MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
texanken
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

Number of posts : 13
Rig : 2010 JK Rubicon
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door Empty
PostSubject: Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door   Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 10:05 am

Tuffy Security Products Security Deck Enclosure for 07-10 JK Jeep Wrangler 2-door
$300
Used last summer. Works great, but going with a different option.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14036_0001_07.htm
The lid easily hinges open and is secured shut using an innovative latching system (Patent rights reserved). The lid and front can be easily removed without tools so larger items can be transported when required. The unique lid design is constructed from structural welded steel which incorporates a large weight bearing tray for organizing and transporting items on top. There are also two large trays on each side above the wheel well for addition storage and organization.

The entire Tuffy deck enclosure is constructed using welded 16 gauge steel, heavy duty fasteners, and finished with a durable textured powder coating.

It will work in vehicles equipped with or without the subwoofer and functions with the OEM compartment cover or the Tuffy Cubby Cover Part # 143. All trays have external drain holes to prevent puddling moisture. Mounts easily without drilling in two and four door models and works with an OEM hard or soft top. Optional Rubber mat part # 864 shown in some images is not included but can be ordered separately.

FEATURES:
Large storage area is secured shut when the rear vehicle door is locked
Lid easily hinges open for easy access when the rear vehicle door is opened
Lid and front can be easily removed without tools
Weight bearing lid incorporates a unique storage tray
Two side organization trays included on top of the wheel wells
Mounts in vehicles with or without the OEM subwoofer
Mounts in vehicles with an OEM hard or soft top
Works with the OEM storage cover or Tuffy Cubby Cover Part # 143
Includes all mounting hardware required and does not require drilling
Includes weather seals and all trays have built in external moisture drain holes
Optional diamond plate rubber mat shown in some images but sold separately, Part # 864

SPECIFICATIONS:
Part #173 Color: 01 Black
Exterior Dimensions overall: 36 5/16" L, 52 5/16" W, 17 9/16" H
Interior Dimensions : 33 3/4" L (Bottom), 41 1/2" W, 15 1/2" H
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door   Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

I may be interested. Are the lid and side in good condition? anything bent? You got all the hardware?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
texanken
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

PostSubject: Re: Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door   Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2011, 4:17 pm

Yes, I have the hardware, receipt, directions and it is in good shape. It has been in the garage since I took it out.

It is definitely bullet proof. You can put a loaded cooler on top of it. I enjoyed it, but figured I would try to get some funds towards a lift.
Back to top Go down
jkx0778
Pathetic
Pathetic
jkx0778

Number of posts : 2490
Rig : 2008 unlimited
specs. : in progress
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door   Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011, 11:20 am

something I thought about...

with this installed, can you still use the carseat anchors at the base of the back seats? I have two little ones and if I can't use / access those anchors, this would be a total waste for me.

... Ron, maybe you might be able to answer this?
Back to top Go down
texanken
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

PostSubject: Re: Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door   Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door Icon_minitimeTue 29 Mar 2011, 11:31 am

I have the 2 door where the back seat is removed. I am not sure about the 4 door, but it looks like the back seat shares the anchors in the directions.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/114832.pdf
Back to top Go down
texanken
Straight off the lot
Straight off the lot

PostSubject: Re: Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door   Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 10:15 pm

Reinstalled it yesterday.... Thanks for the interest, but I did not realize the inbox here did not fwd to my regular email.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door   Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure 07-10 JK 2 door
Page 1 of 1