid spots on your fender! Twisted Evil

Sorry David, I couldn't resist! Laughing Hell at least you have nice paint on your rig!
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 6:21 pm

I'm baaaaaaack! I stumbled across this one on the web today. Just had to mix the pot and see what you folks think. Could you do this to a Willy's? I most certainly could not.

What Defines a Nice Rig? 154_1110
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

Wow! got to admit it does look kinda cool!
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

Number of posts : 347
Rig : Multiple (too many) JEEPS
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

That is actually one Bad ASS Rat rod and yes I would do it, I almost did but I bought a 38 Plymouth instead.

What Defines a Nice Rig? Img_0751
What Defines a Nice Rig? HPIM8140
What Defines a Nice Rig? HPIM8138

What Defines a Nice Rig? HPIM8141

What Defines a Nice Rig? Img_0752
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 8:19 pm

However....This one I could do without, but I like the Air intake:

What Defines a Nice Rig? DSC_6647
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 8:20 pm

And this would be one of my Dream Machines.....One Day....

What Defines a Nice Rig? 24137_1389158410606_1281464982_1092743_795534_n1
Back to top Go down
Tvernon
Poster child
Poster child
Tvernon

Number of posts : 300
Rig : 2007 JK
specs. : ------->
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 11:26 am

This would be cool to ride in for about 5 minutes, or until the first time you stuck your hand into that rolling KM2 or Grabber and it pulled your ass out of your own vehicle and killed you haha. Looks sweet though, no lies. And looks like it could get 3 feet of vertical wheel travel lol.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 11:50 am

I do like rat rods. And a Jeep rat rod seems even better Cool
Back to top Go down
goldenboy
Seasoned Vet
Seasoned Vet
goldenboy

Number of posts : 473
Rig : 08 jk unlimited
specs. : close to stock
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 10:31 am

Stouttrout wrote:
That is actually one Bad ASS Rat rod and yes I would do it, I almost did but I bought a 38 Plymouth instead.

What Defines a Nice Rig? HPIM8141

i like that they left the step. nice details for a rat rood too.
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 11:59 am

I like the fact that it has bead locks and MTs
Back to top Go down
Stouttrout
Poster child
Poster child
Stouttrout

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

It has a locking ring on the steering wheel and the air cleaner. Also has a jeep pitman arm but it on the cowl. bagged front and rear,
Back to top Go down
Batjeep09
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk

Number of posts : 143
Rig : 2009 2 Dr JK
specs. : Big tires, scratches, cb, winch, lights, bike rack, more scratches and Batman decals.
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 11:13 pm

I like the steering wheel. nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm

It's baaaaaaaaaaaack. You guys are gonna love this home brew special. You know, I'd be willing to bet this is pretty cheap to make and if you frag it on the trail, you just replace it. Sorry I couldn't get the front bumper shot too, but there was just no way to get it. Be sure to click the image so you can take in the splendor of the quality and workmanship of this custom bumper. Enjoy...

What Defines a Nice Rig? Imag0112
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 5:15 pm

If this was on a jeep, it wouldn't have a winch mount....it would have a come along wrapped around it instead.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 8:26 pm

I saw that guy!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Defines a Nice Rig?   What Defines a Nice Rig? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Defines a Nice Rig?
Page 1 of 1