MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
MyJEEPforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?

Go down 
+5
Jake&Jen
lonestar rubi
Chris
Dutchboy101
Hook-Em
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Empty
PostSubject: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 3:56 pm

This little article on MSN hints at the possiblity of a Hemi option for the Jeep Wrangler. Show of hands, how many people actually believe this will happen?

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblog.aspx?feat=048ca691-6d99-4812-b264-d70d70438e9a
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 5:10 pm

You never know... Weirder things have happened.
Remember they put a minivan engine in it now.
If someone told you back in 2004 that by the year 2007 they were going to get rid of the inline 6 and go with the Town & Country engine you wouldn't believe it. And yet here we are......
Back to top Go down
Chris
Got No Life
Got No Life
Chris

Number of posts : 962
Rig : 1990 XJ Trigger
specs. : 4.5in. Rubicon Express lift. JCR front winch bumper. Warn 9in. dual beam lights. PIAA 520 ATP Extreme White lights on Conn Ferr Roof Rack. Cooper STT 285/75/16 on Moab rims. Ramsey 8000 winch. 4:10 G2 gears. Aussie 30 locker, and Detroit Tru Trac locker Dana 44. Poison Syder diff covers
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 8:20 pm

hah
Back to top Go down
lonestar rubi
Got No Life
Got No Life
lonestar rubi

Number of posts : 1202
Rig : 2007 JK unlimited Rubicon
specs. : It's over there}
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 9:04 pm

I'd still do a conversion, Chrysler would fuck it up somehow! upyours
Back to top Go down
Jake&Jen
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Jake&Jen

Number of posts : 96
Rig : 08 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JK
specs. : In the Works: Lift, (Tires Check), (Wheels Check), Front and Rear Bumper, (Blacked out Tail lights and side markers)Check
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 9:40 pm

while we are on the subject of engines and horse power, any of you guys have any suggestions on increasing the horse power and fuel milege on the 3.7? I guess im looking for a cheap solution. I know that putting a chip in it and possibly a cold air will help but I was just wondering if im missing something?
I have been hesitant on the cold air in fear of going through water and sucking it up into the motor.
Back to top Go down
Great Pumpkin
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
Great Pumpkin

Number of posts : 191
Rig : 2009 JK Unlimited
specs. : Sunburst Orange / auto / 4WD / half doors
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 10:58 pm

I'm guessing you're talking about the 3.8L in the JK. Seems like the engine doesn't respond much to traditional options (intake, exhaust, header). Some people have seen a very slight increase of 1mpg when using a Flashpaq but it would take a ton of miles to offset the cost of the device. If you want to get an intake, there's always a snorkel but the cost in that is high and you're going to have to chop up either the hood or some other body part. Gearing helps to get the rpm's in the right range for highway driving. I have a hard time maintaining 70mph when I make the drive from Houston to Corpus area if there's a head wind. I can't wait to swap out my 3.73 for 5.13s.
Back to top Go down
Jake&Jen
Trail Ready
Trail Ready
Jake&Jen

Number of posts : 96
Rig : 08 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JK
specs. : In the Works: Lift, (Tires Check), (Wheels Check), Front and Rear Bumper, (Blacked out Tail lights and side markers)Check
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 8:18 am

Yes the 3.8 sorry about that. Yeah the only way I can really maintain 70 on the HWY is to turn the overdrive off but then of course my RPM's are high. Guess its time to do some tinkering....lol
Back to top Go down
Hook-Em
Got No Life
Got No Life
Hook-Em

Number of posts : 1223
Rig : 2009 Sunburst Orange JK Sahara Unlimited
specs. : 4'' Rancho Sport Lift; 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on 17x8.5 Alloys; Ace Rock Sliders; Poison Spyder Brawler Light Front Bumper; AEM Brute Force CAI
Registration date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 9:31 am

Jake&Jen wrote:
Yes the 3.8 sorry about that. Yeah the only way I can really maintain 70 on the HWY is to turn the overdrive off but then of course my RPM's are high. Guess its time to do some tinkering....lol

Dude! You own a jeep. It's always time to do some tinkering. lol!

As for the programmer idea, it is a reasonably low budget work-around for the endemic power problem of the 3.8L. If your looking for gas mileage improvements to justify payback on the programmer cost, I wouldn't advise it. However, if you want it to improve the driveability and have reasonably good gas mileage improvements, then I highly recommend it.

I have a Superchip Flashpaq and really like the fact that my speedo/odo are accurate. I also notice the vehicle being more responsive. I'm currently running the tow tune, which so far seems to be the best combination of economy and responsiveness. I've been averaging 16 mpg in DD duty of 50/50 hwy/city. I haven't had a full tank of hwy driving but would think I'd get around 18. Compare that to the 13.5 avg mpg before it, and the difference is noticible. The actual mpg improvement is probably pretty small. The recalibration of the speedo means I'm much more accurately reading speed, which likely accounts for most of the mpg improvements I'm seeing.

There are a bunch of people who'd probably jump on the Hemi engine option. I know that there are a bunch who'd rather see them provide a good diesel platform. I'll admit tha there is something very enticing about having a Hemi. With my lifetime power train warranty there's little chance of me looking at a Hemi swap. A gear swap won't happen either until I get an official statement that my mods resulted in a failure of a driveline component.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 9:25 am

Dutchboy101 wrote:
You never know... Weirder things have happened.
Remember they put a minivan engine in it now.
If someone told you back in 2004 that by the year 2007 they were going to get rid of the inline 6 and go with the Town & Country engine you wouldn't believe it. And yet here we are......

Tru dat! afro
Back to top Go down
rlogan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
rlogan

Number of posts : 138
Rig : '10 JK Unlimited
specs. : Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Apr 2011, 9:54 pm

Can you imagine what they'll want to charge for it...

I'm going to try out a turbo. Eventually I want the Hemi (I think). It's really only highway driving that sucks and a turbo would be perfect for that. Run 6-7 psi and give it just enough giddyup so that it can actually get out of its own way. I think I could build a intercooled turbo setup for $1500-2000. Use the same engine management that they use on the SC kits, fabricate turbo manifolds from scratch (or start with aftermarket headers and gof rom there). Obviously most people can't do that sort of thing themselves...but since I can, might as well give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Dutchboy101
Pathetic
Pathetic

Number of posts : 2270
Rig : Jeep
specs. : 37's and stuff
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Apr 2011, 9:59 pm

Turbo's are nice, but I wouldn't want to submerge a hot turbo when you crossing any type of water crossing/obstacle when your wheeling.

Typically doesn't play out well for the turbo. timebomb
Back to top Go down
rlogan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
rlogan

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Apr 2011, 10:14 pm

I'm not much of a water forger, aside from that...they can be mounted pretty high as well. There is a ton of room in there. I don't think it's as big of an issue as most people make it out to be. It's not like it's going to get submerged for long.
Back to top Go down
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman
Got No Life
Got No Life
SBC_Tim aka thebigtman

Number of posts : 944
Rig : YJ/TJ, V8, tons
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 11:22 pm

Rlogan - keep me posted on the turbo setup. I would like to see that when you get started.
Back to top Go down
rlogan
Walks The Walk
Walks The Walk
rlogan

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011, 10:50 am

Will do...I need to recover from all the drivetrain upgrades (and soon to be tires). And now my wife wants wood floors in several rooms. Damn, this whole compromise thing sucks....I obviously need all the money for my projects.
Back to top Go down
cctex84

cctex84

Number of posts : 5
Rig : 2008 JKU
Registration date : 2011-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 1:30 am

Hemi....hmmm maybe I could see them doing something stupid n being lowered with more of a sport stance. No offense to anyone with a lowered jeep. Should say with all do respect lol. I want a Diesel engine but thatll never happen from factory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?   Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Jeeps Finally Going to Include a Hemi Option?
Page 1 of 1